WaistAways - June 2021 Chat

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    @micki48 I'm tired just reading about your day!

@jugar safe travels tomorrow!

The morning walking routine has become a bit habitual... @bowens1973 is NOT a morning person, but I am... so getting up an hour earlier to walk works just fine for me. We still go for another walk during the day (usually together), but it helps me get more steps and it's a peaceful way to start the day.

Golf tomorrow with a friend, very much looking forward to it!

Night all.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    @ashleycarole86 I agree about the morning walk being a lovely start to the day, and great in summer as it's the coolest time of day. Shame I tend to go to bed too late to want to get up!

I did get a walk in this morning as I dropped the car off at the garage. It'll need to go back in next week as there's a delay on tyres, but they'll do the mechanical work and interim service today. Will get a walk this evening to pick it up, and I should be going for a run but I have a feeling we'll decide it's too hot.

I managed my workout yesterday with minimal shoulder pain. If anything, it was the right ('healthy') shoulder that I struggled to lock out, but there were a few niggles with the left - it's definitely improving though, as I thought it might as the workout incorporates lat stretches and shoulder mobility. What I was having issues with was wrist strength, though that's always been a challenge for me. For example one of the exercises is full plank pikes (for 2 minutes, though I'm allowed to take breaks) which is a lot on the wrists. I've looked up some wrist stretches and strengthening exercises so I'll fit those in somewhere.

My weight isn't heading in the direction I want at the moment - it's fluctuating just above the 80kg mark. I'm going to check my tracking accuracy, look at some tips for reducing water retention in case it's that, and am considering reducing my goal mid-month. I feel a bit 'less on it' than I was; there are definitely foods I'm eating because I can, rather than because I'm genuinely hungry, so I'm up at my calorie goal every day, which is making me think I may need to drop it.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    @jugar can I please be excused from this week's weigh in? I haven't had time to log or read a single post in days. This deck build is a nightmare. I'll catch up with everything next week.
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 599 Member
    @lorib642 love that non-scale victory!!
  • DD265
    Happy Thursday - this week seems to be flying by!

I have not been feeling so well; I think it's a bit of heatstroke. Car was in the garage yesterday and it's 10-15 minutes to walk each way, then I went for a 1hr30ish walk instead of a run as it was too hot. I went to bed just after 9pm, managed a couple of hours of sleep then spent the rest of the night waking up too hot, even with a fan on. Thankfully it's cooling down today (it's lovely outside, still hot in the house) and I feel a bit brighter after a walk and lunch.

I've dropped my calorie goal from 1723 to 1650 today, so I'll see where that takes me. I'm already feeling more focused. I think a big help for me would be dropping the bread at lunch time and just having cooked meats with salads or vegetables. We tend to buy fresh loaves of bread which are not sliced, and so it's easy to give yourself a bigger serving equating to 250-300 calories which is quite a big chunk of my daily allowance.

I have been looking at various lifting programmes after a search for a new personal trainer left me a bit uninspired. I'm probably going to go with Stronglifts 5x5 which has been recommended on the boards here. I will need some additional plates for it, so I will order those after pay day at the end of the month, and carry on with my physio-workout in the mean time. I won't sacrifice running for lifting, as it's so good for my mental health, however I don't want to over do it. I probably won't have an issue at the lighter weights, though I think eventually I will hit a wall and need to prioritise.
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 174 Member
    Username: Bowens1973
    PW: 230.0
    CW: 229.0
  • DD265
    @bowens1973 @Jugar recommended to me not to eat my exercise calories and I have to say, weight loss comes a lot easier when I don't. I'm not sure how accurate my Garmin is at figuring them out; I gather it's better at some exercises than others, but I've never done the maths. Occasionally I'll scoff them if I'm craving something or we're having a particularly large meal but as a general rule they go untouched.

The small loss could also be due to water retention if you've had a significant increase in movement. I'm sure the extra walking will be reflected on the scales soon :smile:
  • marsipan100
    marsipan100 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi all,
    Thank you for sharing. Working too much these days... No time for writing.

CW 130.
    Can't remember the LW.
    Was hoping to be under 130... but I need another week for that!

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    Morning all and welcome to Alberta @jugar

I played 9 holes of golf last night and had my best round of the season so far... I love the walk and noticed I didn't feel sore this morning. Love how activity is not hurting as much anymore and really enjoy playing a game I love and getting exercise at the same time.

Started the day with another morning walk.. my dog is appreciating that start too! Makes the morning watching mom and dad work at home a little bit better.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,893 Member
    This was posted on team Downsizers
    Hi all,
    I have ended on the wrong page and I am not sure this is my initial group... Anyway, I read your May post @littleflutterby and I found it very powerful. Yes, this is a non-jugemental space which we all need. I must also admit that when I looked at your photos, I thought that the 1 st one was you and the other one was your daughter. So, loosing weight doesn't only make you feel a lot better, but it makes you look younger. I hope you are doing well and staying focus!

Liselyn, Is this the page I should be writing on?
    On the weighing front
    CW 130.
    Can't remember the LW.
    Was hoping to be under 130... but I need another week for that!
This discussion has been closed.