WaistAways - June 2021 Chat

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    gak71 wrote: »
    I had the perfect day I needed which meant skipping bread, pasta, and dessert at a school banquet for my son tonight. Once I stack a few perfect days together I usually find it easier to stay on track.
    You are absolutely right. Breaking the pattern of wild eating is the hardest part - once you get that one day, it gets easier. Probably because it feels so good! Well done :smiley:
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Oh, for Pete’s sake! My post didn’t post. Grrr!
    @jugar, I’ll weigh in on Thursday this week - sorry for delay. Steps have been lagging because of my Fitbit dying. I’ll get back in next month.
    More soon!
    Xoxo
  • jugar
    Options
    Oh, for Pete’s sake! My post didn’t post. Grrr!
    @jugar, I’ll weigh in on Thursday this week - sorry for delay. Steps have been lagging because of my Fitbit dying. I’ll get back in next month.
    More soon!
    Xoxo

Oh no! Did you hit the dreaded "done" button? That one is instant regret every time. No problem to wait until Thursday - hugs!!
  • jugar
    Options
    Heads up Wednesday people!

@PlaneMonkey
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @Pearl4686
    @MoStacy

Overdue, but still appreciated :blush:
    @renewal_2021
    @graceojo999
    If you need a week off or whatever, that's fine - just let me know.

Thanks!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    My day was nearly perfect, but I resisted a lot of temptations so I'm very happy with it. Tomorrow I will intentionally exercise as well so I'm getting back on track. Hoping for a decent weigh in tomorrow, should be getting back closer to that first goal weight of 190.
  • graceojo999
    graceojo999 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Grace...I am a pharmacist and currently in the final year of my PhD. I live with my sister in Nottingham. Lockdown and everything that came with it took a toll on my weight by shifting my set point by around 10kg.

PW 95.65
    CW 95.65

I have moved away from keto and I am trying to stabilize on calorie counting. I have also changed my scale. This week I am just going to be as consistent as possible and move more.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Hi and happy June 1st! Today is my daughter's birthday so that is exciting. We had her party a few days ago up at the lake. We were supposed to be at the lake today but my youngest woke up with tummy trouble. By noon he was back to normal so maybe something he ate.

Today was good for food and calories. The food I struggle with the most would be chips of any kind. I have gotten into a bad cycle with them lately. Yesterday I had no chips and today just a portion for lunch. I will not be eliminating them but I need to find better balance. Trying to squeeze in more fruits and veggies instead of chips.

Today I did an hour on my pilates reformer. After dinner the whole family went for a short 30 minute hike on the logging roads behind our house. My poor old dog can't hear well and didn't hear the warning calls from a mother turkey. He got too close to her nest and she pounced on him. He didn't seem to care much and I wonder how often this happens to him 🤔. We have had lots of animal activity lately. A cougar trying to pull a deer he just caught through the woods. A big beautiful bull moose passing by. One side of our house is partially in the ground. Our living room windows are at ground level and at 5 am the sun shines on them and they have a mirror finish. The turkeys keep coming to the window and puffing up. Then they try and fight their reflection. Such a pain to have to wake up to them pecking the windows!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    @DD265 I don't do much of the meat cooking in our family so I don't have many marinades to mention but it sure does elevate a salad if you find the right ones. We use meal kits quite often and I'm always amazed at the flavors and techniques that they come up with that I'd never do myself. Some of the ways they get us to cook the meat are just so flavorful! I never seem to replicate any of that when I'm cooking without the kit though.. go figure:)

@PlaneMonkey definitely can appreciate how it's not as exciting to make and enjoy veggie dishes that your partner can't partake in but hopefully what it adds for you can be worth it

It's quite hot (for where we live) this week so I need to plan ahead to shift my outdoor walking to early or late in the day.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Heads up Wednesday people!

@PlaneMonkey
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @Pearl4686
    @MoStacy

Overdue, but still appreciated :blush:
    @renewal_2021
    @graceojo999
    If you need a week off or whatever, that's fine - just let me know.

Thanks!

@jugar I have changed to Friday weigh-ins.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods I'm jealous of your animal encounters! I love nature/wildlife.

Today is a high risk day for my plan. Kirk is in surgery right now - I can phone in just over 3 hours to find out how it went and if he can come home today. I know he had the surgery last year and it went well, and we have an excellent vet, but I am still very worried. Worried = risk of comfort eating with zero portion control.

I've pre-tracked what I know I'm eating; bought a sandwich for lunch and have a recipe I really enjoy for tea. We've got well over a kg of chocolate in the house (and that's not entirely my fault!), so I don't need to panic buy any, we've plenty of crisps so same again. I find when I shop for snacks when I'm stressed, portion control goes out of the window, but if it's already in the house, it's easier to be rational and weigh it out.

I'm going to get some fresh air at lunch to help calm me - might sit in the garden rather than go for a walk though as I've already missed 2 hours of work today! - and I'll kick off the breathing app on my watch in a moment, then I need to try and focus on work.
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

@conleywoods
    Your turkey story cracks me up - we had a large flock hanging around a few years ago, and we had to stop washing the car and truck. Not only stop washing them, but actively making them as dusty and dull as possible. The male turkeys would stand in front of the door and gobble constantly, all puffed up and magnificent, to show that reflection who was boss. It drove us crazy - and the droppings situation was even worse! Luckily, the foxes helped them decide to move on. June is moose month here too - we usually see the young males wandering about looking kind of lost and confused after mom kicks them out when the new one is born. They are hilarious. They don't really know where to go yet, so they just walk up and down, browse a bit, stand around a lot, and leave gigantic footprints in any garden without a fence.

Some days I feel like those moose! Not sure what to do next. So, as my (sometimes) wise taller half says - when you don't know which thing to do, do anything. I'm off to do something - have a great day!
  • MoStacy
    MoStacy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am hoping you can register me.🙏 Looking forward to maintaining this commitment.

MFP USER NAME StacMo
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY (this can change later if you need to!) Wednesday
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT 205
    TEAM PREFERENCE (if you have one) Waistaways
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Husband has a job interview today and I'm more nervous than he is!

Three more days and I'm on vacation. Just gotta muddle through somehow.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    @Terytha @DD265 Sending good thoughts for your husband and cat today.

We are doing yogurt bowls for breakfast today.. not a normal pick for us but I have a feeling all the cold fresh fruit and the yogurt will feel like a great choice on this hot day!
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    So....admittedly I don't remember what my past weight was and my weight has been fluctuating a bit. My current weight is 222.3 - I think it's about a pound up from my past weight but unsure! June is a tough month, I take a lot of time off this month and it's also my birthday month so I expect I won't see a lot of loss but it's not going to stop me from at least being mostly responsible and up my activity a bit too :)

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I hope your Wednesday is going well. I had a sec and wanted to post my steps, @micki48.

05/30/21 = 7,938
    05/31/21 = 3,570
    06/01/21 = 7,723

Thanks much!

@evangsimmons170
This discussion has been closed.