WaistAways - June 2021 Chat

Options

Replies

• deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    PW 156
    CW 156

Whew! Made it back down after a retirement party at work this week.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)
    arh1y57npi19.png
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,054 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    CW: 160

The scale is taunting me again. A mere 5 pounds to a healthy weight but it feels almost as impossible as the first 50.

That said, I've been on this probiotic for a month now and even I can't believe how much better things are. A little whole ago I ate vegetables for dinner without three days of agony after for the first time in two years. I feel pretty OK day to day and I haven't touched my stomach pills in three weeks.

That's why I feel pretty confident that it's gonna be OK.

but you lost 1.8 pounds this week! Looks good to me - and I am so happy for you being able to digest things again. Vegetables, watch out! Here comes Amber :sweat_smile:
  • jugar
    Options
    Update!

Sunday weigh-ins still due:
    @ob1msu
    @renewal_2021

Monday weigh-ins:
    @DD265
    @graceojo999

Thanks!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Hey 👋🏼 not much going on today. Lots of phone time with my sister and best friend. That was 4 hours of my day.

Will walk and do Pilates tomorrow.
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    gak71 wrote: »
    CW: 245.9

Big hug going out to you, Gary - you know what to do to kick that blip to the curb!

Enjoy the rest of your Friday :heart:

Thank you, it was definitely a disappointing but eye opening week! I was at another baseball tournament this past weekend and came home a couple pounds lighter so maybe I learned from my previous mistakes!
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    I'm going to a wonderful "secret" section of a river to play in the water with a friend later today - it is SO hot outside it will feel wonderful to finish the afternoon in the cold water. You have to hike in but it is worth it.

I am feeling the step/exercise report for last week - so if you have more numbers for me, we can have a happy dance for the intrepid steppers. Numbers for May 30 to June 5:
    @Micki48
    @gak71
    @KellyBgetsfit
    @EvMakesChanges

and @steph1498 just for Saturday. Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Rainy day here but I am home and hoping to do my minimum 20 minutes of walking, and either a yoga session or some time on our recumbent bike.

Work is stressful and I have the pit of anxiety sitting in my stomach. I know the exercise will be a healthier stress alternative than my old ways of eating way too much!

Week one back on deficit is going very well though.. no issues there.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Did 16 minutes of Pilates first thing. Breakfast is logged and now my Juliet is here for the day!😍

@jugar Steps

0em80kvabe8g.jpeg
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Daily Steps:
    Sun 7,870
    Mon 6,260
    Tue 3,222
    Wed 3,662
    Thu 5,509
    Fri 5,589
    Sat 5,636

Total 37,748
    Daily Average 5,393

I've been struggling with plantar fasciitis and it shows in my steps and weight loss the last month!
  • jugar
    Options
    Thanks for the step numbers :heart:

I hope you're all having or finishing up a lovely day. I had a good one for sure! And tomorrow is Tuesday - so heads up for:

@ob1msu
    @renewal_2021 (last chance! if you need time off and are not leaving the team, let me know!)
    @graceojo999
    @Kali225

@KellyBgetsfit - your step numbers? I'll go back and make sure I didn't miss them...
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Good evening!
    Today was my first day back at work...😕 sigh. Calories were good until the evening and then my husband and I had late night salads. Just under 200 Calories over budget. I did a really short pilates workout.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods Wasn't expecting that "late night" sentence to end with salad ;) hope work goes well

My mom started tracking on MFP last night which is great and I'm trying to support her to stick with it. It's a big deal for her to be doing it and she (like many during COVID.. myself included before I started) hit an all time high.. a motivation to make some changes. She's been having a lot of health issues so I will be doing everything I can to motivate her to stick with it.

Got my yoga in yesterday.. I was stiff and sore so it felt really good. The week is quite rainy so I will likely boost walks with more of this stuff over the next few days.

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @jugar sorry I missed the steps. I am on my way from my Grandp's funeral. Do you want my steps for the monthly total or just skip it? Also, I am going to take a pass on my weigh in this week. We walked a lot and my eating wasn't horrible, but sitting in the car all day today is probably going to cause some water weight.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Sorry I've been a bit quiet - I hope everyone is OK.

My stress levels have been high enough that Garmin has prompted me to do a breathwork exercise twice in 5 days. Eeek. Friday's was largely brought on by traffic (a 20 minute journey taking an hour) but I was taking Kirk to the vet about blood in his urine, and today I was actually sat in my grandparent's garden, 1.5hours away from home stressing that we'd left Kirk all day and he still has blood in his urine. We have another vet visit in the morning - it might be totally fine but we're supposed to be going to our Airbnb tomorrow so I'd far rather have him checked before we go and get some reassurance (or extra meds) than be worrying about him until we're home on Friday. Our cat sitter is great, but it's not the same as being home yourself!

I ran on Friday morning before work, Sunday - we called it at McDonalds (after a 5k) due to the heat, got a (zero calorie) drink and walked home - then I did 10 minutes walk/run lamppost to lamppost yesterday with a friend who's rehabbing. That felt very strange and right back to where I started! Was supposed to run this evening but I had my hair done this morning and - deviating from my usual don't-care-in-a-ponytail-it-goes attitude - decided it looks gorgeous and I didn't want to wash it tonight, so I'm going to run at 7am tomorrow with my friend instead.

Food wise I've still not eaten exercise calories this month. I came fairly close yesterday but managed to abstain so pleased with that. Today, with us being out and about, there's not been much opportunity for snacking but we did have McDonalds for tea and that uses a lot of calories. I used to enjoy the salads at McDonalds but the last 2-3 I had pre-covid were naff, and it's put me off. After my hair appointment I wandered around before OH came to pick me up; I was in Hebden Bridge which is full of independent shops so there are some really unique things to find. I'd recommend the Yorkshire Soap Company to anybody in the UK (though I'm sure they'd ship overseas if asked nicely) and this is divine: https://yorkshiresoap.co.uk/home-scents/seville-orange-clementine. My hairdresser had some in the salon and it smelled so nice, I had to get my own.

ETA - I just cancelled my WW membership before it auto-renews. Since starting MFP in January, I haven't looked back, but the cancellation feels like a milestone. :)
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar sorry I missed the steps. I am on my way from my Grandp's funeral. Do you want my steps for the monthly total or just skip it? Also, I am going to take a pass on my weigh in this week. We walked a lot and my eating wasn't horrible, but sitting in the car all day today is probably going to cause some water weight.

No problem - I forgot that you were on the road to a funeral. I hope you had some good connections with your family and that many stories were told. We'll just catch your steps back up whenever you are ready - the monthly total is just for us, and in includes all the ups and downs, for whatever reason. And a week off from weighing in is certainly a good thing to just relax about it for now, and you'll get back to your routine soon, I'm sure. Hugs to you!

@YinxFed
    Your walk, as always, looks beautiful. And the steps are your own MUCH more attractive stairmaster! Who needs a machine in a gym when you can be out in places like this. Thanks for sharing!

@DD265
    I love your running diary - it is so "real world". The friend doing walk - run - walk is lucky to have you to keep them company, and the hair-raising reason for changing your run schedule really put a smile on my face. Congratulations on letting the WW membership go - when you find what works, stick with it! When something doesn't fit anymore, drop it - well done. I really hope your kitty is feeling better, too. It is so hard when they are unwell. Fingers crossed for Kirk!

We are welcoming back another returning member! @lovethyneighbor took a few months off and decided it was time to get on board again. Go ahead and (re)introduce yourself, Sarah - it is great to have you back!
This discussion has been closed.