Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,774 Member
    Options
    @rwood566
    Loving all you great steppers today. Staying within calories and having dessert is heaven.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    It must feel good to be walking again. Great job!

@rlaskey2
    Nice loss! I admire you and all the other team members losing weight with young children.

Oh boy does it Linda :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Off to go walk ....Be back later to catch up with you all :)
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Question for Apple Watch users:

How does it interface with MFP? Does it give you a calorie adjustment every day? My Fitbit is not giving me reminders to move, no disco ball when I hit my steps, etc anymore. I have reset it and a few other things. Time for something new.

I love my Apple watch! It is a series 2 so way out of date but does what I need it to. The goal is to close your three activity rings each day. One is the move ring - which is reaching your active calorie goal (that you can change), one is to get up every hour 12 times a day (I get a reminder at 10 minutes before the next hour to get up if I haven't) and the exercise ring (you have to purposely select an exercise to do for at least 30 minutes to close the ring)

To your question, you connect to the Health App which records your steps and exercise and that is what interfaces with MFP. So on a day where I have actual exercise recorded, I get calories added for that but there is also a step adjustment which on exercise days is usually a negative adjustment. If I only have steps, it is a positive adjustment for steps.
  • lmf1012
    Options
    BRGking wrote: »
    brgking
    Weigh-in Day: Wednesday
    PW: 422.8
    CW: 415
    SW: 468

Whoa!! Fantastic loss!
  • lmf1012
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    6/1 Steps 7,559
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    BRGking wrote: »
    brgking
    Weigh-in Day: Wednesday
    PW: 422.8
    CW: 415
    SW: 468

OH my, that is fantastic! :) Way to go Gerrit!
  • amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I had a fantastic walk today cooler breeze today which was nice but I still sweated a lot... 150 minutes ....6.19 miles and burned 798 calories :) Aspen my husky is dead on the floor next to me :)

Nice walk! That is a great calorie burn.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I had a fantastic walk today cooler breeze today which was nice but I still sweated a lot... 150 minutes ....6.19 miles and burned 798 calories :) Aspen my husky is dead on the floor next to me :)

Nice walk! That is a great calorie burn.

Thanks Amy :) You had 34,908 steps yesterday without the hula hoop (I don't have that on my converter chart) ...Congrats on your steps though pretty darn amazing :)
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    CW: 181.4
    PW: 182.2
    Steps 15,914

Happy for this loss! And even better my renpho scale says I am only overweight and not obese.

Sun finally came back out so steps are up! Did my normal loop with old dog and the large neighborhood walk with my friend. Felt so good after 4 days inside.

Dinner last night was tacos for my daughter since the kids get sick of the skinnytaste meals. I can never please everyone. I only had two and was full which is not typically the case for me.

Congratulations on your loss!! You’re doing amazing 🤩 how do you feel? Fantastic high step count 👏👏 yes. I agree. I need the sun and to be outside. That was a great idea tacos! I try to make something somewhat healthier for dinner, so we all eat one meal OR I make a less healthy side too go alongside. Your idea of tacos is brilliant. I can make a taco salad for me and they can have tacos. Thank you. I’m constantly looking for new ideas. Absolutely brilliant!
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    In answer to the plank question. I am not doing a plank challenge. I have a 4 minute elbow plank goal that will probably take a while to reach(3-4months I'd expect). I want to do 2 leg planks(1 min each leg) and 2 side planks each side. From there if my core is visually improving I'll see about adding weight to my planking. Right now I'm only at 1min30 seconds regular elbow plank.

• Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    2 seperate 1 leg planks*
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,577 Member
    Options
    @BRGking
    That is an amazing loss!

@363days
    I swear scales are evil. Look she is in a good mood let’s tick her off. Seriously though, there are so many variables when weighing. Sodium is just a big factor for us both. Hopefully, the stress with your mom settles down. When they get older is a worry. Keep doing all the right things. I am sure the scale will catch up.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,577 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    If you are going to have a home gym you need to have it to suit you. Think of all the money you are saving by not paying for two gym memberships. Great walk and look at that burn.

@lmf1012
    Thanks for explaining that.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Great walking! It was a little humid here so lots of sweating for me too.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    @363days and @Z10Rtza I am really interested to hear what you think about the acupuncture. I'd like to try it sometime.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/1: 17,176

Happy Wednesday!
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Check in for Tuesday

✅Steps 8,877
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ✅physio 2/2

My walk was longer than I thought it would be. I ended up wandering through the subdivision. Luckily, I prepped my lunch and supper before I went as i was in a lot of pain the rest of the day. Bottom line is I have to keep moving. When this started with my back/leg I slowly cut back my walking until I didn’t go at all. Today, I am planning to walk and get a tea. Scales are still being grumpy. I am going to have faith that I am doing everything right and they will cooperate. Off to vacuum and prep my meals for the day.

Happy Hump Day!

Wow!!! Four out of four! 💯%!! I’m so impressed with your walks! Well done on the ENORMOUS amount of steps👏👏 Great planning on having prepared lunch AND dinner!
    I’m so glad that you know that the scale will show all of the effort and hard work. It’s an evil genius- it’s making you think you need to try harder when in fact you’re already hitting your goals 😂 So proud of you.
This discussion has been closed.