Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,069 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: Β»
    Another IF question. The app that I am using for IF only has fasting scheduled M-F. Do you do IF everyday or take a break on weekends?

I IF everyday :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    iradi8 wrote: Β»

@Tazaria87
    You stay so busy! That is a lot of work doing those cookies. Will it be hard for you not to eat any or many? Or do you just get down to business knowing that they are for someone else?

She wanted 4 dozen so I made 4 dozen. Since I treat it like she "ordered" 4 dozen (even though she isn't paying me) there aren't any extra to eat =] Also I'm really particular about there being the same amount of cookies per design so one can't just 'disappear' haha. In this case there are 6 designs, 8 cookies each!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I made it 16 hours again today 😁 The scale headed in the right direction and I stopped to get my daughter started me fiber one bars before her 5 hour long dance rehearsal today and when I rung it up it immediately spit out a receipt as paid. Gotta love digital coupons!

My good mood triggered a pay it forward moment and I paid for the car behind me a Starbucks. @littleflutterby - I have always wondered, do Starbucks workers like when you get a chain reaction of cars paying for the car behind or do you hate it? Does it cause a lot of having to explain and does that cause delay? I’m just curious as to the impact on the workers. Of course I even gave the max tip just to my barista

Good job... What is your overall impression so far? :smiley:
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Another IF question. The app that I am using for IF only has fasting scheduled M-F. Do you do IF everyday or take a break on weekends?

Everyday for me
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Steps- 10,000 βœ…
    Seltzer- 8 cups πŸ‘Ž only six cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank βœ…
    Under calorie budget βœ…

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 12,200

Last day of staycation with extended family. Tomorrow, we rise, help pack and say our goodbyes. My goal is pretty ambitious. Wake up, coffee, walk, shower, help pack and say our goodbyes. I honestly don't know if I'll get in a walk, and if I do, it's probably going to be super short. I've already talked to myself (yes, I do that a lot, and yes, I do answer myself). If there isn't time for a walk, there isn't time. If I don't hit my step goal, I don't hit it. I get so wrapped up in these goals, I forget that its to make me healthy, not neurotic.

I'm looking forward to reading everyone's posts. Have a great night!
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

In no way are you ever a disappointment to this team, this entire forum, or this world. You are a cheer leader, you support all those around you. You are a warrior!

Of course all that walking has shaken up your leg muscles, not to mention lower back to mid back. Your muscles are restoring to there full pre-operation glory! Nutrients are flooding them to facilitate nutrients and muscle recompositing. You know it, and we sure as heck know it. Your doing this right... To hell with the scale I say.

You my friend are a role model to me. And were all lucky to have you here.

πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

That was so beautifully said! @Megan_smartiepants1970 I second this.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87 Those cookies are beautiful and look like the work of a professional
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @azkunk thank you for your professional opinion. I always accept them. I go antsy if I don't do something for more than a couple days. I went to the gym with daughter today. She is trying to get thinner by the end of June for Disneyland trip.
    On another topic, there are insulated grocery bags that can keep cold things cold. Do you have any? If not I can send you one or two to try out. We've put ice and water bottles in them, left them in the hot car all day and still had ice 6 hours later.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    Now that is a plan! You completely set yourself up for success.

@Poobah1972
    Great job on the legs!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for answering my IF questions,

@aqualang2065 - nice loss

@Poobah1972 - nice job! As far as IF, so far, so good. If I end the week with a loss, I will e much more enthusiastic. The structure is keeping me disciplined for now

@Tazaria87 - the cookies came out great

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: Β»
    @azkunk thank you for your professional opinion. I always accept them. I go antsy if I don't do something for more than a couple days. I went to the gym with daughter today. She is trying to get thinner by the end of June for Disneyland trip.
    On another topic, there are insulated grocery bags that can keep cold things cold. Do you have any? If not I can send you one or two to try out. We've put ice and water bottles in them, left them in the hot car all day and still had ice 6 hours later.

I do have insulted bags and I pack all of the cold and frozen stuff together. There is only so much you can do on a 106 degree day. By the time you get out of the grocery store, you could have baked cookies on the dashboard. That might be a slight exaggeration but I did have a coworker once bake cookies in his car during his shift but it took the whole day. Luckily, that new grocery store is so close that I can walk but I am not in this heat. We are at the point where we won’t see a high temperature below 100 degrees before October. Soon enough the low temperature overnight won’t even get below 100 πŸ₯΅
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    The cookies look so good. You did an excellent job decorating.

@Poobah1972
    You certainly earned your weekend off! Great job!

@Aqualang26
    Nice loss!

@TheresaM787
    Love all the βœ…. You have done so well meeting your goals while have guests.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,069 Member
    Options
    My steps today were 15680.... resuming to walking early in the morning hoping for 9 miles :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @tazaria87 if your lawn looks like those cookies it's amazing. You seem to do everything exceptionally.

@theresam787 it looks like you handled all the company rather well. You deserve a reward. A lovely walk along a trail on national trail day. It's also national black bear day but I hope you don't meet any of those.

To those who mysteriously gained this week, IT'S ONLY A NUMBER. IT'S HOW WELL YOU FEEL. YOU ALL ROCK.

Check in for 6/4:
    Steps - 2461 plus 2 miles in 7 minutes on a bike. Moderate effort. 17mph. Stayed inside otherwise.
    Calories - 1470 or so. Juicy watermelon for dessert.
    Exercise - gym. 6 machines, mainly legs. Bike. Rubber legs had me stop early.

Eating bfast out tomorrow. Black bear diner. Probably take tomorrow off or just an easy walk.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    4th june
    Steps 5,885
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Treadmill has arrived woop woop. Did a little test walk on it yesterday and it feels great. Will do my usual dog walking this morning for my friends dog and then get on the treadmill 😊
This discussion has been closed.