WaistAways - June 2021 Chat

Options

Replies

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Happy Birthday and congratulations to your son. Would you move with your daughter? That's an awesome Grandma!!!

@SMcFall0215 Great job on busting your plate!

@planemonkey Did you take next week off to demolish your deck? I am always telling my husband the only way he will get anything done is if he takes time off of work.

I decided to do MBF, a Beachbody program, again this summer. I am definitely out of shape and had to pause it!!! At one point I looked down to see what time it was on my fitbit and noticed it wasn't working!!! I ended up going to Target and buying a new one. It was on sale. My steps have not been great this week, but today was really bad!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,109 Member
    Options
    I should take a day away more often - look at you all!! Great green numbers popping up all over the spreadsheet. It is looking MUCH better than last week. Well done, team!

I thoroughly enjoyed my 2-day video workshop - the local arts council is running a lot of programs for all kinds of artists, and this one was for musicians to learn how to film and edit video. I was amazed how much we learned in 2 days. Of course it was also fabulous to be with other human beings in person! Everything was set up very covid safe, and the space was large, the weather outside was beautiful (if a bit chilly) for breaks, the teacher was excellent, and the little town where it was held is a treasure. Could not have been better! Now I just have to get to experimenting with the new skills before forgetting them. My friend Marie @marsipan100 and I were there together, and we have plans :smiley:

I'll get my nightly nagging in right away :wink:

Thursday people still due!
    @kalaki6145
    @eggfreak

Friday people still due!
    @Steph1498
    @healthygirlintransit

Saturday folks - heads up! Be ready to get it done:
    @evangsimmons170
    @Micki48
    @sunny9847

Mid-month is a great time to post questions, ideas, discussion topics - anything that might be worth tossing about to see what other people do or think. We often need a boost to get through the latter part of the month - especially with summer holidays coming up, so bring it on.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,145 Member
    Options
    Morning all. What does everyone on the team use to count their steps?
  • jugar
    Options
    Morning all. What does everyone on the team use to count their steps?

I have a rather old Fitbit Charge2. I bought it used for a good price, and it does the job just fine. I don't use it to track sleep or anything much more than steps, although I do like the gradations of activity based on heart rate - a day might have a very large number of steps, but almost no activity in the "burn" zone, for example - but otherwise I don't use the bells and whistles much. It works well, as long as I remember to recharge it on time!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit Wear a KN95 mask (or one geared for woodworking) when you want to be out in the smokey air. That might work well.

@Terytha What a great title for a short story! I agree with Liselyn that you weren't defeated. True, you surrendered when you felt over-indulged but that is definitely the positive side of our mutual struggle. For me last night, I was beaten by a black raspberry soft serve cone with chocolate sprinkles. It was worth it!

@PlaneMonkey Kitty GLUE! It's really a thing, especially at my house because there are 3 who enjoy keeping any of the bi-pedal cats under the covers and purring. Well, in our case, snoring would be more accurate.

One of the activities in NOOM that I'm appreciating is figuring out what my emotional trigger is and what to do about it. There can be several active "triggers", of course, but it's interesting to start with the trigger (in this case, emotional or physical hunger), back it up to the thought right after it ("I just can't resist") to the action, "Overeating". Being able to get unstuck from the trigger is what helps me become better aware of what I'm doing. Hmm.

If you're interested in trying NOOM out, send me your email and I'll zap you a coupon to save $20. They send me $20, too.

Psychology and me. I like it.
    Have a lovely day! I'm off to buy some garden plants - I know - it's getting late but I want a few things in those raised beds besides good looking dirt!

• jugar
    Options
    Saturday is racing to a close already -

I haven't been inside or online much today - some of our wood for next winter was delivered, so there has been much cording going on, and getting the garden all shipshape so that I can be gone for while without it turning too disastrous. My intentional exercise has been nowhere for the past few days, but at least I got a lot of steps in today.

There are a lot of great weigh-ins this week, but a lot of empty spaces too! Here is your last chance - get them in by 8 am Eastern Sunday please!!

