Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Scale has been super stubborn. Even my weigh in this past Saturday was .6 higher than my low earlier in the week and I am up a smidge from that today. It has been like this for almost a week. I know it will work itself out but in the meantime, my graph is looking ugly lol

Got a nice walk in yesterday and an unintentional workout carrying a curl bar and weights a friend gave me upstairs to my home gym area.

Food-wise, I found a recipe for a healthier version of peach crisp that I made over the weekend and it was delicious! It uses coconut sugar and almond flour. It obviously still has calories but not nearly as much as it traditionally does. It is the first time I have had dessert since I started this lifestyle change on March 30th.

You got a nice walk in, and your doing what needs to be done. As frustrating as the scale can be your already changing your life for the better. Granted, it always feels better to see a loss, so I feel ya. Your Peach Crisp sounds delicious, also another important part the puzzle we are trying to solve. Way to work it this week! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I'm so impressed by that insanely high walk. I'm going to slowly start increasing my distance so that I can catch up to you by August ๐Ÿ˜† Thank you for sharing that you like using Leslie Sansone videos for days when you can't get outside, I saved a couple to try out. Enjoy your walk!

@rwood566
    Way to go Roger!! That was a fantastic long walk ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป over 10,200 steps ๐ŸŽ‰ Plus you had another low calorie day, filled with excellent choices. You're doing amazing ๐Ÿคฉ So... which recipes are you going to try first from America's Test Kitchen/Cooks Country?

@Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly, I read and reread your post. All that I see are your good choices that you've been making. You are doing incredible! You've been at a high activity level and eating in deficit since April ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Having four poor eating days each month: was it full days, or a couple of indulgences? How has that impacted your path? I was feeling guilty about indulgences every now and then, but then I was reminded by our amazing team here that it's ok to eat indulgences in moderation (try to plan and track them in). Their advice really helped my mindset (thank you again @rwood566 and @azkunk). I'm so sorry to hear that your July trip was canceled, I know how upsetting that is ๐Ÿค—. Look at how you retaliated against the news though, you ordered specific foods to help you stay on track AND you are going to meal prep to help you stay on your path AND you now have a new pedometer to keep track of all of your steps ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป Congratulations on smashing your step goal and getting over 12,000 steps AND drinking two liters of water ๐ŸŽ‰ You got this Beverly! You are making good choice after good choice ๐Ÿค—

@roz0810
    Looks like you had a lovely walk!

@mszoueb
    Congratulations on another loss ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป It's not surprising with all of that movement that you got in last week. Yes, sunscreen is an absolute over here. I also wear one of those UV shirts (like the ones that fisherman/women wear). I love those, it helps so much.

@poobah1972
    Way to go Johnathan with your loss ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป you've been killing it with your six lap walks (remember when you just started - now look at you!) and all of the exercise in your home gym, plus staying on your eating plan. Do a dance, you've been working hard ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป

@rlaskey2
    Another high stepper! 10,373 steps๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป that is a lot of walking and terrific exercise ๐Ÿคฉ I'm glad you had fun at the beach.

@amymartin555
    Congratulations on your loss ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป love that you are headed straight for a walk and kettlebells!

@brgking
    You still were able to get in a lot of steps while staying inside (rain, rain go away) ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป Have you tried one of the Leslie Sansone youtube videos? @Megan_smartiepants1970 mentioned it in her post.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Username: Poobah1972
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    PW: 409.4 LB
    CW: 404.2 LB
    Loss this week = 5.2 LB

----

Monday Morning!

You know guys, sometimes you gotta do what's hard to do what's right. It was 18 degree's and muggy this morning at 4:50am. It was hard out there, no two ways about it. I did my 6 laps all the same, and I don't think I set any speed records, it was tough and I was drenched. ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿ‘

If you didn't know Monday is my weigh in day, so the course includes getting into the house after my 6 laps, stripping, toweling off and weighing myself. (Yes, I use it all to my advantage MooooahAHAHAHHA). ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

But I'll give you the bad new's first... Or maybe it's not? I just don't get it anymore.

Blood Ketones 2.4 (Great)
    Blood Glucose 191 mg/dl / 10.6 mmol/L (NOT GOOD AT ALL) ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ซ
    GKI 4.42 (Good)

No idea what the really high blood sugar means this morning? Can I even trust that reading? I feel fine, energy is good. So, I guess I just keep going, like the energizer bunny? ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿ‡

And for the good news....

I"M DOWN 5.2 POUNDS THIS MORNING!!! BOOOOoooooyyYYYaaaAAHHHHH! Oh yeah... Oh yeah!!! Go ME!!! ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘

So that puts me at 404.2.... Only 4.2 pounds away from me having to climb on that Elliptical and see what kind of torture device it truly is? OH yeah, it gets me hot just thinking about it. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ

Have an amazing week Boy and Girls! And remember some days it's just going to be hard, and that's perfectly okay! ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™ƒ

P.s. Back and Biceps after work tonight! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿค—

yj09kpkw5bsd.png

Great work. Keep it up!! ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I overslept, one of my kidabunks didn't sleep well last night so when the light pierced through my eyelids (graphic yes) I knew it was late. My daughter has an appointment for her braces in the midmorning, so I'm going to swap my day around and exercise in the afternoon and do chores in the morning. I'm planning on trying one of those Leslie Sansone walking videos, getting in a bike ride and a bit of strength training.

