Replies

• Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 161.4
    CW 163.2

Considering I was showing a 5lb gain on Tuesday, I guess this is better. Will have a good week this week.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    Yes!! Look at how well you've done in just a few days 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

@red1185
    I'm glad that helped 🤗 I need to give those podcasts a listen. We loved The Office years ago, and have recently binged it when quarantine began. Thanks for the recommendations! Thank you also for the support 🤩
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Bike- 30 minutes, 8 miles ✅
    Steps- 10,000 ✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups ✅ FINALLY!
    Tracked everything ate and drank ✅
    Under calorie budget 👎

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike 30 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 12,300

I learned that one of the step tracker apps miscalculates mileage 🤦🏻‍♀️. I use Map My Walk, Pedometer (Apple's) and Pacer. Pacer and Map My Walk both had my walk at 4.4 miles, Pedometer only had me at 3.6 miles. Of course, I used Pedometer to guesstimate how long I'd need to walk to get to 10,000 steps (whoops). Apparently that walk this morning only brought me to 8,300 steps, not the 10,000 that I thought it would. Technology (said in Jerry Seinfeld's "Newman" voice).

Good news, my amazing hubby exchanged my watch so I have it back now, and went on a couple of short walks to get to the 12,300. Tomorrow, I'm going to try to get in another 4 miles, with the understanding that it will get me to approximately 8,300 steps and then hopefully the balance will push me over my goal.

I went over my budget, this time I only had one slice of peach pie, but I went way over for dinner. We wound up eating at a diner and I ordered something that should be banned - biscuits and gravy, with a side of poached eggs. Now, I used to make biscuits all the time, I know about the butter and heavy cream. My mom used to make sausage gravy, and that wasn't any healthier. Now you combine them and you feel your arteries harden with every delicious bite.

Back on track tomorrow, except for a slice of peach pie (I'll pre-track that).
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @theresam787 good luck with the new watch. I always use Google maps to check my watch, which tends to be low as well. I love biscuits and gravy too. I've cut mine down to 1 biscuit. Grats on the one slice of pie.

@red1185 I'm glad you got that release out. I loved your catch-up. Nice steps.

@Poobah1972 grats on everything. You're killing it. I just packed up my last 6x yesterday. I've slowly replaced them with 2x or 3x. Now to find a good home for them.

Check in for 5/22:
    Steps not many but I haven't worn my watch all day. Recharging then not going anywhere.
    Calories - about 1600. Lots of snacks, which I hate. I'm trying to get them out of the house and most of them only have a little left.
    Exercise - rest day. I left the house once, took the trash out.

Going for a walk in the morning. Probably no gym for a few more days because of my arm.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps:

5/21 15,461
    5/22 10,069
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    22nd May
    Steps

12lbs down and 2inches down on my belly in 2 months 🙂
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm planning on replying to your responses, first I'd like to share a pizza update from yesterday. I mentioned about how I've seen that you could do stuffed crust with it and well, yesterday I gave it a go and it worked! I would post a video of seeing the cheese pulled, but MFP seems to be in dinosaur age in video formats not being supported to upload.

5c38it00s0w6.jpg

It isn't grease on the plate, it's liquid from the relish or veggies. I spread a tbsp of caramelised onion relish from Aldi on the base, various veggies and grated mozzarella used for the stuffed crust and topping. Dried garlic, chilli flakes and mixed herbs also used. You could put whatever your heart desires in and on the pizza to be honest.
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    @rwood566
    I think a lot of people can relate to your responses, myself included. It is sad that how our minds can absorb such societal pressures which in time,  contribute into us diminishing our own self worth based on something so superficial that in the grand scheme of things, doesn't fully matter because looks fade over time, if you are lucky enough to grow older.

You explaining finding your hip bone again must have felt a funny victory, thankfully it wasn't serious like a tumour!

Thank you for your response, it just shows that we are all on journeys of life in our own ways, but yet can still find relative connection in shared feelings and experience.

@lmf1012
    It does make sense, and from experience, it can be easy to just go through the motions and numb ourselves to reality when we are heavier. It also reminds me of when comments can be made when your weight loss is starting to become visible to others and it's like well wow, what did they really think of me before?

@iradi8
    Love your reply, so true. I thought I'd see a bigger difference visually and be able to get back into clothes I used to by now, but I have to remind myself that last time I lost round about this amount, I would of been back into 180's from 217.  I'm excited to get back down there again.

@red1185
    Ahh you've tagged me correctly, but MFP didn't show up a notification for your reply, thankfully I try and read each page of comments anyways. Thank you for your reply, the taste of the yoghurt doesn't really come through to me, I'd recommend giving it a go and see how you feel :) yeah the fiber ones certainly come in handy!
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @mszoueb
    Oh my goodness, your pizza looks incredible! Thanks again for sharing.

