Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: Β»
    Username : azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW:179.0
    CW: 178.8
    LTD: 28.2

I was hoping for more but a loss is a loss. I post my weekly average following along with what I do with my health coach. The past two days though the scale was 178.0, so I am hoping next week will be a bigger loss. Day 3 streak of 16hr fast and I think it might be making a difference. Weekends are usually tough for me but I have been mostly on track so far. Macros are a little off but calories are good.

I bet it's definitely 178 and your next week average will be impressive!

Congrats on your 16:8 IF window. How are you feeling?

I've definitely found that macros can be trickier to hit on IF because you dont have as many opportunities to tweak them. You might want to consider pre-logging to tweak before you prepare, even if just for a little while to get a better handle on what your macros should look like in only two meals.

I still struggle with hitting my macros every day. It's hard.
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 re: heat and humidity: I also live in a turned up steam room like @iradi8 It's lovely and lush but summer's are brutal. The humidity holds the heat in the air so early morning and late night are barely better. Honestly, I've cut walk time down by 75%. Rather than 1.5 walk, we do two 20-minute walks. We do have a pool, so sometimes we get our suits on before walking so we can get in right after and that reward keeps me going longer but I also have to be mindful of the baby overheating. Really, when it's this humid, I should just use the air conditioned gym. Idk if that's an option for you.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,530 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 re: heat and humidity: I also live in a turned up steam room like @iradi8 It's lovely and lush but summer's are brutal. The humidity holds the heat in the air so early morning and late night are barely better. Honestly, I've cut walk time down by 75%. Rather than 1.5 walk, we do two 20-minute walks. We do have a pool, so sometimes we get our suits on before walking so we can get in right after and that reward keeps me going longer but I also have to be mindful of the baby overheating. Really, when it's this humid, I should just use the air conditioned gym. Idk if that's an option for you.

We are still in lockdown. Restrictions are starting to be eased June 14th but it’s along way off before gyms open.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @rwood566
    I used to love watching those two shows. They get so technical, love that! Libby (the free library app) has their e-magazines that you can borrow.

@lindamtuck2018
    Well done, four for four πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» That's a great idea, a walk to Tim Hortons and a nice ride home with Garry. Look at all of your steps even before your walk for tea!
    I walk either early (not 5:30 early, closer to 7:00) in the morning or after the sun goes down. It gets really hot and humid around 9AM and stays that way until sunset. @363days mentioned that she walks to step videos, that may be a nice change to get out of the heat. I love the little turtle motivation- I used that on my walk this morning, I started slowing down and then remembered your message "Your speed doesn't matter. Forward is forward." Thank you Linda, that was perfect timingπŸ€—

@Tazaria87
    Nice job getting all of those βœ…s πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Of course your beautiful cookies went fast, they were so adorable! It sounds like you had a nice day together.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Are you kidding me?!? 30,820 steps?!? Not 20,820 - which would be absolutely incredible. THIRTY THOUSAND, EIGHT HUNDRED AND TWENTY STEPS πŸ€£πŸ€©πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Is that a new personal best? Wow!! Sitting stunned over hereπŸ˜²πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»

@Beautyofdreams
    Congratulations on your loss πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» fantastic work!

@363days
    Congratulations again on being Top 3! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Thank you, that helps. What are your favorite step videos? Wow, terrific step day πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»! I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I can't imagine how challenging this is for you. I'm glad that she has you and the care givers to give her comfort and bring her dog for visits. You are handling this so well, and then to even go as far as to question your food choices before eating. You're a strong woman. πŸ€—

@888Angie888
    Excellent step day for you tooπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

@iradi8
    That's so true! I agree, tracking is key. If I don't track, then I lose track. I forget about the scoop of this, smear of that. Congratulations on being Top 3!πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

@azkunk
    Congratulations on your loss! You're doing amazing πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» and it looks like you're doing really well with IF (2 for 2-days; woo hoo).

@Z10Rtza and @lmf1012
    Way to go with your high steps! You both are doing fantastic πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

@Poobah1972
    Whew πŸ˜… glad that it truly was NIB and that you are loving them. It sounds like they truly make a difference 🀩

@rlaskey2
    Absolutely incredible amount of steps! Happy 8th birthday to your son πŸŽ‰ It sounds like you had a lovely day. Now that is a terrific idea, sticking to the sushi instead of going for hibachi.

