WaistAways - June 2021 Chat

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    MoStacy wrote: »
    I am hoping you can register me.🙏 Looking forward to maintaining this commitment.
    MFP USER NAME StacMo
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY (this can change later if you need to!) Wednesday
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT 205
    TEAM PREFERENCE (if you have one) Waistaways

You are already registered! We have been waiting for you :wink:

And your username is @MoStacy , right? Not StacMo - that one does not seem to exist. Dive right in!! Since today is the week 1 weigh-in, could you give an approximation of what you weighed last Wednesday too? That would be your starting weight for this month. thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    AshenMoon wrote: »
    So....admittedly I don't remember what my past weight was and my weight has been fluctuating a bit. My current weight is 222.3 - I think it's about a pound up from my past weight but unsure! June is a tough month, I take a lot of time off this month and it's also my birthday month so I expect I won't see a lot of loss but it's not going to stop me from at least being mostly responsible and up my activity a bit too :)

You are spot on - and never worry about not knowing the previous weight, etc. As long as I get the current one and was on the ball last week, it is all there. Any time you want to look at the spreadsheet yourself to see how well you have been doing, the link is on the Fat 2 Fit home page.

Have a great month with realistic expectations, mostly responsible days, and lots of fun!
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Update: they offered him the job and it comes with a 40% raise. I'm seriously gonna cry, I'm so proud of him.

To heck with calories we're having cake tonight!

THIS is worth TWO cakes! And bubbly! :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    For once I got all of my hoped for check marks in the habit tracker done before noon!! I am feeling pretty good about today.

I bought some cherries yesterday after being inspired by @Terytha and others. They are the most tasteless, uninspiring cherries I have ever had the misfortune to put into my mouth. Like many fruits in the big grocery stores, they look lovely but have no flavour. Bleah. I did have fun passing them on, though. I put a few of them outside on the ground to see if there would be any takers. It is a beautiful day, so after some hard sweaty work, I was sitting outside with a cold beverage, reading. Along came my fave local raccoon, nicknamed Slo-Mo. It gave me a lot of entertainment eating those danged cherries. At first, it tried to get the pits out, holding each one, trying to get the cherry off the pit, putting it all back in its mouth, making ridiculous faces chewing with its mouth open and the snout sticking straight up. Then it wandered back to the sunflower seeds the squirrels had buried. It came back to the cherries a bit later and just ate them whole, pit and all! Glad someone liked them.
  • jugar
    Options
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    So I've been searching this thread for more details about this "perfect day" stuff folks keep mentioning, but I can't find the original post about it. Would some please explain what it is, or share the original post with the explanation? Thanks much! 😀
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    @Terytha Congrats to your husband and what a great bump up in pay! Definitely eat cake 🎂 😋

@DD265 I hope your kitty did well with surgery

@jugar Raccoons sound much more interesting than turkeys! We don't see raccoons very often.

https://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/103-healthy-snack-recipe-ideas

I found this great list of simple snack recipes and I wanted to share.

I still need to log for the day but I think I'm good or very close. Spent the day at the lake and did some swimming and kayaking. It is unseasonably warm and was 95 degrees F today next week it will be 68 degrees F. Big temperature swing. Loving the sun right now!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @Terytha that's great news!

Thanks for all the good wishes for Kirk. He is home, and currently sleeping next to me on the desk. The surgery went well in so much as he's fine, but they couldn't find the object on the ultrasound - and they did a scan right before operating as well. They scanned again afterwards and nothing, so they have no idea where it went. They did find out that his bladder is badly (and chronically) inflamed, which is hard to tell from an ultrasound, so I guess we can do something about that now at least - a long course of steroids once he's over the surgery. Not having a stone does mean we can't get it tested so I feel like there are more questions than answers at this stage, but there's nothing we can do about that.

On the subject of the perfect day, I've had two where I've not eaten exercise calories and it does make it easier after that first one. What's particularly impressive is that one of them was yesterday, and I know I was extremely stressed (I came out in an itchy rash on my legs), so it would've been easy to comfort eat.

I've just got to get through today and tomorrow morning, then I have my week off work. I think it's come at the perfect time - particularly with a couple of days away - so that I can rest, de-stress and recharge. I've not decided how I'll manage calories when we're away but we've not figured out what we're doing on two of the days yet, so as we plan those I can plan food as well.
  • jugar
    Options
    Great revelations today - what a wonderful morning for thought accomplishments. Eating feelings doesn't feel good. Eating well through stressful days does feel good. In fact, it feels great! I know that is hard to remember when the plate full of spaghetti is in front of your face and your brain is telling you that a carb coma is a fantastic idea, but hanging on to those words like a mantra - eating my feelings doesn't make anything better - might help counteract the evil machinations of our primitive brains. Stir in a couple of deep breaths while saying it.

