Downsizers - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    5/24 steps - 2,541

Ugh, the rainstorms kept me from my walk yesterday.

I am excited, I sold my very large sectional sofa that is in our upstairs game room. That will get picked up Wednesday and will make room for my new home gym! I have created quite a little wish list on Amazon, I will have to resist every urge to buy it all at once!

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Doh, I believe I ate a Cat hair on my burger... Oopsie.

I have dogs and there was a time in my life where dog hair in my food would have grossed me out. Now it's pretty much standard๐Ÿ˜‰.

Way to rock on the weight and laps!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Another weekend where things were off track. It's kind of amazing how I seem to pile on the excuses. Well, not today--it's no excuses Tuesday...back at it again!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @azkunk
    Thanks for understanding, it's so much easier for me to place "blame" on a situation than get my butt off the couch. Wow, middle school and elementary school promotions- wipe tear away. Love that determination to kick butt this week! You got this ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

@rwood566
    That's awesome that you rounded up! Look at how quickly you added an extra 31 steps ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป Well done, take a bow. I actually heard it on that podcast, We Only Look Thin, aka WOLT, (I'm still bingeing through their episodes๐Ÿ˜†). You are so good at eating in a low calorie budget. You're amazing, glad you're going for the walk in the morning. It's getting too hot here also, I was going to get one of those rebounders. Apparently you just walk in place on it (I thought it was for jumping ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ). I don't think I'd use it though. This is the model that the hosts on WOLT use https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D7TVQFF/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=weonlylookthi-20&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B01HCTIM10&linkId=862b89890683958c16103fc7710ddcec&th=1&psc=1
    They also make ones with a stabilizer bar.

@Bluetail6
    Terrific steps!!

@Poobah1972
    Hopefully you'll sleep well tonight, especially after walking IN THE RAIN. It's really incredible how quickly you turned walking into a habit. Listen, there's no reason to wear clothes while working out. You're just going to get all sweaty anyway. Save the laundry. Go naked.
    That was very insightful about knowing that the scale may not reflect all of the good habits with your new routine. You got this!

@jimboden3
    I agree, the Internet can make your mind spiral with all of the diagnoses. Hopefully, the doc will have a cancelation to get you in sooner, but the seventh will be here before you know it. That's a great idea in the meantime, to take it easy and eat a bit healthier. Take care.

@lindamtuck2018
    I'm glad you ordered your dongle to listen to some podcasts while your walk. I'm almost always listening to a podcast, audiobook or music. Four โœ…s! Way to go Linda ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Look at that HIGH step count ๐ŸŽ‰ Well done. Oh, geese can be very intimidating - especially when there is a gaggle approaching or blocking the path. I agree, turn back. I keep seeing images of the TV show, When Animals Attack ๐Ÿ˜† Very impressive about raising your step goal to either 500 or 1,000!

@BRGking
    Glad you're joining us!
  • azkunk
    Options
    Check-in for Monday, 5/24

Check in daily: โœ…
    Water (90oz):โœ…
    Macros (P>100, C<115, F<40): โœ…โœ…โœ…
    Exercise= row 20 min 4/wk: โ”โ”โ”โ”

Yesterday was a good day. Only thing missing was exercise but it was not panned due to late meeting at work and dance. I did help my son practice volleyball for 20 minutes before I had to drive my daughter to dance.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @littleflutterby
    Congratulations on your loss and for being your lightest in a long time ๐ŸŽ‰Your walk sounded lovely, I hope you two can turn it into a pleasant routine. You cracked me up saying that today was JUST therapy, chores, studying and mediation. That's A LOT! You're doing great, so glad you're back.

@rlaskey2
    That must have been a LONG walk, almost 17,000 steps! You have incredible stamina. I hope to get there one day, seeing all of the posts of steps 2,000 and up are very encouraging. One of the tips I heard today was commit to just five minutes. Take five minutes to walk around the house, practice stretching, do some strength exercises, try a five-minute yoga pose... Sometimes, it's hard to fit in a 30 minute routine, but five minutes can be squeezed in somewhere. Oh yes, keeping the kids busy during this time is a bit more challenging. There's a lot of ideas on Pinterest, have you had a chance to scroll through?

@lcfa5317
    That's great that your friend/health coach is very supportive of you. Tracking what you're eating and drinking is a great way to notice trends, as well as keep you accountable. One of the most important pieces of advice that I've heard during my path, is to choose an eating plan that you don't mind sticking to for the rest of your life. That way when you go on maintenance, you already have your eating habits established and you get to enjoy a few more calories in your daily budget. You can do this! ๐Ÿค— We are here for you. One day at a time.

@888Angie888
    Love that NO EXCUSES TUESDAY!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Yayyyy!!! I'm so happy for you ๐Ÿค— You've been awesome at listening to your body (and your doctor) about not walking. I know you've been wanting to get back out there and now Monday you can.

