WaistAways - June 2021 Chat

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Different binge report: I've read 11 books in the last three days. Plus the archives of two comics. I love reading. Fantasy, non-fiction, romance, anything. BOOKS. I need them like I need air.

I haven't had time to sit and read like this in a long time.

I had a personal success yesterday as well, I faced a fear I've had for a couple years now with good results.

It's been a good start to vacation. :)

Back to reading.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    Different binge report: I've read 11 books in the last three days. Plus the archives of two comics. I love reading. Fantasy, non-fiction, romance, anything. BOOKS. I need them like I need air.

I haven't had time to sit and read like this in a long time.

I had a personal success yesterday as well, I faced a fear I've had for a couple years now with good results.

It's been a good start to vacation. :)

Back to reading.

Reading is amazing - you get to be in two places at once. I always have one audiobook and one visual book going at all times. It's great that you have some time to indulge to the fullest! No calories, guaranteed.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 538 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    Happy Monday!
    I'm going to a wonderful "secret" section of a river to play in the water with a friend later today - it is SO hot outside it will feel wonderful to finish the afternoon in the cold water. You have to hike in but it is worth it.

I am feeling the step/exercise report for last week - so if you have more numbers for me, we can have a happy dance for the intrepid steppers. Numbers for May 30 to June 5:
    @Micki48
    @gak71
    @KellyBgetsfit
    @EvMakesChanges

and @steph1498 just for Saturday. Thanks!

Hey, hey! I won't be doing the steps this month because my fitbit died and all that jazz. As soon as I get a replacement, I'll jump back in.
  • jugar
    OK, folks - there is some catching up to do!

Missing weigh-ins for Sunday-Monday-Tuesday:
    @ob1msu
    @renewal_2021
    @graceojo999
    @Kali225
    I hope you are all able to report ASAP :heart:

Heads up for Wednesday:
    @PlaneMonkey
    @AshenMoon
    @EvMakesChanges
    @MoStacy

Thanks!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 968 Member
    @DD265 I really hope kitty feels better and fingers crossed for good news so you can enjoy your trip.

@YinxFed Loved the little tour of your town! It looks like a pleasant place to get a workout in. We have lots of hills here too so I totally get it 😅 ha!

@ashleycarole86 Haha! You gotta watch out for those night salads! It's the darn dressing.

@Terytha My daughter is a reading fool. She just got a bunch of books at the beginning of June and I am sure she has finished them. She is 12 and any recommendations are welcome!

Today I stayed in calories even with take out tonight! Woo-hoo 🙌 and said no to late night snacks with my husband. Had some long meetings in the morning at work but the afternoon was just playing with kids in classes. I got to go on a walk with my husband after I got home. We checked on a bird nest I found. Last time it had 1 egg but today it has 3 eggs! I used my new mini pilates tower for a 30 minute workout. Today was definitely easier. Yesterday I was fumbling with the hook ups and springs. I felt like I spent most of the time working out this time.
    xib5maoi5gt3.jpg
  • jugar
    Happy Wednesday! I get to go riding this morning, so that will be a great start to the day - I still don't have my horse back, but it is interesting getting adapted to other horses for a while, too. They are good teachers, if not always very patient...

I'm glad to read about anti-snacking resolve. I really need some these days! As I said to my doctor one time, I eat very well. Then I eat badly. Last night was one of those for sure! I had made the mistake of buying a nice big bag of trail mix, and that is always a mistake. It is going into the freezer today, and then when I am feeling like NOT eating any of it, I will put it into 1-portion bags in hopes that I can stick to one, and only when they fit into my day easily. Thanks for having strength and resolve just when I needed to borrow some!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 588 Member
    Tuesday Weigh-in (1 day late oops!)

PW: 215.6
    CW: 216.7

My weekend away was fun, but unfortunately I picked up a cold from one of the friends I saw, so I've felt pretty awful the last 3 days. That + the weekend eating, I'm glad the gain was only about a pound. I'll take it. And a nap.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    zyvjhxckc9d7.jpg

Due to a typographical error, week 1 results were incorrect. Please see the corrected winners below:

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    e2fhra3yekzc.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    bhi8u44n071x.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    jd8aa1lkbojk.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    tj6r9vacg187.png

@Kinalau
    @laurelfit57
    @IDebraK
    @BRGking
    @Firefly743
    @Platinum1013
  • EvMakesChanges
    @jugar CW 188.6
    Yay! I'm finally moving down. Feeling better about that and it helps keep me motivated more than when it goes up, that's for sure!
    I'll be back in the evening when it's quieter and cooler in here.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    @conleywoods My favorite books at 12 were So You Want to be a Wizard by Diane Duane and Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce.