@ob1msu
    @renewal_2021
    @kalaki6145
    @eggfreak
    @Steph1498
    @healthygirlintransit
    @Micki48

Thanks!!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Today Brad and I went into the city near our trailer and took our dog for a 6km walk at the nice off-leaah they have there. The weather was gorgeous.

Also tried a new fruit this morning.. Santa Clause melon.. have you guys had it before? It's like a honeydew but I found it sweeter or smoother or something.. very delicious. Brad has been making these amazing fruit salads with all sorts of fun goodies I love digging into.. any combo will do but the more variety, the more fun!!

I also had a random craving for plantains so we bought some of those at the grocery store today... and we are doing butternut squash as a side dish for dinner tonight. Switching up fruit and veggie options really helps me to feel like meals stay interesting.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Happy belated birthday @micki48 .. you are glowing in that photo. Hope you had a nice time celebrating!

@Terytha anyone we'd know who did the Cameo for you? I had a coworker arrange one for his father-in-law's 60th and it was a hit.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 It depends how into gaming culture you are I guess. The person was Dan Avidan, a YouTube gamer and lead singer of three different niche bands that I love: NSP, Starbomb and Skyhill.

He wished us well and then sang part of a romantic song for me. I spontaneously combusted on the spot and have been living life as a small, happy pile of ashes ever since.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! @Micki48 Happy belated birthday!! Hope you have a great year. P.S. - That looks delicious
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Sunday!

I'm a bit late getting started with the tallies, but I think I needed the extra hour of sleep. Hugs to you @micki48 - you do indeed look fabulous!

@steph1498 hugs flying your way too - go for that ONE perfect day. Everything logged and on plan, some exercise done, a good amount of water. Just one. You'll then be in a much better place for thinking about the rest of them.

OK - numbers! We still have some missing people, but hopefully everyone will be back soon...
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Oh wow! @Micki48 Happy belated birthday!! Hope you have a great year. P.S. - That looks delicious

Thanks! It’s my once a year treat. Ahi tuna, wasabi mashed potatoes, feta, cabbage, and toasted almonds sautéed in sesame oil, balsamic glaze, and chipotle oil. It is fabulous!!! I could not/did not eat it all in one sitting.

@KellyBgetsfit If my daughter gets the job in PA, we will move as well. We lived up there for 28 years and moved to NC 10 years ago. There are many benefits to moving back along with being close proximity grandparents, although that’s pretty important in itself.

My weight is up up. About a pound to two pounds depending on what day it is. Like @Steph1498 I am all over the place. Eating, exercise, all need improvement. When life gets busy, I lose focus on my journey here and don’t do what I know I should be doing.

On my mind are lots of small home repairs we need to do if we are going to sell this house. Son starting a new job, possibly moving in the next few months, daughters job search and tomorrow I have a biopsy on my tongue 👅. Oh the irony of that one. I had this white wart-like spot since March. It seems to have practically disappeared now. But it changes and can sometimes be calm then come back angry. Anyway, send any good vibes and prayers my way if you are so inclined.

Time for ☕️ and Pilates 🧘🏻‍♀️
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. I ate a lot yesterday. If I didn't log it, I actually wouldn't have realized how much.🤷‍♀️ I know my hunger is up because I have been doing intense workouts the last two days. I am also really sore. The smoke has cleared but we are hitting 100 degrees. I am going to take Mabel for a walk before it gets too hot.

Steps
    Sun 22,338
    Mon 13, 629
    Tues 6,407
    Wed 9,971
    20 min elliptical
    Thurs 7430
    20 elliptical
    Fri 5,758
    20 min elliptical
    35 min intervals
    Sat 9,412
    35 min intervals
    20 min elliptical
  • jugar
    Options
    Can't wait for the official winners announcement - we did so much better than last week, even if we're not in the top 3! Big congrats to our own top 3:
    @EvMakesChanges
    @ashleycarole86
    @conleywoods
    Great job all 3 of you!! Of course, special big hugs to my sister Evelyn for getting UNSTUCK and getting off to a great start. Keep it up!

We do have some stuck people - all tips for getting unstuck are welcome. Everyone already knows mine, so let's hear yours. It happens, but when it lasts too long, action is required. Lights - Camera - GO!
This discussion has been closed.