@littleflutterby
    You had a great list of steps πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» I'm sorry to hear about both your back and your wife's back, that sounds so painful. I hope you have relief soon. Congratulations on entering the 280s!! I'm so happy for you. How are you enjoying Noom? I only did the two week trial. Keep going, you're doing spectacular 🀩

@amymartin555
    Wow, look at that phenomenal amount of steps - 15,729πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»!! Amy, that's a huge jump from 10,000. I'm so happy for you πŸ˜ƒ You showed some serious self control not stopping for fast food, especially on long car trips. Amy, you waited πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» until you got home to fix something to eatπŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»

πŸŽ‰Congratulations to our Top 3 of the Week πŸŽ‰
    @BRGking
    @iradi8
    @363days

πŸ™ŒπŸ»Congratulations to all who have tracked their food, added movement/exercise to their day, chose something healthy, worked to hit their goals, showed up to get healthy πŸ™ŒπŸ»
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Bike- 30 minutes, 8 miles πŸ‘Ž it took an extra two minutes
    Steps- 10,000 βœ…
    Seltzer- 8 cups πŸ‘Ž only five cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank βœ…
    Under calorie budget βœ…

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike 32 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 15,100

I went on my longest walk so far, 4.3 miles. I realized that I need to get out earlier, it's getting way too hot to be walking past 9AM. I'm passing out as I'm typing, I had so much to say, but all I can think of typing right now is "nighty night".
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,294 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @TheresaM787 no ma'am not kidding you .....That is my personal best everrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ;)

As for walking dvd's I absolutely love Leslie Sansone... I used those a lot ..I still do when something comes up and we aren't able to get out and walk
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Bike- 30 minutes, 8 miles πŸ‘Ž it took an extra two minutes
    Steps- 10,000 βœ…
    Seltzer- 8 cups πŸ‘Ž only five cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank βœ…
    Under calorie budget βœ…

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike 32 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 15,100

I went on my longest walk so far, 4.3 miles. I realized that I need to get out earlier, it's getting way too hot to be walking past 9AM. I'm passing out as I'm typing, I had so much to say, but all I can think of typing right now is "nighty night".

Great steps 21,500 :)
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    6th June
    Steps: 4325
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Well done for your steps. that's amazing work!
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: Β»
    Thanks for the congrats on the weight loss, guys. I'm not used to seeing my name there, and my head literally popped back when I did. Yesterday was not a good eating day for me. My mom broke her hip two weeks ago and has been in rehab for a week, but she is too weak to do much rehab and we are almost positive she will never go home again. She has a dog that she misses terribly but we are blessed with two wonderful caregivers that are keeping the dog and they will bring it to see her at least once a week. I will probably go by and get the dog on other days, too, to cheer her up. She has dementia and called me at 6:30 this morning to say there were 4 people in her room making fun of her. Her anxiety is up. Yesterday I used food like I used to use alcohol and today I am feeling "hung-over". I am trying to ask the question "Will I feel better the next day if I eat this?" and that has helped with some compulsion but yesterday I just let loose. My mom is 89 and I know this is a necessary stage of life. We all know it is still difficult. It is POURING today so I will get my steps through a video. I hope everyone enjoys their day.

When my father who I am a care taker for broke his wrist and cracked his knee 2 years ago it absolutly emotionally wrecked me for the majority of the bone mending time. I was fortunate I didn't gain a bunch of weight but I relate to what you're going through and if you need to talk my inbox is always open. I felt like because I left a stool where he could use it it was my fault and I worried I'd witness his permanent decline as a result. Luckily I was just worried and stressed out. Reading your post definitely reminds me of that very difficult time. Just know you'll both get through this and you're doing the right thing.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @Amymartin555 A loss is a loss, and feels oh so much better then those bad days where we.... gain (shhhhh). Way to go! πŸ˜ƒ
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I am off to go for our walk ... I will catch up later .... Have a wonderful day you all :)
This discussion has been closed.