Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,530 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our newest team motivator!
    @Poobah1972 aka Jonathan

Thank you for putting your faith in me and offering me the invitation... I'll do my best to keep the good vibes flowing. :smiley:

Also if anyone has a cheat sheet with everyone's first name? I'd appreciate it. lol πŸ˜†

If you look at the spreadsheet, I add first names as people introduce themselves.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u_2q-myH9uzKKh0vNlxr7aEST6GdxYOS78VaH5vglfU/edit?usp=sharing

I'm Laura! I did include my name in my introduction, but it must be crazy to try to keep up with everything in this very active group. Will you please add my first name to the spreadsheet?

Sorry I missed it. I will add it now!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @JimBoden3 - Hang in there Jim, sorry your having to deal with all these troubling issues. Hopefully it gets sorted out in good order.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,286 Member
    Options
    Username: Poobah1972
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    PW: 409.4 LB
    CW: 404.2 LB
    Loss this week = 5.2 LB

----

Monday Morning!

You know guys, sometimes you gotta do what's hard to do what's right. It was 18 degree's and muggy this morning at 4:50am. It was hard out there, no two ways about it. I did my 6 laps all the same, and I don't think I set any speed records, it was tough and I was drenched. πŸ’¦ πŸ‘

If you didn't know Monday is my weigh in day, so the course includes getting into the house after my 6 laps, stripping, toweling off and weighing myself. (Yes, I use it all to my advantage MooooahAHAHAHHA). 😈

But I'll give you the bad new's first... Or maybe it's not? I just don't get it anymore.

Blood Ketones 2.4 (Great)
    Blood Glucose 191 mg/dl / 10.6 mmol/L (NOT GOOD AT ALL) πŸ€”πŸ˜«
    GKI 4.42 (Good)

No idea what the really high blood sugar means this morning? Can I even trust that reading? I feel fine, energy is good. So, I guess I just keep going, like the energizer bunny? πŸ₯πŸ‡

And for the good news....

I"M DOWN 5.2 POUNDS THIS MORNING!!! BOOOOoooooyyYYYaaaAAHHHHH! Oh yeah... Oh yeah!!! Go ME!!! πŸ˜„ 😎πŸ’ͺπŸ‘

So that puts me at 404.2.... Only 4.2 pounds away from me having to climb on that Elliptical and see what kind of torture device it truly is? OH yeah, it gets me hot just thinking about it. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜…πŸ€£

Have an amazing week Boy and Girls! And remember some days it's just going to be hard, and that's perfectly okay! πŸ™‚πŸ™ƒ

P.s. Back and Biceps after work tonight! πŸ’ͺπŸ€—

yj09kpkw5bsd.png
    Username: Poobah1972
    PW: 409.4 LB
    CW: 404.2 LB
    Loss this week = 5.2 LB

----

Monday Morning!

You know guys, sometimes you gotta do what's hard to do what's right. It was 18 degree's and muggy this morning at 4:50am. It was hard out there, no two ways about it. I did my 6 laps all the same, and I don't think I set any speed records, it was tough and I was drenched. πŸ’¦ πŸ‘

If you didn't know Monday is my weigh in day, so the course includes getting into the house after my 6 laps, stripping, toweling off and weighing myself. (Yes, I use it all to my advantage MooooahAHAHAHHA). 😈

But I'll give you the bad new's first... Or maybe it's not? I just don't get it anymore.

Blood Ketones 2.4 (Great)
    Blood Glucose 191 mg/dl / 10.6 mmol/L (NOT GOOD AT ALL) πŸ€”πŸ˜«
    GKI 4.42 (Good)

No idea what the really high blood sugar means this morning? Can I even trust that reading? I feel fine, energy is good. So, I guess I just keep going, like the energizer bunny? πŸ₯πŸ‡

And for the good news....

