Bike- 30 minutes, 8 miles โœ…
    Steps- 10,000 โœ…
    Seltzer- 8 cups ๐Ÿ‘Ž only five cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank โœ…
    Under calorie budget ๐Ÿ‘Ž not even close

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike 30 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 11,300

Well, I got up early like I planned, but had coffee and started responding to emails. I should have had coffee and then went straight to the bike, because before I knew it the kids were up and there wasn't enough time for a ride. I got the ride in later than I normally do, but didn't get the rest of the exercises done (I usually do 20 minutes of strength training). I did get to bake the peach pie today and that's the reason why I went over. I know I should have had just one piece, I budgeted for one piece. My daughter still had a half a piece leftover, I told myself "you're not hungry, just eat an apple if you need to eat something, but you don't need to eat anything" (yes, I argue with myself). Ate the apple. Stared at the pie. Ate the pie. I did get most of my to-do list done (it's rare that I finish my list).

Well, the watch is going back ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ It's not working correctly, so I'm getting it replaced. My steps will be down until I get a replacement, because I don't carry my phone with me. Technology ๐Ÿ˜  First world problems ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps:

5/16 11,923
    5/17 7,827
    5/18 9,762
    5/19 10,330
    5/20 8,586
  • iradi8
    Options
    @888Angie888
    Sounds like you are doing well now. Nice loss. I am interested in seeing that graph.

@rwood566
    That's great that you did so much walking at the zoo and even the hill!

@Bluetail6
    53 pounds gone! You are doing so well:)

@mszoueb
    I can definitely relate to your post. I am down almost sixty pounds, but I don't see it. I don't know how. I do know that in the last couple of months, while sitting watching tv, my hand somehow touched my collar bone, and I realized that I can actually feel it. To some, that may not seem like anything. To me, it is a tangible sign of my weight loss. Now that I have discovered it, I sometimes touch my collar bone just to feel how it is noticeable now. I also have a ways to go, and it is slow going these last few months. As for the Zoom calls, I've had several. I still keep the camera turned off as many people do as well. Maybe one of these days, I'll turn it on:) I'm not giving up either. We must keep on going!

@TheresaM787
    I love your quotes and memes. I love your encouragement and support. It is much appreciated. You have a way with words! Thank you for the comments about my mom. Your step counts are awesome!

@lindamtuck2018
    Thanks for the comments about my mom. My daughter and I did go out for a walk. It was super windy and threatening rain, but we made it back without getting wet. I was so exhausted this morning and didn't want to go. But I pushed myself and did it. My legs felt so tired and heavy. I felt better when we got back. We walked three miles, and I was so glad we did it early because the day got very busy. I love your comments about loving your body as it is. I need to take your advice. That is a very healthy attitude.

• iradi8
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Sorry that you were in pain last night. You had so many steps! Glad your anxiety is improving. Anxiety is so tough to deal with. That's great that sticking to your menu has helped with night time eating. I have heard that Covid can affect memory. I love that you volunteered to be studied for that.

@rwood566
    Great loss! You have done so well! People can be so mean. Glad you were able to ignore those miserable people.

@lmf1012
    Yes, that does make sense. I don't know if I am more self-conscious now, but I am certainly just as self-conscious because I feel like people are watching my body. I don't like when I see someone I haven't seen in a while and they get so excited about my body and that I've lost weight. It makes me very uncomfortable. I know that this weight has an extremely high chance of finding its way back, so I don't like that people make such a big spectacle of it. You said that making the decision to lose weight almost highlights your flaws, and I totally get what you are saying.

@Poobah1972
    Glad the knee braces are helping. That is fantastic that you were able to get an extra lap in and in such good time. Now that is progress:) King crab and Wagyu beef sounds amazing for your birthday!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Another loss this week. You are doing so well even without your walks. Hope things are getting better for you. You've been hurting for so long. It is going to feel so good when you're all healed.

@rlaskey2
    I cannot function without lists. I would never remember anything. I also have been thinking about how I used to get everything done when I worked full-time. Where does the time go each day?

@Tazaria87
    It feels so good to have a clean house. You're back on track now, so hopefully the scale won't be too bad.

@Piqueaboo
    That is great that you are still skipping! It is just so very hard when we're away from home. You'll get back on track once you're home.

@Aqualang26
    Nice loss!

@TheresaM787
    It can be so frustrating when our devices do not work properly. That goes for MFP as well. Peach pie sounds amazing. I have been known to eat little bits that my kids leave on their plate as well. I tell myself not to, but apparently I don't listen. LOL.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    Options
    @Aqualang26
    Amazing loss!