@amymartin555
    Welcome to the team! We're glad you're here.

@Tazaria87
    Wow, phenomenal day! Look at all of those steps ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป I love that your family goes for walks.

@azkunk
    Four โœ…s!! Well done ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป In my book, 20 minutes of helping your son play volleyball is definitely exercise ๐Ÿ˜„
  • azkunk
    Options
    @TheresaM787 - it was 6:00pm and 95 degrees. I was wearing jeans and a long sleeved shirt. I definitely broke a sweat ๐Ÿฅต

@Tazaria87 - thatโ€™s a nice long walk

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - I am so glad that you have finally recovered. Iโ€™m sure Aspen has been missing his walks as much as you

@888Angie888 - weekends are my downfall but I will be strong this weekend. We are going camping and I will be packing protein bars and shakes to help stay on track.

@lcfa5317 - I was told to try gluten free for my knee and hip pain but I just canโ€™t do it. Good luck with IF.

@rlaskey2 - my kids are finally at the age where they entertain themselves and itโ€™s so nice

@littleflutterby - NICE LOSS๐Ÿคฉ It was nice of your co-workers to pick up your shifts so that you can ease back into work. I canโ€™t imagine working there. Starbucks is never not busy.

@lmf1012 - a home gym sounds exciting. Make sure to take before and after pictures

@Poobah1972 - thatโ€™s some pretty good insight and determination regarding building muscle vs the scale

@lindamtuck2018 - geese are MEAN! I donโ€™t blame you one bit for turning around.

@jimboden3 - I was thinking it sounds like a hernia too. Good plan to take it easy until you can see the doctor.

@Z10Rtza - I hope the new dietician is more helpful. Let us know about the acupuncture goes. I always wanted to give it a try.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Bike- 30 minutes, 8 miles ๐Ÿ‘Ž it took an extra 20 seconds to finish the 8 miles
    Steps- 10,000 โœ…
    Seltzer- 8 cups ๐Ÿ‘Ž only six cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank โœ…
    Under calorie budget ๐Ÿ‘Ž I went over by 254, yesterday I was under by 295

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike 31 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 13,000

Another crazy eLearning day with an off-schedule. I chose to put off vacuuming and mopping, to get in a ride and some strength training. I also chose to give the kids an afternoon off from Reading, to get in an hour-walk. I"m not feeling very good about that one, I don't think I'll be repeating that choice.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,227 Member
    Options
    We have another new member heading our way ... Please welcome @runzfromzombies :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Yayyyy!!! I'm so happy for you ๐Ÿค— You've been awesome at listening to your body (and your doctor) about not walking. I know you've been wanting to get back out there and now Monday you can.

Thanks @TheresaM787 .... I am excited to get back out there but I also really need to listen to my body .... I know me I will want to get out there and do 5 miles right away but I also do not want to re-injure myself so I will start out slow and work my way up :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - I am so glad that you have finally recovered. Iโ€™m sure Aspen has been missing his walks as much as you

Thanks Andrea .... We all have missed it ... thank goodness I have a big backyard with a pool or I think it would of been worse for Aspen :p
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    16,074 steps today๐Ÿ™‚. Under calorie goal and met water goal.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited May 2021
    Options

If you want I can add you to our step challenge for the last week of May and you will continue our step challenge while you are with our group
    All I need is for you to give me a step number that you plan on hitting daily and post your steps either daily or weekly (by Sunday of each week )
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Options

If you want I can add you to our step challenge for the last week of May and you will continue our step challenge while you are with our group
    All I need is for you to give me a step number that you plan on hitting daily and post your steps either daily or weekly (by Sunday of each week )

My daily goal is 10,000 minimum. If you'd like to add me I don't mind posting my steps it's totally up to you. It might help our team in which case I'm all for it.๐Ÿ™‚
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Options
    I also have my step count every day for all of may if you need it. I have the google fit app that's recorded it for months each day.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Check in for 5/25:
    Steps - 9319. Almost all of that was my walk.
    Calories - about 1600. Crap for dinner and a mini cream pie for dessert. Hated both of those.
    Exercise - yes. Watch said 3.2 miles but I didn't verify it. Watch usually shorts me. 1 hr. 8 min.

Not in a good place upstairs today. Got lightheaded every time I stood up all day. First time that bad. Wanted to go out to dinner with wife and she said no because she was afraid of people and their masks. She's never worried about it before so I threw that back in her face later. Overall - cranky, headache, backache from walk, afraid because of my dizziness. I really hope I'm better in the morning. I'm supposed to hit the gym with daughter. I don't want to get tossed by going after the morons who don't know what a nose is or think their throats spread covid and not their mouths.
This discussion has been closed.