Downsizers - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Can someone post the podcasts again? I'm going to try to download some to listen at the gym.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,911 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps:
    5/16: 16,868
    5/17: 14, 258
    5/18: 11,243
    5/19: 8,026
    5/20: 6,906
    5/21: 8,472
    5/22: 8,626
    5/23: will post later tonight🙂
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,911 Member
    Options
    Hello all;
    I’m out of town. Most of the day flying, then driving. I got lost, as I’m not spending the first night at our condo. As I wanted to get further North before dark. Anyway, all is going well. It just took me a little longer to drive further North. Found a place to have a reasonable dinner. I’ll have to put it together in my diary. I took a photo, lol. This should be interesting, as it is the first time I’ve traveled since I started last September. I’ll catch up tomorrow as I have a half hr to order dinner.
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Sorry for it being so late Megan, thanks for the reminder!!

16/5- 14,228
    17/5- 8,332
    18/5- 3,439
    19/5- 4,194
    20/5- 7,608
    21/5- 12,463
    22/5- 2,673

And so far this week lol

23/5- 10,290
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,774 Member
    Options
    Sorry for it being so late Megan, thanks for the reminder!!

16/5- 14,228
    17/5- 8,332
    18/5- 3,439
    19/5- 4,194
    20/5- 7,608
    21/5- 12,463
    22/5- 2,673

And so far this week lol

23/5- 10,290

You are not late ....You are welcome for the reminder and thank you for posting :)
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Oh, Linda. I'm so sorry that you fell and am glad that you were able to get up with nothing broken. I'll bet you're going to be sore tomorrow. I hope that doesn't last long. I love your spirit! And look at all of those green checks! That's great! Hope Garry is doing well after his extractions.

@TheresaM787
    I love that you told your husband that you would walk with him. That is great! 7.5 miles is still awesome and sooooooooooo much better than zero miles!

@Beverly2Hansen
    Welcome to the team!
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 575 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Today my daughter and I were in the car traveling for about 3.5 hours. We stopped at Buc-ee's (for those of you who know what that is) and both ordered a chicken fajita taco in a soft tortilla. It had grilled chicken, bell pepper, onion, guacamole, pico de gallo, a little sour cream and a little cheese for 380 calories. There were many, many unhealthy and/or high calorie options. The smells in there were amazing. I feel good tonight about my choices today and was just under my calories for the day, even with 1/2 cup of ice cream this evening.

I brought some fruits, veggies and snacks from home on this trip. That way I'll have the foods that fit better into my day. It is late at night, and I want to eat! I won't though. When I'm out of town, I just really want to graze and snack all day and eat late at night. I think I'll be okay this time. I keep reminding myself to choose things that are in line with my goals.

Tonight I was at about 9600 steps. So I paced around the condo to get 10,000. I love the step challenge because it can get me moving late at night when I wouldn't have otherwise if I am close to my daily goal.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Can you please put me back to 10,000 steps for the step challenge?
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    23rd May
    Steps 12,057
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Username: mszoueb
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    PW: 228
    CW: 225.4

---
    Hi all, here for Monday check in.

Surprised by the weigh in this morning. I weighed myself a few days ago at 226 and then yesterday at this weight 225.4, I didn't think it'd stick around.

Not sure how it's such a big loss because on Friday evening my takeaway fast ended due to having half a veggie pizza at a family member's house. I really wasn't intending to eat anything there, but in conversation, got asked if I had already ate my tea (evening meal) which I hadn't yet.

But you know, despite the fact it would of been nice to continue my streak to 6 months, I felt it was a real life moment to be had with family, I hadn't been in their house in a year and a half until then because of the pandemic situation. I felt a little more in control with sharing half the veggie pizza with a family member, had a couple of potato wedges and a little homemade garlic sauce.

I'm due to go out for food for one of my good friends birthday tomorrow or Thursday, so shall see how that affects things. I'll try and be mindful however, it brings back to my previous paragraph of allowing myself to have real life moments now and again, away from counting all calories.

Hope you all have a great week!
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 8,723

Sorry for all the typos in yesterday’s post, fat fingers or tiredness I guess! Yesterday we skipped basketball since still hot and had our first official beach day of the season. Brought sandwich since didn’t know how protein shake would work making in advance. I didn’t eat any junk though and had two white claw seltzer’s. I felt all bloated after, maybe the bread. Low steps since Fitbit died again.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    A Friendly Reminder... I need steps from the following people

@Z1ORtza 5/19-5/22
    @red1185 5/22
    Thank you for your cooperation :) I will be zeroing out the steps I do not have by Monday Evening

5/22: 6,055
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @rlaskey2
    Beach Day!!! I hope you guys had fun. That was a good idea of bringing your own food, so that you know exactly what you're eating. I'm not sure which protein shake you're drinking. I used to drink a premede carton called Orgain Clean Protein (in chocolate- because, it's chocolate). I would toss it in the freezer for about an hour, then it would go into the cooler. You got in a lot of steps at the beach before your Fit Bit died. Ugh, hopefully it was just the battery that died on your FitBIt and not the actual tracker.