@TheresaM787
    The best part of your check in is you tracked everything. Itโ€™s easy to fudge things on our diary but honestly tracking is so important. I like to compare my diary to my happy scale data. It sure paints a picture though not always pretty. Maybe yesterday can be your rest day with strength training. You slayed the bike again. It frustrating when our fitness watches donโ€™t work. I hope you can get a replacement fast.

@iradi8
    I am glad you made sometime to unwind and itโ€™s great that you did it with your daughter. Well done on pushing yourself to go.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    Options
    Fridayโ€™s check in
    โœ…Steps 7,427
    โŒSleep
    โœ…Walk
    โœ…Physio 2/2

I seriously donโ€™t know why I woke up at 3:30 and couldnโ€™t go back to sleep. Anyway, it is going to be a long day. Someone had posted a picture of a park on neighborhoods so I decided to check out the wooded area I can see from the balcony. It was the wrong park but it has a nice path for walking. I am going to drive past the other one to find out if it is a manageable distance to walk. It has a pond. I love walking in wooded areas. I ordered my dongle so I can listen to podcasts/music while walking or sitting on balcony.

Itโ€™s grocery shopping day. I will get a few steps from that. Garry is having the rest of his teeth pulled today as the dentist wanted him on antibiotics. I will walk over to meet him to get my walk in today.

Enjoy the first day of the long weekend.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Thank you for saying that. ๐Ÿค— It's amazing, I know I've built healthy habits, but it's so easy for me to slip back into my old ways. I started getting a bit upset with myself, "why did I do that? I know better." Then I thought, about this team, if one of our incredibly hard working team members had the extra slice of not budgeted peach pie, I would ask them to have grace with themselves and remind them of all their success that led them here. You guys are awesome, you guys changed my mindset. Thank you!

Yes, I miss my tracker.

@iradi8
    Thank you. Oh yes, the peach pie was delicious. Sneaking bits of food, the kids bust me and think it's so funny ๐Ÿ˜ƒ "we caught you mommy" they are hilarious. Thank you, I"m glad you like the supportive shares and images. I'm really glad that your mom is home, and will be getting help there. ๐Ÿค—

Look at all of those steps! Well done, that's incredible you were able to get in that many while being so incredibly busy. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

@Aqualang26
    Fantastic loss! Another great loss, two in a row ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป How was your week?
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    toze71fg5v8c.png

You know it's funny, I'm an adult and I know that the step counts on the phone are just numbers and it's the steps that are important. If I walk about 4 1/2 miles, that's about 10,300 steps (thank you pedometer for listing approximate miles, floors climbed with the daily total step counts). I just need to make sure I get in a 4 mile walk, and then I'll definitely be over 10,000 with regular daily activities. However, I really like seeing the green bar showing that I hit over 10,000 steps and seeing I've hit a streak of x days of hitting my goal (really, I'm an adult). Yet, I keep grabbing my phone to try and capture those few steps from the coffee machine to the table ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ Shaking my head and laughing over here. Finishing my coffee and then I'm going for a walk before the family wakes up.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 11,616

Had appt with vascular doctor for my veins and he suggested a procedure that should help with the soreness and appearance but sounds slightly more involved that what I have had in the past. I took a walk with my mom after, trying to see my parents more while I am home.

Protein shakes this week got me down .5 lb where I have Ben stuck but not sure if they will be harder to do over the weekend. I took one to baseball last night for dinner since I didnโ€™t feel like cooking and the game was 5:30-7:30.
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thanks @lindamtuck2018 and @iradi8 !

@TheresaM787 Thank you! My week was okay. I was down for the count with a fever etc from my second shot for a couple days but I'm grateful to be fully vaccinated now. If only my toddler could get we could actually go do stuff finally!

I increased my calories about 4 weeks ago (they were too low) and it's been going well according to the scale, but I feel like I'm failing every day. Lots of guilt, even though I'm eating a healthy amount. It's weird and worrisome. I'm trying to rewire that pesky part of my brain but ...

I had to take a big, deep breath before I got on the scale last night because I was sure it was going to show a gain.

Idk. It's a weird feeling.

It's getting too hot here to walk. I'll have to switch from taking my little on an 1.5 walk in the mornings to a swim. Those walks give me some peace though. She can be a handful and needs almost constant engagenent, but is mostly chill on our walks so it's a nice break. But man, the humidity in south florida is killer.

