WaistAways - June 2021 Chat

Options

Replies

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Our living room windows are at ground level and at 5 am the sun shines on them and they have a mirror finish. The turkeys keep coming to the window and puffing up. Then they try and fight their reflection. Such a pain to have to wake up to them pecking the windows!
    You've got Alarm-Turkeys! Just as annoying as roosters, I suspect, although they go off all the time. our neighbors have one. well, maybe the word is now "had". I didn't hear it at all the past day or so.
    @jugar CW 192.2
    That's what happens when I don't weigh in on time AND when living at Emily's in Winooski with a freezer full of frozen stuff I don't normally eat. Sigh.
    Well, I'm back home now.
    I'll have to get a variety of veggies back into my life and fridge. It's time to get walking more, too. Yay!
    Have a great night. I'll be back soon.

• PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @micki48 I'm currently at 192 with a goal weight of 175, and have myself set to 'not very active' to make sure MFP doesnt give me more movement credit than I deserve. When I set myself to lose 0.5lbs a week, I get 1737 calories, if I want to lose 1 lb a week, I get 1487 calories, and if I want to lose 1.5lbs a week then I only get 1237.

If you change your goal settings it recalculates each time depending on your current weight and choices. I know if I leave the higher calorie goal in my diary, I will eat to it, but if I put the lowest one, I will always eat more than the daily goal and get discouraged and upset by it. So I've been sticking middle ground and I'm learning to accept this is a marathon and not a sprint. It's going to take me a long time to get to my final goal but that will hopefully make it more sustainable and prevent too much saggy skin.

Play with the calculations and see what it gives you. I choose to not add in exercise credits because I find my Garmin doesnt track it all that accurately. (who climbs up 49 flights of stairs and only goes back down 12? All while living in a bungalow!

Just saying... 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    CW 151
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,054 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the news and numbers - I am so glad I put in the ZERO challenge for this week and really committed to it. The temptations to have a sandwich, or some ryvita crackers with cheese, or a granola bar thing have been strong this past couple of days. I had decided to take in zero grains this week, and the challenge is helping me stick with it. I'm in the market for some good fruit snacks though. The cherries I bought Tuesday are so tasteless, I finally gave up and sent them to the compost heap (aka the raccoon restaurant).

Every muscle is feeling it tonight! I had a long riding session this morning, and the workouts have been a bit more intense this week. I love the feeling of well-used muscles telling me that they are a bit sore and whiny. I give them stretches to get them to shut up, and look forward to a fabulous night's sleep. I'll be the Epic workouts do this for you, @YinxFed and anyone else who is doing them!

So! Who is up for submitting more numbers?

Still due up through today:
    @renewal_2021
    @kalaki6145
    @marsipan100

Due Friday:
    @Pearl4686
    @conleywoods
    @SMcFall0215
    @happimess01
    @Steph1498
    @ellz_runs
    @lorib642
    @gak71
    @healthygirlintransit
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey Thanks for sharing your calorie settings. I kind of think around 1500 may be the place to be. I may adjust mine down too. 175 and I would be very happy. Right now I have a short term goal of 185. Today has been a good day calorie-wise. So if I can keep that up, it would be great. I also took my bike down from the shed. It’s been hanging out there for 10 years. Lol. Time to ride again if it still goes. 😄
  • jugar
    Options
    @micki48

0c7nan7qvlh7.png
    Go Michele Go!

But I think you need a bike like this one -
    ybkpgxt1btu2.png
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a great food day😟 I don't know why but I was sooooo hungry this evening after the kids went to bed. Maybe it's been all the activity at the lake or I'm just in vacation mode. Basically I had a second dinner. I know I shouldn't have but it felt great to feel satisfied. I didn't stuff myself so that is a small victory. Time to get back on track right away though.

@jugar Great job on your zero challenge. I was thinking about doing it but was worried I couldn't do it. I need to get my sweet intake under control and stop eating chips. It doesn't help that I desperately need to go to the grocery store. I have to restock ASAP!
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    @jugar I’m away so didn’t weigh this morning. I’ll be home later today and will report my weight tomorrow morning. Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Well, we have finally been having some rain, and now the sun is back out. Y'know that means weeding is on my agenda. I don't have kids at home to send out for that job anymore...
    o0wu0pibb0kf.png
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Hope things get better for you soon @Pearl4686
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Friday
    lorib642
    PW: 158.7
    CW: 158.7
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    @Terytha have a great vacation!

Booked my hot air balloon ride today that my husband got for a wedding present.. we are going on August 3 (weather permitting). Felt great that my weight was within the limit to book online.. a huge source of dread for me before I started this.
  • jugar
    Options
    OK folks - final call for the week's weigh-ins!

Due through Friday:
    @renewal_2021
    @kalaki6145
    @conleywoods
    @ellz_runs
    @gak71
    @healthygirlintransit

Due Saturday:
    @evangsimmons170
    @Micki48
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @sunny9847

Thanks for getting those numbers in, or letting me know if you need the week off - :heart:
This discussion has been closed.