@mszoueb
    Congratulations on your loss! I'm glad you took time to really be in the moment. It sounds like you have developed some pretty strong, healthy habits around food. Way to go!!

@roz0810
    Great step day for you!!

@iradi8
    Now that is some serious mind control! You showed amazing restraint in choosing a healthy option and then staying UNDER. That was terrific planning, brining your own fruits, veg and snacks on the trip. Look at those healthy habits sticking! So happy for you that you hit your 10,000 goal, by walking around the condo for the last 400 steps. It's amazing how motivated we can get my these goals. Well done! Have fun

MORE TO COME LATER
    Time to ride (kids have a crazy week of school- different times each day), be back later to finish posting. Have a great day everyone.
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (May 24, 2021)
    PW: 207.9
    CW: 209.4
    SW: 240

Congrats to the Downsizers team last week for 2nd place - Go Team!

My decision to hold off on meaningful exercise (until I figure out what's wrong with the swelling on the right side of my pelvic/midsection) may be having a negative impact as I'm up for the week - although we did have the marching band and volleyball banquets yesterday for our two boys so the mid-day meals yesterday weren't exactly up to the usual healthy variety. Anyway my doctor appt is in 2 weeks and hope to get this resolved and behind me soon.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,577 Member
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    ✅Steps 6,945
    ❌Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ❌Physio 1/2

Don’t like the ❌’s but it was plain laziness with the physio. My sleep was a result of going to bed to late and walking up super early. I am not as sore as I thought I would be so I am going to attempt to walk to the other park near my apartment. I can always get Garry to pick me up if it’s too challenging. It has a pond so I am hoping there is a path to walk around it. It’s also a lot cooler here today so great walking weather. I am going to do a backyard visit with the kids this afternoon. It’s a holiday here so they have no school.

Have a great Monday!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Super Woosh Monday! 💪👍🤗😎😁

I took it easy yesterday, being fast day and all. I didn't log onto MFP practically all day other than in the morning. I watched a few Sci-Fi's movies, lazed around. Washed a few loads of clothes (overdo). Then at 7:45pm, I decided to treat my knees, mind and body to a little extra Deep sleep and recovery. I took 2 ibuprofen and some melatonin and decided to hit the sack. (Something I might do once every few weeks). And wow did I sleep well. Record Sleep Score of 90, and a total of 9 hours and 8 minutes of God's Glories Nappy Time. 😊

With the kind of Sleep under my belt, it was time to get those knee braces Strapped on my butt outside. (Note I'm getting much better at putting these things on). It's a beautiful bright and sunny morning in this neck of the woods, but refreshingly cool. Birds of all sorts can be heard, from the Trumpeter Swans (Granted they can be irritating loud when you're trying to sleep) right out front in the creek, to the mallard ducks, and the Big Ole Wood Pecker that seems to have taken up a nest in the area, as his drumming can be heard in the area on the daily now. Oddly enough that Pecker was nailing the tin facia on one the homes in our community as I made my laps this morning, it was quite loud. lol (tough peak, I guess?)

6 Laps this morning, I figured with this much rest and my knee's feeling pretty good... I had to do it.

0w3eezxa8ppl.png

And Since it's Super Woosh Monday! Upon completion of the 6th lap, I dragged my *kitten* in the house and immediately started striping naked, including removing the Knee Braces (this is no easy feat... after that walk... lol)... Weighed myself, gathered up all my stuff... And finally headed up 2 flights of stairs before finally Stopping the clock.

And without further Tudu!!!! I've Lost 7.8 Pound this week!!! HOLY MOLLY Expletives BATMAN! 😄

Couldn't be happier with today... Heck even my heart rate monitor worked the entire time.... 854 Calories burned in just 35 Minutes. (I wonder what my horse power output is? Lol)

Happy Happy Joy Joy! 🕺💃😋

And to make it even better, My beautiful fiancé was out there this morning too, and also had a fantastic loss this week. And she's been pushing herself and her heart rate too. So proud of her. 💕

Okay... Enough yachty yack.

Thank you for all the support, you all make it a that much easier to keep on going or push that much harder! Have the best possible Monday Guys and Gals. And lots of Love from me to you! 🤗💖🤗😊
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 it was me, sorry. It was an accident.

@theresam787 good job getting your hubby to walk.

@rlaskey2 great job planning for your special meal. Happy anniversary.

@Poobah1972 great loss. Amazing work.

@Beverly2Hansen welcome to the team. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.

@iradi8 enjoy the trip. Nice decision on the meal.
This discussion has been closed.