Once my vaccine has kicked in all the way (another couple weeks) I need to start hitting the gym and strength training again. I'd have to go after her bedtime and, by then, I'm spent. Truth be told, I'm also super hesitant to be seen there so weak and flabby. Idk, I'll work it out (hahaha)
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @Aqualang26
    That's tough being down with a fever, while caring for your family. I'm glad you're feeling better. Why are you feeling guilty while eating healthy? Feel free to just share whatever you need to, this is a safe and supportive space, everyone here is so encouraging. I used to love going for walks with my kids when they were little, and it gets even better when they get older (well for the last two weeks at least ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿปthat it continues). Gyms were always a hurdle for me, for similar reasons, I just never felt comfortable there. Choose what works for you. I found grabbing a pair of 3 and 5 pound weights, to do strength training and then working out to classes online much easier to fit into my day. There's plenty of people that prefer to join a gym, they like the community feeling and being around other people. You'll find what you like best. Any purposeful movement is good. ๐Ÿค—

@lmf1012
    CONGRATULATIONS on hitting a new milestone Joni๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰ you've worked hard and look at those results! That was a great tip about knowing what you were going to eat at the restaurant and pre-tracking it. Great willpower on sticking to your plan! Another success ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

@rlaskey2
    Huge step count!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป That's nice that you and your mom went for a walk. What did you decide? Are you going to have the procedure for your veins? That's a great grab-and-go option, choosing a protein shake.

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I think I may be a little OCD, but not tested and don't care. Also, the fear of going back where I started. Great motivation.

@ theresam787 the siren songs from those desserts is hard to withstand. Maybe slide the extra half piece into the trash while grabbing the apple? I have to remind myself about the history of the sirens. They want to cause the sailor (me, literally) to crash and drown.

@Aqualang26 excellent loss.

@Piqueaboo nice weight gain control while you're not home. You'll slide back down quickly. Do you skip like rocky in the movies yet?

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Check in for 5/21
    Steps 12487.
    Calories under but fairly close. I made wife and daughter banana splits and I had a little ice cream cup for myself. 260 calories for that little? Ouch.
    Exercise - 4.8 mile walk in the morning and went to the gym with daughter after her work. I had blood work 2 days ago and started working my arms/shoulders. Had to stop because the poke site got really tender and new blood under the skin. I think I popped the vein open. It feels better this morning.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Happy Sweat Saturday to you too! So many huge milestones for you ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป got up and walked the five laps (even though it's sweltering outside), a new PR for your heart rate and TWO sizes down ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰! I'm so happy for you ๐Ÿ˜Ž

@red1185
    That was a great idea, just putting it all out there. Sometimes that helps, letting it out. I'm glad you did, that's what we are here for - to support and encourage one another. Making healthy food decisions is hard, that was one of my first challenges- I didn't realize a calorie isn't just a calorie (100 calories of an apple is different than 100 calories of two Oreos). I used the free trial of Noom to help me out with learning the difference. They have a food diary that also puts the foods into one of three different categories. Congratulations on the 17 pound loss so far ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป That's good to hear that the therapist is offering helpful suggestions that you are already using. I like your NSV list, very impressive. Sometimes we put too much stock in what the scale says and forget about all of the other NSVs out there. Keep at it, we're here for you ๐Ÿค—

@lindamtuck2018
    Way to go!! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰ Free doesn't always mean free. Yes, free at the store, but that cost of what it does to us definitely is a cost. That was a great idea, giving them to your grandkids - hopefully your daughter looks at as a special treat for the kiddos.

@rwood566
    ENORMOUS steps ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป that was a really long walk. How did it feel? Yes, it doesn't seem right that ice cream is so calorie dense. Have you tried Halo Top? I just tried it a few weeks ago, an entire pint for 330 calories (I don't think you're supposed to eat the whole pint, but it's a pint). Yes, I need to learn to walk away from the dessert, but dessert is my Achilles' heal.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @lmf1012 Congratulations on reaching a new decade!

@Poohah72 You are crushing it! Great job with the morning walks and congratulations on fitting into the โ€œmotivationalโ€ shirts.

@red1185. I love that you are focusing on positive actions. I have to constantly work on positive self talk and goals outside of weight loss too. It really makes for a better quality of life and new experiences.

@lindamtuck2018 That was great thinking to give the ice cream to your grandchildren. I love reading about your time with them. Walking in a new park sounds like fun. I hope your sleep improves.
This discussion has been closed.