Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,590 Member
    Options
    My steps today were 15680.... resuming to walking early in the morning hoping for 9 miles :)

Awesome step!

rwood566 wrote: »
    @tazaria87 if your lawn looks like those cookies it's amazing. You seem to do everything exceptionally.

@theresam787 it looks like you handled all the company rather well. You deserve a reward. A lovely walk along a trail on national trail day. It's also national black bear day but I hope you don't meet any of those.

To those who mysteriously gained this week, IT'S ONLY A NUMBER. IT'S HOW WELL YOU FEEL. YOU ALL ROCK.

Check in for 6/4:
    Steps - 2461 plus 2 miles in 7 minutes on a bike. Moderate effort. 17mph. Stayed inside otherwise.
    Calories - 1470 or so. Juicy watermelon for dessert.
    Exercise - gym. 6 machines, mainly legs. Bike. Rubber legs had me stop early.

Eating bfast out tomorrow. Black bear diner. Probably take tomorrow off or just an easy walk.

Great job on the exercise! Yesterday was donut day but I ate no donuts. Gave my grandkids one instead. Enjoy your breakfast!

I had been extremely depressed for the past month with the skin grafts and lack of exercise. While I did gain weight, my measurements didn’t change and my clothes all fit. So time to get over this fear and do what I can control. Dr. expects the skin grafts will be finished by July. I hope so and can hardly wait to get back to weighted lower body exercises and walking. Transplant tells me to continue wearing a mask and social distancing though restrictions were lifted. Get to see them for my first two year visit this month. Will be complaining about the fact that no one wants to manage my low cortisol levels despite the fact that I can’t get into an Endocrinologist for months.
    Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

It has to be incredibly hard to stop all the exercise you were doing. Good luck with your visit.

roz0810 wrote: »
    4th june
    Steps 5,885
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Treadmill has arrived woop woop. Did a little test walk on it yesterday and it feels great. Will do my usual dog walking this morning for my friends dog and then get on the treadmill 😊

Yay! Can’t wait to hear how it goes on the treadmill today.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited June 2021
    Options
    ciosfi4wd9ep.png

Overdue
    @Bluetail6 (not sure if you want to be excused)

Saturday
    @Tazaria87
    @red1185
    @lmf1012
    @Beverly2Hansen

Sunday
    @azkunk
    @Beautyofdreams
    @TheresaM787

• amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My steps today were 15680.... resuming to walking early in the morning hoping for 9 miles :)

Good job getting those steps in! I like to get my steps in early in the morning also.
  • amymartin555
    Options
    June 4th
    My step count was 22,770. I didnt do my jumps and my knees have thanked me. I did stay under calorie goal. I cant wait to be able to get in my pool. I like to do exercises in there as it is easier on me. Like jumping Jack's dont hurt my knees in the water as much as out of it.
    I am still figuring out how to respond to questions on here. I need to know how to respond to specific people's post . Like how to tag someone I think. I am not great with technology lol.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Super Saturday Morning Everyone!

No spectacular plans on tap for me today.... Other than grocery shopping and taking my son to get his first Covid Shot, it's pretty much just feed my legs day and take it easy.

I'm going to eat a good bit more than usual just like last Saturday. The way I see it, is the "leg factory", just hired a bunch of new workers to flood the "leg factory floor", and they all trying to make repairs on the Leg assembly line, however they need parts to facilitate repairs and it's my job to get them the parts they so need otherwise the whole factory may need to shut down, until said parts arrive. 😁😀😉

So, serving up parts is what I'm up to today, and while I'm at it, no exercise. I don't want to accidently hurt any of the workers while making said repairs. Happy work force, generally means quality work after all.

Down the factory feed hole this morning...

Keto Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Waffle Breakfast Sandwich with Keto Maple Syrup, 2 Eggs easy over, 2 bacon, 10 Grams butter.... Hot diggity that was more delicious than I expected. Meanwhile the Factory workers roar in a triumphant cheer as the Parts hit the Factory Floor​!!!