Bravo @DD265 and @PlaneMonkey - thanks for sharing your thoughts :heart:

Thanks for the snack recipes @conleywoods - I love the way they are grouped by the kind of kick we want. Salty, crunchy, gooey, sweet - they have it covered.

Off horseback riding in the drizzle this morning - and hoping for some heat soon. My eggplant plants are taking over the universe in the house. I need them out stat!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86

PW 245.4
    CW 245.4
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Morning all! My two week diet break eating at maintenance is over. Overall I lost 0.4 pounds over those two weeks, so I'd say it was a success.

Back into a deficit for the next 16 weeks! Looking forward to this next stage.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @Terytha what cake did you eat?!?!? I want to live vicariously! Congrats to Hubby!

Nothing too fancy, just a very small chocolate cake from the grocery store. Surprisingly pretty decent. :)

We're under heat warnings because it's so darn hot, I went to buy fans and they were sold out everywhere. Finally got the last one at Canadian Tire. But it was still hard to sleep last night.
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    PW: 235.6
    CW: 232.4

This works!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

Well, Tuesday was certainly NOT my perfect day, but I snacked so much that there was absolutely nothing left for yesterday - which DID become my perfect kickstart day. I got yoga done pretty early, took an hour walk at lunch, got a 40 min bodyweight core workout in, and then went to my weekly outdoor Zumba class. (Some of you may recall that I was doing virtual Zumba each Wednesday evening - we have now moved to a neighbor's backyard, which has been great. Human contact!! Huzzah!)

I ate completely on target, had delicious pasta with homemade red sauce and roasted asparagus for dinner. Not even an after-dinner craving to be found. Today is luckily off to a similar start. I am actually flying to DC tonight for a long weekend with friends (my first flight since pre-covid!), so I'll do a pretty early dinner before I leave. A little worried about airport snacking, but it should be a pretty healthy weekend. (One of the friends I am staying with is a core power yoga instructor and she already signed me up for a class on Friday haha).

I am totally frustrated with the Fitbit to MFP connection - it never syncs when I need it to, and apparently MFP has said they plan to work on it through all of 2021. ugh. I decided to unlink the two completely, and I'll just do the manual math and exercise logging myself at the end of the day in MFP until they really fix it.

@YinxFed are you doing the Epic program by Caroline Girvan on youtube?? If so, ME TOO! I'm just on Day 4 today of Epic I, tried to start it early in May but weekend plans got in the way repeatedly. She is SO intense, but so smiley all the time. Loving it so far, but it's freakin tough!

@conleywoods may be hard to believe, but there is actually a very large and active turkey population in the neighborhoods of Boston! Most mornings, I wake up to gobbling outside. One day in 2019, I was walking home, and counted 19 turkeys on the lawn of an apartment complex. They don't fool around either - they'll block traffic and the above-ground subway, people and honking do not dissuade them. Frankly, they run this place.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    @Terytha CONGRATULATIONS on your husband’s new job and raise! That’s amazing and wonderful.

@KellyBgetsfit Yay for the end of the school year! Wishing you wonderful times as you gather with family to celebrate your grandfather’s life.

@DD265 Glad to hear your kitty did fine in the surgery. Hope they figure out the rest soon.

@Bowen1973 Congratulations on a great loss.

I have been checking in reading really great posts, but didn’t realize I hadn’t posted. Kept getting interrupted. The cold is all better. Had some Dr visits (routine) and my son has a video interview on Monday.

I have been logging. Did Pilates and Quigong this am. First time trying quigong. Very relaxing. I like it.

My dr yesterday told me I need to lose weight now that I’m post menopausal. 😐 I told her I’ve been trying. She said I need to to protect against heart disease. Like I don’t know that?! Any way, she asked if I was eating 1200 calories a day? I told her no. More like 1800. MFP Now has me at 1900. I’m not sure where I should be. 1200 seems to restrictive 1900 may be closer to maintenance, although I let MFP set it. ??? What daily calories do/did you give yourself (when you were in the 190s?) Just curious.

@conleywoods thanks for the snack link.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    So bummed. Had blood draw this morning. I checked my glucose when I got home-fasting. 112. It used to run around 125 so it is an improvement but I am trying to get it lower. I don’t think I ate anything I should not have. And, my weight is fluctuating up. I hope it is better tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.