Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    Those sit/stand desks are heavy and awesome. We got each of our kids one last year when schools went online so that they would not be sitting all day. That must have been hard to see your son in pain from a migraine. I know the feeling. My daughter gets them. It's so hard as a parent when our kids don't feel okay:(

@Beautyofdreams
    Hope your skin graft goes well today. You sound like you have a good plan moving forward. That's so sad about your father. My mom is not in good health, and a lot of it is due to her very sedentary lifestyle and her poor diet. It's hard to see. I am her caregiver, so part of this journey for me is because I do not want my kids to have to deal with what I am having to deal with with my mother.

@363days
    Having to be a caregiver for a parent can be exhausting. Having a parent in the hospital is also exhausting. Been there, done that. See my note above to Beautyofdreams. I'm going through the same thing as far as not wanting to be in my mom's shoes later in life due to my choices and lifestyle today.

@TheresaM787
    That's a lot of walking!!! Fantastic! 24K steps!
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

6/2 steps 8,388
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/2: 20,047
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,640 Member
    Options
    Goooooood Morning Dazzling Downsizers ....Since my daughter doesn't have classes today ...we are trying for 8 mile walk or more ....Steps yesterday was 22,640 ...must get ahead of Theresa :p:p:p ....we are off to go walking ..chat later :):):)

8 miles!?! EIGHT miles, all in one shot, you both are amazing! 22,640 steps!! 👏👏👏👏 I’m in awe 🤩 Have fun on your walk. I’m so envious that you and your daughter walk for so long together. Love that!

I fell short ..we walked 7.87 miles and burned 1030 calories but I am very proud of that considering this is my 1st week back to walking ...steps so far are 19,607 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    iradi8 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Eight miles? Wow!!! That is amazing. Walking with our daughters is so special. Mine will be off to college in August, so I will be sad to have to walk alone.

@rwood566
    You always make me laugh:) I love the cognac and donut day. What a great combination! Hope you hear from your doctor soon. You are doing so well with your "dedication" to your health. I hope the doctors can figure out why you get dizzy.

@rlaskey2
    That's great that the construction is winding down and just about done. Zucchini turkey burgers sound interesting. I've never had those. How do you make them?

@Poobah1972
    Too bad that dream wasn't real. You make me laugh:) You are such an inspiration with your commitment! Love your attitude and your messages. Great job on your walking. You went from five to six laps recently and now you're even thinking about if seven laps will happen!

@amymartin555
    Wow! That's a lot of steps and a lot of jumps!

@TheresaM787
    That roasted spaghetti squash with garlic and parmesan sounds so good. I have been lacking ideas for side dishes these days. I want to try that. Is it a recipe or do you just throw it together? Any tips on how to cook the squash?

@azkunk
    I must be a data geek as well. Haha. I only count my actual steps in the step challenge. I don't add steps for weights and such. I get that it is a measure of exercise though. For me, I only count steps so that I can have that data for myself as well. So, I get that.

@roz0810
    That is great that you are getting your treadmill. It is so good to be able to walk on rainy or extra hot days:)

@Beverly2Hansen
    Those planks! Wow! Planks are so hard:)

Thanks... mine will be a junior in High School in August ...Love that I am able to home school her so our schedule is lenient unless she has classes with other teachers :)
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Oh and 6/2 plank was 1min 30 sec. I forgot to add it.🙂
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Check in for Wednesday

✅Steps 8,877
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ✅physio 2/2

Got up this morning and promptly went right back to bed. I woke with a bad headache. I think it is a combination of the weather change and all the excitement yesterday. I am so excited the exercise room opened but the best news is Newfoundland is going to start opening its borders to the rest of Canada starting July 1st. It depends on vaccination rate there and the person travelling has to be vaccinated. As soon as we get an idea on when Garry’s dentures are going to be done we are going for a month. It is such a relief to know we can go see our parents. It’s been 2 years so there will be lots of hugs and tears. Also, lots of food. 😬

I am off for a short walk and try the exercise bike again. I will respond to some of the posts when I get back.