Thank you everyone for posting what you are going through. I used to feel defeated if I didn't hit a goal, now I see that progress is progress (like Linda's turtle said) and even if I didn't reach my goal that time/day, I'm closer now because I've tried. You have changed my mindset. It's healthier, it's more positive. Thanks to you, I now give myself grace to try. Thank you so much everyone! ๐Ÿค—
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    @littleflutterby
    The humidity is ridiculous right now. I went out to water my flowers at 9 pm and it was still bad. Do you have air conditioning? How do you find Noom for logging? I have tried it twice now and found it hard to use the diary. Congrats on reaching the 280โ€™s. Those new decades feel great.

@amymartin555
    Congrats on the loss! Amazing step count! How nice you got to see your daughter. Thatโ€™s a big win not stopping for fast food.

@TheresaM787
    Great steps and back at the bike. Give yourself a day or two to get your speed back up. I might have to consider reducing my sleep goal to get the early morning walk in. Either that or start trying walking videos.

@rwood566
    Nice long walk!

@Beverly2Hansen
    Great job with the groceries. Is there any snacks you can get for your daughter that you donโ€™t like? I donโ€™t have to deal with snacks and kids so I am lucky that way. Maybe you can make a list of the reasons you want to lose weight that donโ€™t involve a timed event. Things like health, playing with grandkids.

@mszoueb
    Wow! Great loss! You did lots of moving in spite of the heatwave. I still havenโ€™t tried the pizza recipe but itโ€™s a great idea instead of take out the next time my grandkids come over.

@Poobah1972
    Congrats! Thatโ€™s a fantastic loss! Great burn this morning. Did you still fast yesterday? I am curious if you bump up your calories the rest of the week.

@rlaskey2
    Beach days are so much fun! I am sure you got lots of exercise at the beach.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Welcome to our newest team motivator!
    @Poobah1972 aka Jonathan

Thank you for putting your faith in me and offering me the invitation... I'll do my best to keep the good vibes flowing. :smiley:

Also if anyone has a cheat sheet with everyone's first name? I'd appreciate it. lol ๐Ÿ˜†

If you look at the spreadsheet, I add first names as people introduce themselves.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u_2q-myH9uzKKh0vNlxr7aEST6GdxYOS78VaH5vglfU/edit?usp=sharing

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972 congrats on becoming team motivator. Great loss again. Almost at a new century. Pretty soon you will be running one of your laps.

@TheresaM787 we've had the books for a while. We dust them off every few months. I have overnight steel cut oats waiting for the family to wake up. First time trying this recipe.

@red1185 nice steps. Scales do tend to pretend they are measuring earthquakes. Evil little creatures. Enjoy the rain, even if you don't go out in it. Grab some tea, a nice book and relax on the porch to the sound. Have a wonderful time at the beach next weekend.

@Beverly2Hansen excellent work since April. Way to take the cancellation and turn it around with the grocery order.

@lmf1012 nice steps. Would you be willing to share the peach crisp? I've been wanting some for a month now but have been wary of the calories. Enjoy the new equipment.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I overslept, one of my kidabunks didn't sleep well last night so when the light pierced through my eyelids (graphic yes) I knew it was late. My daughter has an appointment for her braces in the midmorning, so I'm going to swap my day around and exercise in the afternoon and do chores in the morning. I'm planning on trying one of those Leslie Sansone walking videos, getting in a bike ride and a bit of strength training.

Thank you everyone for posting what you are going through. I used to feel defeated if I didn't hit a goal, now I see that progress is progress (like Linda's turtle said) and even if I didn't reach my goal that time/day, I'm closer now because I've tried. You have changed my mindset. It's healthier, it's more positive. Thanks to you, I now give myself grace to try. Thank you so much everyone! ๐Ÿค—

Love that you are changing your day around to get your exercise done. You are one of the most positive people I have met and you always know how to say the right things. Thank you for being a great motivator.
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Congrats! Thatโ€™s a fantastic loss! Great burn this morning. Did you still fast yesterday? I am curious if you bump up your calories the rest of the week.

Definitely, not even a crumb for a mouse yesterday. And the day went more or less pretty good, not to many bouts of hunger. some Sundays are worse then others. Will say we were both done, by the time we were done unpacking the weights, tearing down the boxes for recycling, and putting the stand together. We both slept like logs in fact which is always nice. lol

I have been increasing my calories a bit on Saturdays post workout day 1900-2200 calories to feed the legs... And I've noticed my calories have crept up a smidge on work out days... But not to much as of yet. Were talking from 1600 + or - to 1700 area.

• Poobah1972
    Options
    @rwood566

Thank you... Much appreciated. It was tough out there this morning, but one day... It's just a matter of time right? :smiley:
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our newest team motivator!
    @Poobah1972 aka Jonathan

Thank you for putting your faith in me and offering me the invitation... I'll do my best to keep the good vibes flowing. :smiley:

Also if anyone has a cheat sheet with everyone's first name? I'd appreciate it. lol ๐Ÿ˜†

If you look at the spreadsheet, I add first names as people introduce themselves.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u_2q-myH9uzKKh0vNlxr7aEST6GdxYOS78VaH5vglfU/edit?usp=sharing

I'm Laura! I did include my name in my introduction, but it must be crazy to try to keep up with everything in this very active group. Will you please add my first name to the spreadsheet?
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    @Aqualang26 - Hi Laura! :)

@Tazaria87 - Great work staying active, sounds like a beautiful night in your neck of the woods Ashley! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.