1en5kf2wko7w.jpg

Have a Super Saturday Everyone! 😄 And be sure to treat your Factories workers right! 👍😎

P.s. it's not as bad as it looks... 650 calories all in only 2% net carbs. Just 150-200 calories more then my usual breakfasts. :)

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    June 4th
    My step count was 22,770. I didnt do my jumps and my knees have thanked me. I did stay under calorie goal. I cant wait to be able to get in my pool. I like to do exercises in there as it is easier on me. Like jumping Jack's dont hurt my knees in the water as much as out of it.
    I am still figuring out how to respond to questions on here. I need to know how to respond to specific people's post . Like how to tag someone I think. I am not great with technology lol.

To respond to someone you can use the quote button at bottom of the person’s post. To tag someone put the @ in front of their username. eg. @amymartin555

I love using the pool. I find it easier to do jumping jacks as well as squats and lunges. When will your pool be opened? There is a pool in our building but COVID restrictions do not allow it to be opened.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @roz0810 that is so nice of you to walk the neighbor's dog! enjoy the treadmill!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @jimboden3
    You and Theresa are so right. My grandkids stayed overnight. We bought a cupcake to have today and we are having brunch. Granddaughter wanted to try a new recipe. I am slightly over on calories for the day but it all evens out through the week. Time with them is precious so I am going to enjoy and not get uptight about the calories.

You must be incredibly profundity of your son. Congratulations to him! 🎉

@lmf1012
    Nice loss!

@amymartin555
    I was just telling my hubby that I have to start getting up early and doing my walk first thing. It is going to be very hot and humid so I don’t want to be walking in that.

@Poobah1972
    Love your description of those leg muscles repairing. That breakfast sandwich looks amazing.

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @jimboden3 Oh, My! What a tough temptation you have! Your son is a fine young man!
    @Poobah1972 Have a great day and I hope your son's shot goes well with no side effects!
    @amymartin555 I had to ask a million questions when I first started. Good thing there are people with a million answers.
    @lindamtuck2018 Wow, that had to be a cheery surprise with the scale down after pizza. Great job in not letting your trigger food, "trigger" you!
  • amymartin555
    Options
    June 4th

To respond to someone you can use the quote button at bottom of the person’s post. To tag someone put the @ in front of their username. eg. @amymartin555

I love using the pool. I find it easier to do jumping jacks as well as squats and lunges. When will your pool be opened? There is a pool in our building but COVID restrictions do not allow it to be opened.

Thank you linda! I knew about the quote button but not the other. And my pool is my personal above ground pool. We had to totally drain and clean it this year and are in the process of filling it up. We have well water out here so we have let the pump rest every couple of hours. It takes days to fill.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams - I am so sorry that you are going through this setback. You are strong and will get through this.

@lindamtuck2018 - you are on fire girl 🔥

@jimbden3- Krispy Kreme donuts are my ultimate favorite 🤤🤤🤤 I could not resist them and it’s not possible for me to eat just one ... they just melt in your mouth 🤤 Maybe the temptations would lessen if they are often available

@Poobah1972 - that looks AMAZING but would be over half of my calories for the day. Us shorties only get 1200 calories 😱

• Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    @tazaria87 if your lawn looks like those cookies it's amazing. You seem to do everything exceptionally.

Thank you! That compliment totally made my morning
  • amymartin555
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    @jimboden3 Oh, My! What a tough temptation you have! Your son is a fine young man!
    @Poobah1972 Have a great day and I hope your son's shot goes well with no side effects!
    @amymartin555 I had to ask a million questions when I first started. Good thing there are people with a million answers.
    @lindamtuck2018 Wow, that had to be a cheery surprise with the scale down after pizza. Great job in not letting your trigger food, "trigger" you!

Thanks! Yes everyone has been very nice and helpful in this group.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,070 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    lmf1012 wrote: »
    lmf1012
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW: 148.8
    CW: 148

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    6/5 steps 6,946

Is the date a typo if it is not I do not have steps for the 4th ..Please confirm ..Thank you :)
This discussion has been closed.