I"M DOWN 5.2 POUNDS THIS MORNING!!! BOOOOoooooyyYYYaaaAAHHHHH! Oh yeah... Oh yeah!!! Go ME!!! πŸ˜„ 😎πŸ’ͺπŸ‘

So that puts me at 404.2.... Only 4.2 pounds away from me having to climb on that Elliptical and see what kind of torture device it truly is? OH yeah, it gets me hot just thinking about it. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜…πŸ€£

Have an amazing week Boy and Girls! And remember some days it's just going to be hard, and that's perfectly okay! πŸ™‚πŸ™ƒ

P.s. Back and Biceps after work tonight! πŸ’ͺπŸ€—

yj09kpkw5bsd.png

Fantastic loss Jonathan :):):)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: Β»
    Username: mszoueb
    PW: 227.2
    CW: 225

---
    Hi all, here for Monday check in.

It was nice to see the scale this morning. I'm a little dubious on the number for multiple reasons, however, going to definitely take it! With this number, I'm currently 0.6lb away from a total loss so far of 2.5 stone (35lb).

Like I said, I had a bike ride last week, did a 30-40 min walk in alongside any shopping and just general movement! I wanted to do some weights and take dogs out yesterday, but bizarrely I woke up with my shoulder/collarbone being sore so not sure what I did in the night, but it's on the mend and as I was about to head out yesterday evening it started to rain really heavy. Going to try and walk at some point today.

Still enjoying the pizza recipe at the weekend, can't get over how it's only 2 ingredients dough each time.

We've had a heatwave here in the UK last week after pretty much a whole month of rain it felt like. With this weather it has been amazing for my plants alongside adding organic fertiliser in the water.

I unintentionally got sunburnt after mowing front and back grass and my under hour bike ride (not on same day). My shoulders, top of back and probably parts of my arms got me looking like a drumstick lolly sweet. It's going down, but of course being burnt the skin won't likely go back down to it's original colour. Thanks for the suncream reminder :)

I think it's to be a decent weather week again, on that note, have a great week everyone!

Loving how active our team is in here.

Great loss :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Poobah1972 aka Jonathan

Thank you for putting your faith in me and offering me the invitation... I'll do my best to keep the good vibes flowing. :smiley:

Also if anyone has a cheat sheet with everyone's first name? I'd appreciate it. lol πŸ˜†

Since you have been with us you have always been supportive so Linda and I thought we would ask you ...Thank you for taking the position :):)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Poobah1972 aka Jonathan

You should be able to look at our spreadsheet for June to see all of our names :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,530 Member
    Options
    @jimboden3
    I will move you over. Let us know how you make out and I hope the doctor can get things taken care of fast.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I'm so impressed by that insanely high walk. I'm going to slowly start increasing my distance so that I can catch up to you by August πŸ˜† Thank you for sharing that you like using Leslie Sansone videos for days when you can't get outside, I saved a couple to try out. Enjoy your walk!

Thanks @TheresaM787 ...today was shorter ...162 minutes and 6.64 miles ....once she is out of school (her last day is 6/10 we won't feel rushed to get home for her classes with other teachers :) ... Saturday's will be our lonnnnnnng walk .... I am hoping to reach 10 miles by July...we will also be swimming in our pool :) so this darn scale of mine better cooperate soon or else LOL
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/6: 15,672
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I am happy to report my Blood Sugar before lunch was 91....on Friday it was 109 :)
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @meghan_smartiepants I hope you are showing better numbers on the scale!
    @iradi8 I'm glad you brought up the fitbit. I have one and I've been totally ignoring the noise it makes - I'm going to start paying attention and stand up when it signals me to do so. I do a variety of step videos: Get fit with Rick -I've only done one and it was a little monotonous, but he has a lot and a lot of followers - I'm going to try him again. Joanna Soh and Olivia Lawson are others I've done.
    @lindamtuck2018 β€œfood is the most abused anxiety drug. Exercise is the most underutilized antidepressant.” Wow, that is powerful!
    @azkunk - glad you are feeling the benefits of the fasting.
  • 363days
    Options
    @Beverly2Hansen @TheresaM787 Thanks, ladies! I appreciate your feedback and kind words
  • 363days
    Options
    @mszoueb congrats on your weight loss - well done
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Today's weigh in, down 2 lbs πŸ€—

That is fantastico! :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.