Have a great Thursday!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 7,798
    Exercise bike 17 minutes moderate effort

I need clarification on your steps ..is it 8877 or 7798 plus the steps that I calculated for you exercise bike?
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    Options
    Check in for Wednesday

✅Steps 8,877
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ✅physio 2/2

Got up this morning and promptly went right back to bed. I woke with a bad headache. I think it is a combination of the weather change and all the excitement yesterday. I am so excited the exercise room opened but the best news is Newfoundland is going to start opening its borders to the rest of Canada starting July 1st. It depends on vaccination rate there and the person travelling has to be vaccinated. As soon as we get an idea on when Garry’s dentures are going to be done we are going for a month. It is such a relief to know we can go see our parents. It’s been 2 years so there will be lots of hugs and tears. Also, lots of food. 😬

I am off for a short walk and try the exercise bike again. I will respond to some of the posts when I get back.

Have a great Thursday!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 7,798
    Exercise bike 17 minutes moderate effort

I need clarification on your steps ..is it 8877 or 7798 plus the steps that I calculated for you exercise bike?

Sorry I didn’t change it from the days before. Correct steps is 7,798 plus the bike.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @iradi8
    Thanks! I’m constantly looking for new recipes. I did a quick Google for a similar recipe to what we do
    https://thatlowcarblife.com/garlic-parmesan-spaghetti-squash/

Instead of garlic and onion powder, I form a small pouch out of aluminum foil. Inside I place five cloves of garlic and a teaspoon of olive oil. Crimp it closed. Place on prepared sheet alongside prepared squash. Bake as directed. Carefully remove garlic from pouch and skins. Mash roasted garlic with 4 tablespoon of olive oil. Fluff squash strands into a large serving bowl, pour in garlic s as no oil. Toss together. Serve with a tablespoon of freshly grated Parmesan. I top with fresh cracked pepper on mine.

Fantastic week of high steps!!
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Another 💯!! Amazing day for you and look at all of those STEPS! You’ve been smash those daily goals 💥 I’m so happy for you, I know you’ve been wanting to visit. Lots of hugs. Lots of happy tears. Lots of food. That’s good to hear that your gym reopened. 👏👏👏👏
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day
    PW: 229.4
    CW: 227.2

A step in the right direction...now to work on some consistency and get some momentum going.

Phenomenal loss!👏👏👏 It looks like that was more than A STEP in the right direction 🤣
    over 20,000 steps 👏👏👏👏 amazing Angie!
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @Bluetail6
    I am so sorry. That’s so terribly tragic. Yes, you can handle this. You are strong. I’m glad you are using walking as a stress reliever. I do hope everything gets sorted. 🤗

@Beverly2Hansen
    Another fabulous step, plank, water and calorie day 👏👏👏👏 you’re doing amazing Beverly! By the way, I’m trying to increase my stamina in planking. I’m at 90 seconds. How many planks do you do?

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Thanks! I just posted the closest recipe I could find of what I do, and added in the substitutions that I make. YOU do not get to say you fell short of 8 miles. It’s week one, your ease back in week.
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I do one elbow plank for the time being. I'm trying to build up to 4 minutes but 1min 30sec is still very hard. I don't increase my time more than every 15days because I only do one. I'm hoping to see 2 minutes by July. I don't follow a challenge because I intend to keep planking long term and there's not much benifit to anything longer than 2 minutes so even if I was maxing the elbow plank and side elbow planks it would never go above 6 minutes as part of my workout. 2 minutes each side and 2 minutes regular plank. I should be there by 6 months from now.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Steps 5/30 9097
    5/31 3710
    6/1 9296

Saturday and Sunday my son was sick with a migraine so that was no fun. They run on both sides of the family but he's awfully young to be having problems already. Monday he was feeling better so we went to my parents house for the holiday. I used Monday as my rest day since we weren't home.
    Yesterday my husband went and picked up his new desk we ordered so we spent the evening putting that together. It's a motorized sit/stand desk so it was heavy and a pain in the butt to assemble haha. After it was working, I walked in place while he made sure all the computer parts were going to turn back on. We had to unplug everything to move it. No problems there thank goodness.
    Today is going by so fast it seems like. I'm getting ready to head out and mow the lawn now!

