Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @iradi8 Pardon my sense of humor... Did you Pea yourself? 😅😁

And no my knee's are pretty good, just a little stiff when I stand up from time to time, and they haven't been hurting nearly so badly in the car this last few weeks. So far so good though. I did also recently buy some nice beg freezer gel packs for the occasion if and when it's needed. Pea's unfortunately is a no fly food in my home my Son and Brother hate them, and well it's not Keto Friendly. :smile:
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    First, let's do a celebration of 49 pounds smashed! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Second, let's remind ourselves that you are supposed to be recuperating from hernia surgery AND taking it easy. Third, you easily could have taken this recovery time as an excuse to overeat and overindulge, and yet you stayed on your path (I know it wasn't always Keto, but you were recuperating and at the discretion of others around you). Please know we are all super proud of you! 🤗

@Tazaria87
    Fantastic two days 🙌🏻🙌🏻 It sounds like a busy couple of days, filled with walks and camp. You are very sweet to bake those pretty cookies for your cousin's baby shower. Show a picture, if you can. Wouldn't it be nice if we had a Rosie, like in the Jetsons to clean up our kitchen messes?

@iradi8
    I agree, if I was told I needed to give up all of my favorite foods, I would be constantly trying to find a way to sneak them back in.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    My dr. Is on vacation this week. Her replacement called and said he would rather have me skip all exercise until she gets back. After the call I went to the gym. At least my chest hasn't hurt today.

As a nurse, I have to put in my 2 cents here. I agree with the doctor that you should not be exercising with the symptoms you are currently experiencing. I know you want to not lose momentum but there could be something serious underlying and you could be taking a chance by pushing it.

Aqualang26 wrote: »
    I'm still having lots of guilt about eating, even when I'm below my calorie threshold. Idk what it's about but it sucks. I have to make myself eat to what I should be, but then I'm just convinced the scale is going to show a gain. I only weigh myself once or twice a week because I dread it.

Have you tried changing your way of thing about food and practicing mindfulness. If you focus on thinking of food as fuel that your body needs to properly function, maybe that would lessen the guilt.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,991 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    First, let's do a celebration of 49 pounds smashed! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Second, let's remind ourselves that you are supposed to be recuperating from hernia surgery AND taking it easy. Third, you easily could have taken this recovery time as an excuse to overeat and overindulge, and yet you stayed on your path (I know it wasn't always Keto, but you were recuperating and at the discretion of others around you). Please know we are all super proud of you! 🤗

@Tazaria87
    Fantastic two days 🙌🏻🙌🏻 It sounds like a busy couple of days, filled with walks and camp. You are very sweet to bake those pretty cookies for your cousin's baby shower. Show a picture, if you can. Wouldn't it be nice if we had a Rosie, like in the Jetsons to clean up our kitchen messes?

@iradi8
    I agree, if I was told I needed to give up all of my favorite foods, I would be constantly trying to find a way to sneak them back in.

You are right @TheresaM787 ...I am hard on myself .... being a purr-fectionist doesn't help either ....Thank you for your support.....Also thank you for this amazing team ...you guys/gals rock :) I feel better now that I worked out and deep cleaned parts of my house :)
  • azkunk
    Options
    @azkunk
    105g of protein for you. Do you eat a lot of Greek yogurt, eggs, chicken? I love ice cream too (well, all desserts). Have you tried Halo Top? Our grocery store had them BOGO a few weeks (or was it months😆) ago. I tried the peanut butter one and mint chocolate chip. They were really good. Now I'm constantly scouting sales for another BOGO. While I was debating which flavors to choose, a lady came up and gave me a suggestion of leaving my serving in the bowl for about ten minutes (or microwave on 30% for two minutes) to soften it. I tried it out of the container first. She was right. Leaving it on the counter for 10 minutes changed the consistency to a softer ice cream.

I did buy the chocolate halo top but it melted in the AZ heat before I got home and re-froze. It was rock hard so I tossed it. They just opened a grocery store less than half a mile from my house so I no longer have a 25 minute drive to the grocery store. I should try it again. Maybe I will try the mine
    @azkunk
    And just like that you hit 16 hours. Avoiding our favourite things is one of the toughest part of this process. I hear on not wanting to restart your windows. When you had all your blood work did they check your inflammation markers?

I’m not sure. I will look into that. I know the scale disappointed you this week but that NSV is something to celebrate. That is evidence that you heart is becoming more fit!

@Poobah1972 - you are CRUSHING it!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - do NOT apologize. You have jumped back into your old fitness routine and your body showing signs of inflammation which means an increase on the scale. It wise to take a day to rest. Also do you really thing a 6lb gain is accurate? Seems too much.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,991 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    @azkunk
    105g of protein for you. Do you eat a lot of Greek yogurt, eggs, chicken? I love ice cream too (well, all desserts). Have you tried Halo Top? Our grocery store had them BOGO a few weeks (or was it months😆) ago. I tried the peanut butter one and mint chocolate chip. They were really good. Now I'm constantly scouting sales for another BOGO. While I was debating which flavors to choose, a lady came up and gave me a suggestion of leaving my serving in the bowl for about ten minutes (or microwave on 30% for two minutes) to soften it. I tried it out of the container first. She was right. Leaving it on the counter for 10 minutes changed the consistency to a softer ice cream.

I did buy the chocolate halo top but it melted in the AZ heat before I got home and re-froze. It was rock hard so I tossed it. They just opened a grocery store less than half a mile from my house so I no longer have a 25 minute drive to the grocery store. I should try it again. Maybe I will try the mine
    @azkunk
    And just like that you hit 16 hours. Avoiding our favourite things is one of the toughest part of this process. I hear on not wanting to restart your windows. When you had all your blood work did they check your inflammation markers?

