Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 wow - what is wrong with your scale - I bet you are asking the same question. Good for you getting back on the road to exercise - I bet Aspen is loving it
    Steps 6/5 - 7976
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    @888Angie888
    That would be such a good workout. I wonder how many calories you burned.

Kind of interesting on calories burned-
    Garmin gave 1965 'activity calories' for the day and MFP 1304 'exercise calories' even though both are linked? I ate extra that day...but not that much extra😉.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,089 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 wow - what is wrong with your scale - I bet you are asking the same question. Good for you getting back on the road to exercise - I bet Aspen is loving it
    Steps 6/5 - 7976

I am not sure .... I cleaned the feet ...put new batteries in it ..place it in the same spot on the floor ....I know eating convenient food for 4 weeks did not help as I did not weigh my food ...my daughter did sometimes (bless her heart ...I must say I got lucky in that I have 2 amazing children that hardly gave me problems) now we won't talk about me as a child/or teen lol ... I also know that it has only been a week that I am back to walking ...my scale better cooperate soon or it will be out the window LOL
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,597 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    Thanks for the congrats on the weight loss, guys. I'm not used to seeing my name there, and my head literally popped back when I did. Yesterday was not a good eating day for me. My mom broke her hip two weeks ago and has been in rehab for a week, but she is too weak to do much rehab and we are almost positive she will never go home again. She has a dog that she misses terribly but we are blessed with two wonderful caregivers that are keeping the dog and they will bring it to see her at least once a week. I will probably go by and get the dog on other days, too, to cheer her up. She has dementia and called me at 6:30 this morning to say there were 4 people in her room making fun of her. Her anxiety is up. Yesterday I used food like I used to use alcohol and today I am feeling "hung-over". I am trying to ask the question "Will I feel better the next day if I eat this?" and that has helped with some compulsion but yesterday I just let loose. My mom is 89 and I know this is a necessary stage of life. We all know it is still difficult. It is POURING today so I will get my steps through a video. I hope everyone enjoys their day.

It has to be extremely difficult going through this with your Mom. It is nice of that someone is taking care of the dog and you visit. It is nice the rehab center allows the dog to visit.

I am the queen of using food to deal with feelings and have definitely woke up with a food hangover. I love the idea of asking will I feel better if I eat this. I read an interesting quote this morning. It said “food is the most abused anxiety drug. Exercise is the most underutilized antidepressant.”
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,089 Member
    Options
    It is time for my friendly reminder for people's steps I need:

@littleflutterby 5/30-6/5
    @rlaskey2 6/5
    @Z1ORtza 6/1- 6/5
    @Bluetail6 5/30- 6/5
    @red1185 6/5
    @lmf1012 6/5
    @BRGking - 6/4-6/5
    @amymartin555 6/5

Thank you everyone for your cooperation :)
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    @363days
    I wear a Fitbit and it reminds me to move if I've been sitting too long. I like that because even though I am very active throughout the day, there are some days where I sit more. So, I need reminders. My dogs are the same way. Sniff every mailbox and then leave their mark:) What short step videos do you like?

@lindamtuck2018
    The air where I live is so hot and humid. My arms get wet with sweat just walking to the mailbox. When I walk out of the house to go outside, it reminds me of walking into a steam room. That is no exaggeration! Walks usually have to be early morning or late night unless they are short walks. Stay hydrated. I wear a thin t-shirt and shorts.

Thanks @Megan_smartiepants1970 @Beautyofdreams and @lindamtuck2018 !
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    ? of the week:

The one thing that I think helps most is tracking everything that goes into my mouth. It is so, so easy to not realize how many calories one is taking in if not written down. That little bit of cream in my coffee, barbecue sauce on my chicken, ketchup, sour cream, a few bites of mashed potatoes, a few chips, a mini candy bar, etc. all adds up at the end of the day. So tracking is a habit that keeps me aware of my calorie intake and also helps me to make sure I'm getting enough protein and fiber each day.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    Sounds like a lovely day! What kind of cookies did you make? If you said already I apologize for asking again. The picture looked so good it is no wonder they disappeared.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Amazing steps! I need to do what you are doing and have a rest day. Thanks for the tips. I am ridiculous for not wearing sunscreen.

@azkunk
    I think I need to get up earlier in the day. It was brutal when I went an hour ago. I saw a crazy person out jogging.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Username : azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW:179.0
    CW: 178.8
    LTD: 28.2

I was hoping for more but a loss is a loss. I post my weekly average following along with what I do with my health coach. The past two days though the scale was 178.0, so I am hoping next week will be a bigger loss. Day 3 streak of 16hr fast and I think it might be making a difference. Weekends are usually tough for me but I have been mostly on track so far. Macros are a little off but calories are good.
  • azkunk
    Options
    @363days - congratulations on the loss. I am sorry to hear about your mom. I’m sure there is a lot of stress right now but you’ve got the right attitude and a slip or two is not the end of the world.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - my scale started acting funny and was over 5 yrs old, so I replaced it and feel more confident in the reading now
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    Sounds like a lovely day! What kind of cookies did you make? If you said already I apologize for asking again. The picture looked so good it is no wonder they disappeared.

Sugar cookies with royal icing
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    6/5 steps
  • amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It is time for my friendly reminder for people's steps I need:

@littleflutterby 5/30-6/5
    @rlaskey2 6/5
    @Z1ORtza 6/1- 6/5
    @Bluetail6 5/30- 6/5
    @red1185 6/5
    @lmf1012 6/5
    @BRGking - 6/4-6/5
    @amymartin555 6/5

Thank you everyone for your cooperation :)

• azkunk
    Options
    @Poobah1972 - I never heard of iron master ... very nice!
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 10,160

Great day celebrating my sons 8th birthday. Early soccer game, day with family and hibachi dinner with friends. Not the most active day but I ate sushi instead of hibachi because I was nervous about all the sodium. And my friend reminded me the last time we went there years ago I felt crappy after I ate it.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @azkunk
    Congrats on the loss! It’s moving in the right direction. Great job on the fasting. Mine got messed up on the weekend due to a later dinner then snack on Friday. Saturday I ate much earlier than I usually do.

@iradi8
    I need to get some shorts. Definitely going to try walking early in the morning.

@Poobah1972
    Looks like a great set. Glad it was worth the drive.

@rlaskey2
    Happy Birthday to your son!
This discussion has been closed.