@roz0810
    Your consistency in going for daily walks is really inspiring. Wow, that's amazing! I'm so happy for you 😃🎉

@iradi8
    Another two days over 10,000 steps 👏🏻👏🏻 well done.

@rwood566
    Yes, that's what I should have done (just had the one biscuit). I thought I could just stop, nope. I should have either asked for a second plate or dragged a line through the gravy 😆 Glad you had a rest day, hopefully your arm feels better today.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Does anyone use a rebounder? Forget Game of Thrones' "Winter is Coming", summer is coming! It's going to get HOT outside. I was thinking about possibly getting one, I need to research first.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    WEEK FOUR CHALLENGE: SELF-CARE is up and ready for you!! :)

l0ee90d5p04c.jpg
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,574 Member
    Options
    @TheresaM787
    That Fitbit meme killed me. I know I get so excited when I see the disco ball on mine when I hit mystep goal. I know I need a life. I am so impressed with your bike riding. You do it day after day no excuses. You need to share some of that determination. I haven’t had biscuits and gravy. Next time I go to Florida to my Dads winter home I am going to try them. I never heard of a rebounder but I googled it. Looks like a great way to workout. Can you swim with the heat? Ok, you have to stop with the tv references. I have a sudden urge to rematch Game of Thrones. 😂

@rlaskey2
    Weekends are the hardest. I can’t imagine getting doing it while shuttling kids to activities. Do the best you can and try to be mindful of what you are eating. I had my varicose veins injected over 20 years ago. They still look pretty good. Good luck with the procedure if you decide to have it done.

@lmf1012
    Awesome loss! A new decade too! High five for sticking to plan. 🖐

@Aqualang26
    Congrats on being fully vaccinated! I am glad you are feeling better. With over 60 pounds lost you are not failing. Be gentle with yourself but remind yourself you are a success. Maybe you can post sticky’s on your mirror. It has to be tough trying to get things done with a toddler and fit exercise in. I know I find swimming totally relaxing even though I am pushing hard. So enjoy those swims. If you decide to go to the gym hold your head high because you are a success!

@rwood566
    Over 12,000 steps! Amazing! Snacks are evil! I have to live in a snack free zone as they know my name. It must feel good to be looking for a new home for your clothes.

@Tazaria87
    Consider it a win as you pulled yourself back from a mini disaster.

@red1185
    Get things off our minds is important and this is a great place to do it. Bread is something that is hard to pass up. There is nothing wrong with having a carb but try to make a mental image in your head of your plate. 1/4 protein, 1/4 carb and the other half veggies. This is something I learned with my diabetic dietitian but it is good for everyone. I love your therapist. Sounds like your sessions are so productive. Love the idea of a new head coach. Great nsv’s! Your dog is adorable.

@Poobah1972
    I know the heat and humidity has been record breaking the last few days so kudos to you for walking. Great NSV with the clothes!
  • iradi8
    Options
    Yay! Team Downsizers is in the number 2 spot this week!

Congrats to all who lost this week and to @rwood566 @roz0810 @Aqualang26 @888Angie888 especially!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Yay Downsizers! In the top 3 again! To our top three @roz0810 @Aqualang26 @888Angie888 congrats! Look at you all and @rwood566 hitting the lead board for the entire F2F group. Amazing!
  • iradi8
    Options
    Yesterday we had a family crawfish boil and get together. It was the first time our family has gotten together like this in over a year. My first cousin was there with his child, who will be two y.o. in July, and since he lives across the country from all of us, it was the first time the baby was around us. It was a wonderful day and so thankful.

Today my daughter and I will be driving three hours to our beach condo to do quite a bit of work to get it ready for rentals. We'll be home later this week. This is all so much harder to do when I am not in the somewhat controlled environment of my home, and going out of town has historically been a food frenzy. I've done so much better with that in the last seven months though.

With the stress of caring for my mother lately, this is so needed even though we'll be working. The beach is right there, and I will be taking long walks in the sand along the water's edge. My niece and my brother will help me out with my mom this week while I'm gone. Thankfully, her back pain has been improving little by little each day.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Saturday’s check in
    ✅Steps 7,875
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ✅Physio 2/2

Just got back from my walk. I had a fall but I got up and continued my walk. I just didn’t take the long route to Tim Hortons. Going to push to get my steps but I am a little sore. It my own fault as I was daydreaming. I have to be aware of my foot as when it goes numb as it feels like it is turned in and I trip over it. All’s well as nothing broke but my phone case and my capris are toast.

I have been thinking about my June step goal and I think I will raise it to 6000. In the last three weeks I have only been below that 4 times so it will give me that extra push. Also, with the humidity upon us it is going to get hard to walk outside and the exercise room not opening anytime soon I will have to get creative with my walks to reach it.

Happy Sunday!
This discussion has been closed.