In fact I still reread them sometimes. Both authors are great for creating strong female leads worth looking up to. There weren't that many books like that when I was a kid.
  • MoStacy
    MoStacy Posts: 98 Member
    LW: 205
    CW: 206
    TEAM: waistaways
    @jugar I hope that I am registered. I will just keep posting...😘
  • EvMakesChanges
    It has been so humid and hot here - wild! Normally, we get humid weather for a week or two in August but not in June. I need to get down to the pond to cool off. With any luck, the town has cleaned up the leaves and sticks from the winter. We shall see!
    I’m finding NOOM helpful in this adventure called weight loss. Since the focus is the psychology behind our behavior, I find it easier to make the right choices. It’s working, so, no complaints!
    I’m procrastinating grocery shopping and should probably just go in the morning. If I go now, it’ll still be a bit hot-plus, I’m hungry.
    Ok. I’m convinced. I’ll go first thing!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    CW 191.0
    PW 192.0
    LTD 53.0

This past weekend included tubing for the first time this season since it was SO HOT and that resulted in lots of sore upper body muscles for a couple of days. I did some Pilates stretching and foam rolling to ease the soreness. Yesterday I went for an hour long paddle from one bridge over the lake to the other. My balance is definitely getting better, I only fell to my knees once and totally overboard once after that. Overall I'm pretty happy with the last few days.

I still have zero self control for portions on the weekends but I have at least been reigning myself in on the day drinking while floating in an inner tube with my book. Flavoured water is a satisfying substitute.

I'm hopeful I will get to bed early enough today to get up and exercise before work tomorrow. Send encouraging vibes to get me away from the snooze button at 5:30am eastern time tomorrow!!
  • jugar
    MoStacy wrote: »
    LW: 205
    CW: 206
    TEAM: waistaways
    @jugar I hope that I am registered. I will just keep posting...😘

You certainly are! Please keep posting - every day if you can :heart:
  • jugar
    It has been so humid and hot here - wild! Normally, we get humid weather for a week or two in August but not in June. I need to get down to the pond to cool off. With any luck, the town has cleaned up the leaves and sticks from the winter. We shall see!
    I’m finding NOOM helpful in this adventure called weight loss. Since the focus is the psychology behind our behavior, I find it easier to make the right choices. It’s working, so, no complaints!
    I’m procrastinating grocery shopping and should probably just go in the morning. If I go now, it’ll still be a bit hot-plus, I’m hungry.
    Ok. I’m convinced. I’ll go first thing!

First thing in the morning is the easiest time (I find, anyhow) to avoid buying The Wrong Stuff. Afternoon, the desires are rising and will attack frequently!

I'm glad you're trying Noom. A lot of people have found it super helpful - I think there are some people here on the team who have used it. Good for you!!
    I'm hopeful I will get to bed early enough today to get up and exercise before work tomorrow. Send encouraging vibes to get me away from the snooze button at 5:30am eastern time tomorrow!!
    I have to get up early tomorrow too - maybe not quite that early, but I'll bug you when I am up, or you can brag when you have finished your workout. We'll both try to fit in some exercise before the day really gets going. I have a 2 day workshop starting early tomorrow, so you'll help inspire me to get up and do the workout before leaving. Mutual Assured Determination!!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,087 Member
    You've inspired me guys.. I'll join the pre-work workout crew!! Good way to squeeze in more movement for the day.

Be back in the morning for weigh-in :)
  • jugar
    Better late than never!

Last week there were SIX intrepid steppers/exercisers keeping track and here is how it looked:

All together, we took enough steps to go from @Yinxfed 's beautiful home town of Bewdley in Worcerstershire to London - with plenty of steps left to tour around a bit! We hit a total of 353,996 steps, or about 183 miles (295 km), so we could make it to London easy.
    0umsc6mn8qn4.png

Top 3 -

@jugar 84,127 steps
    @Steph1498 73961 steps (and that is missing Saturday's!)
    @YinxFed 64,550 steps

Great week for all, though - and it sure would be nice to have spent the week walking from Bewdley to London, amiright?

Hats off to all the steppers, including
    @Micki48
    @gak71
    @evangsimmons170

Let's see how far we can get this week!
  • jugar
    @PlaneMonkey and @ashleycarole
    Are we up and ready to roll? I just rescheduled my 2nd vaccine dose appointment now that they are allowing us to make them earlier, and in a couple of minutes, I'll get on my mat and make some moves. Have a great day!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,043 Member
    Ha ha 😂 I love the map, @jugar . In fact that's my drive down to my Mum's in London, and I will be doing the return trip in a couple of weeks when I drop Mum back home.

Happy dance 💃 for getting into the Top 3 Steppers last week!

Have a great day, Friends!
This discussion has been closed.