Replies

• gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    CW: 245.9
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,015 Member
    gak71 wrote: »
    CW: 245.9

Big hug going out to you, Gary - you know what to do to kick that blip to the curb!

@ashleycarole86
    I'm picturing you up in the balloon already. It's going to be gorgeous!

@conleywoods
    I love your attitude - yes, you had an extra dinner and that gave you a bump in the graph, but you can celebrate that wonderful feeling of portion control, good choices, and family support. WTG!

Enjoy the rest of your Friday :heart:
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    edited June 2021
    @conleywoods He doesn't start until the end of the month, I think some training on the 23/24 and official start is June 28.

Our anniversary is the 11th. I'm looking forward to some destressing and couple time to properly kick things off for him.
  • jugar
    micki48 wrote: »
    But I know that is still not a healthy weight for me. And I keep being reminded as I’m about to turn 57 on the 8th, that I need to get my weight down and reduce belly fat to protect my post menopausal me from heart disease. Heart disease is my kryptonite (sp?). My mom, dad and sisters all had/ have it. They are also all smokers. I never have. But that is no guarantee with that family history. I also have controlled high blood pressure.

If it is any help at all, I made my big weight-loss move at age 58. I started in January and got there in October or November of that year - I can't really remember. And I have stayed in a reasonable range ever since. It will be 9 years this fall. Losing that 40 pounds got rid of high blood pressure, heart issues, and general aches and pains. It IS possible to lose belly fat after menopause. It is hard, but possible, to keep good muscle tone and metabolism burn from keeping muscles in good shape. You can do this! You have gone part of the way - now is time to do the rest.
  • jugar
    Last Call!

Please send in your weigh-ins for this week before 8 am Eastern US/Canada Sunday morning!

thanks -

@renewal_2021
    @kalaki6145
    @ellz_runs
    @healthygirlintransit
    @evangsimmons170
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @sunny9847

You can do it!!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    @conleywoods wasn't me as I don't know that they're in Canada but they look SO good!! I will keep my eye out just in case I'm wrong.

We go back home from the lake tomorrow for a couple of nights so that will again mean varying my workouts a bit more. Still haven't gotten up the courage to even THINK about attempting an Epic @YinxFed but hopefully soon ;)

I've also been attenpting to do one full push up.. I sort of can but I don't go down all the way so I'm going to keep trying. I have the strength but need to shave off more body weight first I guess. I remember long ago there is a push up type challenge where you build on it until you can do a lot of them. I look forward to getting there someday!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    [I've also been attenpting to do one full push up.. I sort of can but I don't go down all the way so I'm going to keep trying. I have the strength but need to shave off more body weight first I guess. I remember long ago there is a push up type challenge where you build on it until you can do a lot of them. I look forward to getting there someday!/quote]

@ashleycarole86 One modification might be trying wall push ups. I know it’s not the same but you are using some of the same muscles. I know push ups are very hard for me. I have very little upper body strength, plus it hurts my wrists. I find wall push ups much more doable.

Logged all my food. Calories were high but still under. We did have an afternoon ice cream treat out with my granddaughter and daughter. I got a mini vanilla cup but it was STILL 350 calories. 😳

Hope everyone is doing well today.
  • jugar
    I've also been attenpting to do one full push up.. I sort of can but I don't go down all the way so I'm going to keep trying. I have the strength but need to shave off more body weight first I guess. I remember long ago there is a push up type challenge where you build on it until you can do a lot of them. I look forward to getting there someday!

The trainer I used to work with insisted on push ups, and his method for me to get there (besides losing weight!!) was to find a way to be able to do a full push up with good form by whatever means possible. For me this was either to put my hands on a raised surface (stairs, window seat, low bench, whatever ) or to use a super band. This is a big thick rubber band that hung from a hook, bar, whatever. I then put it around my waist so that it took off some of my body weight and make a push up possible - all the way down, and all the way back up again. I gradually used lighter elastic, or lowered the anchor. At home it was a lot easier just to use an elevated surface. If you're pretty strong, a low step stool or chair lying on its back works well.

Kneeling push ups can actually be intense as well, as long as your knees are quite far back, and your core is engaged. You can do this!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    Happy Saturday 😊

I've been weighing in every day and although my weigh in yesterday wasn't great I had a drop today and am really feeling the momentum building. I am over calories today by 175. Not terrible but not what I wanted. I spent about 2 hours in the kitchen off and on around lunch and that just led to me getting into stuff I shouldn't. Made lunch for the kids and then tried to eat a small snack while I waited for my husband to finish a project. I had just worked out and was getting too hungry so I finally ate. Just as I was cleaning up my husband came in from his project. Then more cooking and I ate more food 😑 I will need to go back to my plan from last summer and just fix myself regular meals regardless of who else is ready to eat. I did an hour of pilates on the reformer today. Used the little trampoline attachment and I was definitely sweating!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    Sunday weigh in:

PW - 186.2
    CW - 185.9
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    Last Call!

Please send in your weigh-ins for this week before 8 am Eastern US/Canada Sunday morning!

thanks -

@renewal_2021
    @kalaki6145
    @ellz_runs
    @healthygirlintransit
    @evangsimmons170
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @sunny9847

You can do it!!

@evangsimmons170

PW 361
    CW 362

Thanks @jugar
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    @micki48

I don't know where I left off with my steps this week, but here's my list. Thanks for all you do.

ikuyta2bq8vo.png
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    PW 119.5
    CW 120.5
    Steps
    Sun 12,422
    Mon 12,584
    Tues 12,054
    Wed 10,242
    Thurs10,146
    Fri 10,063
    Sat 10,622

So not so good. Monday is last day of school/work. I hope that will help me get back on track. I am setting my goal for steps ata 10,000 again. I hope to have time to log my meals everytime again. Thanks for understanding.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    ajq44sv2dj6b.png
    6lcwm5rinqw4.png
    v1d2r22xfwve.png
    kld8bp86n7he.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    j0auzmurpvc7.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    f1baj5o9as9c.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @CharmingPassion 2.84 %
    2nd @Kinalau 2.74%
    3rd @laurelfit57 2.55 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @CharmingPassion 8.4 Lbs
    2nd @BRGking 7.8 Lbs
    3rd @firefly743 4.4 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @IDebraK
    @Pearl4686
    @kandi3570
    @junedave3
    @Lulu_jo
    @lennoncpa
    @Platinum1013
    @Waifer003
    @leni1us

3mg8do03pbi5.png

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    JUNE WEEK 2 CHALLENGE -- MAGIC NUMBERS
    tekdl7zrzy97.png

See below the the link to week 2 challenge. Take a look and track your numbers!!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10834759/june-week-2-challenge-magic-numbers#latest
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    Happy Sunday, Friends!

Here are my step and exercise stats for the past week.

30/05 - 9172
    31/05 - 8070
    01/06 - 10080
    02/06 - 2007 / 53m Leg workout with dumbells [Epic 1 Day 17]
    03/06 - 7956 / 54m Chest & Triceps workout [Epic 1 Day 18]
    04/06 - 4301
    05/06 - 2444 / 64m Full Body workout [Epic 1 Day 19]
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    @micki48 @jugar Thanks for the push up help! I think simultaneously working on your ideas while the weight is coming off will help me get to a full real push-up faster.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!
This discussion has been closed.