I’m not sure. I will look into that. I know the scale disappointed you this week but that NSV is something to celebrate. That is evidence that you heart is becoming more fit!

@Poobah1972 - you are CRUSHING it!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - do NOT apologize. You have jumped back into your old fitness routine and your body showing signs of inflammation which means an increase on the scale. It wise to take a day to rest. Also do you really thing a 6lb gain is accurate? Seems too much.

With all the convenient food(I was eating for 4 weeks and starting over on our walks (I am sure it wasn't more ) I just started back on Keto on May 31st
  • azkunk
    Options
    I made it 16 hours again today 😁 The scale headed in the right direction and I stopped to get my daughter started me fiber one bars before her 5 hour long dance rehearsal today and when I rung it up it immediately spit out a receipt as paid. Gotta love digital coupons!

My good mood triggered a pay it forward moment and I paid for the car behind me a Starbucks. @littleflutterby - I have always wondered, do Starbucks workers like when you get a chain reaction of cars paying for the car behind or do you hate it? Does it cause a lot of having to explain and does that cause delay? I’m just curious as to the impact on the workers. Of course I even gave the max tip just to my barista
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Hahaha. You're funny:) By the way, I don't eat the peas that I use for my knees. Now I'm rhyming.

@azkunk
    Yay! You did good:) I love the pay it forward thing. I, too, wonder how they feel about it. Now we get to find out!

@Tazaria87
    You stay so busy! That is a lot of work doing those cookies. Will it be hard for you not to eat any or many? Or do you just get down to business knowing that they are for someone else?

@Aqualang26
    As for the guilt, we need food. Is there a way to shift your thinking about it? Some foods cause fluid retention, but it's not real weight put on and it will come off. Do you look at a graph of your weights so that you can just look at the trend? My graph has crazy ups and downs, but over time it is downward.

@lindamtuck2018
    Curious to know which inflammation markers you were asking Andrea about:) My ferritin level is very high, and I was told a few years ago that based on my bloodwork, I have inflammation. The doctor talked to me about reducing stress, but I still have a lot of stress. I've been better about managing it though.

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I'm envious of the workout (not so much of the deep clean - although it's on the list for next week). That butternut squash ravioli sounds so delicious - mmmm, browned butter.

@azkunk
    Seriously, before the new grocery store, the closest one was 25 minutes away? I'm glad a new one popped up by you. No more melted ice cream. Another 16 hour day 👏🏻👏🏻 that was so nice of you to pay it forward with the stranger at Starbucks.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!!!!

Steps 6/3: 18,488
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,580 Member
    Options
    @Beverly2Hansen
    Great day! Those 50 calories will balance through your week.

@Tazaria87
    Nice two day check in! A 5k walk at the lake sounds lovely. I remember you talking about the rocks.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @azkunk
    Did you find yesterday easier than the first day! Well done! Couponing looks like so much fun in the States. I do price match though.

@iradi8
    I have rheumatoid arthritis and sjogrens. Every 3 months they check my inflammatory markers. I have joint pain and get fatigued which Andrea mentioned. I am not sure exactly what markers they check though.
  • azkunk
    Options
    @azkunk
    Did you find yesterday easier than the first day! Well done! Couponing looks like so much fun in the States. I do price match though.

It was and it wasn’t. I started my fast early (6:30) so it was tough not to snack. I got a bit hungry by 10:30 but was able to hold out

My doctor definitely said she wasn’t worried about RA (the one that said she wasn’t worried about my calcium either). I did not have a CRP or ferritin. But my ESR was great and the differential in my CBC was all normal
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @TheresaM787 It's really a bittersweet moment when they leave the nest. I'd love to take my little to an air conditioned public place, but I still don't feel comfortable risking long-term covid affects for her. Hopefully there will be a vaccine for 2 year olds and up come fall.

I've had this daily, persistent guilt for probably over a month. My diet is fine, I could maybe add some more veggies, and my loss has actually been consistent. It doesn't make any sense yet I can't shake it.

@iradi8 Yes! You totally get it on both counts. That thick humidity is just killer, and means it never really cools off late at night or early morning. You nailed those feeling with my son leaving too, probably because you're almost there too. Super proud of and excited for him, but also a little heartbroken and scared that he's on his own and so far away.
  • azkunk
    Options
    Another IF question. The app that I am using for IF only has fasting scheduled M-F. Do you do IF everyday or take a break on weekends?
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @iradi8 I definitely need to shift how I'm thinking somehow. Lately I've been trying to focus on not wanting to mess up my metabolism, that's how I get myself to eat more. My graph is actually pretty consistent. It's really not rational for me to feel this guilt, yet it's very there. I'm a little worried about it actually. Kind of hoping that just putting it out there will help.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Another IF question. The app that I am using for IF only has fasting scheduled M-F. Do you do IF everyday or take a break on weekends?

I do it everyday.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Username: piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 211.4
    CW (Current Weight): 213

The frustrating part is that yesterday i hit 209 and today I’m up 4lbs due to I don’t know - and today I felt bloated and slow and it was just overall not a great day. But we log and move on, so that’s what I’m going to do. I traveled to Vienna this evening to visit my sister before heading to Germany for the funeral of my nan, so all bets are off this week and I also need to excuse myself for next weeks weigh in and do it Sunday instead if that’s okay? I’ll be back home Saturday.

Still fine tuning my return with a few bumps in the road, but the will is there.

Isn’t the scale evil. My condolences on the passing of your Nan. With the weigh in you can skip for the week and I can carry your weight over. If you want to weigh late that’s good too. Let me know what you decide.
This discussion has been closed.