That is awful someone so young having a migraine. Sounds like lots of exercise putting the desk together and even more mowing the lawn.

Steps- 10,000 ✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups❌
    Tracked everything ate and drank✅
    Under calorie budget✅

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Oooooohhhhh are you ready for this 😀 24,000 steps!!!!! Me. 24,000! I still can’t believe it. I was able to walk for four miles this morning. Later in the day, hubby went for a 3/4 mile walk with me. After dinner. I chatted with my sister on the phone. instead of lounging on the couch (too many people are here- family staycation), I decided to walk around the block. Well, we wound up chatting for two hours. Slowly walked the entire time. When we hung up, I looked at the time and saw my updated step count. Still can’t believe it! Me!

Well done. That’s a lot of walking in 24,000 steps. I can believe it as you are unstoppable.

Another day staying under calorie goal and getting my exercise in. I got my 1000 jumps along with my 30 minutes of my smart hoop. I am hoping that helps my core get stronger. I also got in 32,060 steps so far. I am doing so much better than a month ago when I was getting less 5,000 a day. I also tried something new for me today. Spaghetti squash. Not my favorite but it is ok. Keep up the good work everyone!!

Great day! Your step count is magnificent. Are your legs tired by the end of the day?

azkunk wrote: »
    OMG, this group is so chatty. I will try to get trough the new posts but wanted to check in real quick. Today was the first day of trying a mini fast of just 12 hrs. I know it’s completely mental but I was sooo hungry this morning but held out for 12.5 hrs. Tomorrow will be longer because I last ate at 6 pm and I don’t want to eat anything more so that I meet my macros even though I am SUPER HUNGRY with an intense sweets craving. I have actually been craving sweets all day but I have managed not to give in. I have been trying to fill the void with fruit but it is not doing it. I think I am having sugar withdrawal. I just need to stay strong and get past this.

I think after doing the fasts for awhile it gets easier. The odd time I will find myself starving by mid morning. You will beat those sugar cravings.

Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Good morning beautiful people!
    My psychologist gave me a difficult task. I can only weight myself once a week. Damn that is difficult! I was used to step on the scale several times per day. And now I need to wait an entire week. Its crazy

It is hard to break weighing daily as it has become a habit. You can do it.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    iradi8 wrote: »
    iradi8
    Wednesday
    PW: 195.3
    CW: 192.6
    LTD: 60.0 pounds (SW 252.6)

Congrats on 60 pounds lost! What is the biggest change you noticed since losing the weight?

rwood566 wrote: »
    Wow what a lot of chatters. You all probably typed 10,000 letters today. Heck of a finger step count. Lol

Check in for 6/2:
    Steps: 2649. That many? Couldn't do anything. Got dizzy and chest tightness every time I was on my feet. Hoping it was heartburn. Left a email for my dr. Haven't heard back yet.
    Calories: 1700 and change. Eating to much still. Took a huge portion of cherry crisp. I need to straighten this out.
    Exercise: I wanted to go to the gym today since daughter worked all day. Nope. Want to do something tomorrow. I hope I can.

My weight yesterday jumped 2.2 lbs. Today dropped 2.2 lbs. Ebb and flow. Tomorrow will be very interesting. Drank 112 oz water and yet have tinkled 2 times. Maybe I'm filling an indoor (in my gut) pool? Lol

Wife is finally getting her second shot tomorrow.

I hope you here from the doctor soon. It is good you are aware that you are eating more than you like and are fixing it.

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 16,005

Chaotic day at the house as my new front door and storm door went in. That is it for construction, all that is left is some final painting and waiting for further to slowly trickle in. Kids had their half day and friends over. I squeezed in a short strength workout but no real walks. Dinner was zucchini turkey burgers and watermelon & feta salad.

Great job on the workout. You make the most delicious foods for dinner.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day
    PW: 229.4
    CW: 227.2

A step in the right direction...now to work on some consistency and get some momentum going.

Awesome loss!

6/2
    13,209 steps
    64oz water ate under goal

Great day!
This discussion has been closed.