Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 dedication or obsession. Such a fine line between and only one side is good. Happy soon to be birthday. You are 2 weeks or so older than me. Now I may start calling you the old one if I can remember it. Lol.

Went to an asian supermarket. That place is dangerous for me. So many new things to try. After that I shared a burger with daughter and then went to a gameroom. Had some fun but it's so loud now. Guess I have old man ears now.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,276 Member
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Just got back from a 4 hour walk ... just shy of 10 miles ...9.85 miles and 1308 burn .... I feel great other than my foot and 1 of my hips ...time to soak my feet in epson salt ...my foot is a bit swollen

You baffle me... Plain and simple. Just promise me to take really good care of your self Megan! :)

Why do I baffle you?? I have finally learned to listen to my body ... I took yesterday off and slept most of the afternoon away .... I wasn't planning on doing almost 10 miles today ... We just start walking and walking and walking (I don't look at my phone or my fitbit when I am on our walks)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,528 Member
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 17,991

Finally started by new work out program on beachbody called 9 week control freak. It requires a door track for for bands. I bought a small thing that does the same thing on amazon. Day 1 was pretty good need to get used to the new routine.

I felt like I accomplished a good bit yesterday and was able to take a walk in the afternoon with my friend since heat finally broke. Dinner was zucchini boats with chicken sausage.

I just googled the workout and it sounds intense.

red1185 wrote: »
    75 minutes (nearly 3.5 miles) on the treadmill! I’m tired lol

Have a great day everybody!

That’s along time! Great job!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Ok what I did not do today is meet my sleep goal but I knew that because I had to pick my son from work early morning. He works 3rd. I did not do my jumps, smart hoop or kettlebells.

What I did do was........challenge myself to beat my highest step count and I did it!

40,000 steps!!!!!!

Now I am going to sit for the rest of the day as I can't move.

That is insane! I barely get more than that in week! Awesome job!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Just got back from a 4 hour walk ... just shy of 10 miles ...9.85 miles and 1308 burn .... I feel great other than my foot and 1 of my hips ...time to soak my feet in epson salt ...my foot is a bit swollen

You baffle me... Plain and simple. Just promise me to take really good care of your self Megan! :)

Why do I baffle you?? I have finally learned to listen to my body ... I took yesterday off and slept most of the afternoon away .... I wasn't planning on doing almost 10 miles today ... We just start walking and walking and walking (I don't look at my phone or my fitbit when I am on our walks)

Ahaha.. I'm just astounding by the amount of walking you've been doing. I sort of see the rubber from your shoes melting, and your toes starting to stick out the end? :smiley:
  • amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ok what I did not do today is meet my sleep goal but I knew that because I had to pick my son from work early morning. He works 3rd. I did not do my jumps, smart hoop or kettlebells.

What I did do was........challenge myself to beat my highest step count and I did it!

40,000 steps!!!!!!

That is insane! I barely get more than that in week! Awesome job!

Thanks! I don't think I will be doing it again any time soon but I thought I would try today. Now my legs and feet hurt do bad I can barely walk anywhere. Hopefully tomorrow i can still get 10,000.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Skin grafts will be continuing into July. Rats! Now I have to shuffle around some appointments to accommodate the skin grafts. Will be starting next week with leg day as I have to stay off my feet completely for 2 days after each graft. At least I will be fresh next week. Didn't sleep at all last night and have been blinking since 3 pm.

@lindamtuck2018 I am older than you. I will be 58 y.o. this Fall. If it is any comfort, my slowest period of weight loss occurred over the 3 months of last Summer. Just think we tend to hold onto water weight easier in the hot months. Just keep on being consistent and eventually you will see progress.
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options

40,000 steps!!!!!!

How many miles was it and how long did it take you? I tried for 25,000 but it was over 10miles and took hours just to manage 23,000 my PR I do believe. I don't know my hips have 40,000 steps in a day but I'd sure like to build up to that.
  • amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

40,000 steps!!!!!!

How many miles was it and how long did it take you? I tried for 25,000 but it was over 10miles and took hours just to manage 23,000 my PR I do believe. I don't know my hips have 40,000 steps in a day but I'd sure like to build up to that.

Hi! My fitbit say it is 15.7 miles. It took me all day. I basically just watched a bunch of YouTube videos and just walked. I did some speed walking as well as slow walking. It is not something I can do everyday as I would get nothing done but I decided I wanted the challenge just to see if I could do it.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    10th June
    Steps 6,337
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps- 10,000 ✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups ❌ 5 cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank ✅
    Under calorie budget ✅

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps- 18,300

Woo hoo! I woke up early, enjoyed morning coffee while reading about your amazing accomplishments, and went on a 5 mile walk. Had a terrific day with the kids, they made squeeze bottle pancakes with chocolate chips. Donated three bags of children’s clothes and toys, dropped off a fourth bag to a friend of my son’s. After dinner, had my son come with me for a 3 mile walk. On the way back. We stopped off to see the parrots. While he was dancing with the parrots, I checked my watch tio pause our walk, and notice my battery died. My son said that he knew and j knew that we went for a walk, it doesn’t matter if the watch didn’t get the right number. I was going to counter that I wanted the credit, when I realized what type of message I would be sending to my child 🤦🏻‍♀️ I just smiled and told him that he’s right.

Awesome step day! Kids say the right things.
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    SW: 194 (9/1/20)
    PW: 140 (6/3/21), I think
    CW: 137

Fantastic loss! You did that while dealing with all the stress of renovations and eating away from home. Amazing’
  • BRGking
    BRGking Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    6/10
    Steps- 11,100 + swimming 30 minutes
This discussion has been closed.