Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @888Angie888 - I need the creaminess in my coffee. Not even milk will do. I do have a milk frother, maybe Iโ€™ll try switching to lattes

@red1185 - we have just started taking out puppies out for walks. Itโ€™s not going so well, they are crazy.

@Poobah1972 - I will keep that in mind but first I need to make it 16 hours ... lol

@amymartin555 - I had to look up the smart hoop. Looks interesting. Let us know how sore your abs are tomorrow

@Aqualang26 - did you just start with 18 hrs or work up to it

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Wowww!!! You are a walking MACHINE! Hernia surgery and your poor tootsies can't keep you down ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Oh, I need my coffee. Ok, I don't know if I need it, but I love drinking a cup of coffee first thing in the morning.

@rwood566
    Incredible, two for two ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป I think the two have you have a bit of Nancy Sinatra in you "these boots are made for walking and that's just what I"ll do" (this is what happens when you stay up late and then get up too early). Amazing day for you. That cherry crisp sounds divine.

@Beverly2Hansen
    And it's a trifecta, three super high stepper posts in a row!! Terrific day for you, high steps, lots of water, extremely long plank (are you doing the plank 30 day challenge) and stayed within calorie goal! Boom, mic drop ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

@amymartin555
    This is crazy, fantastic four in a row! Another high stepper! You had a huge calorie burn day, steps, jumps, hoops ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @roz0810
    Happy very early birthday! Are you enjoying your walks? Do you prefer the treadmill or waling outside? Great steps yesterday ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Love that goal to reach by your birthday.

@Poobah1972
    Thank you so much. I do need to talk to him. I guess, I just expected him to realize what is going on in my head, after seeing me eat differently and actually get in exercise. It unfortunately will need to wait until my in-laws go home. I've held out from the donuts yesterday, we'll see how my willpower lasts today. Thank you, yes you are extremely lucky to have one another, Lynn sounds super supportive and I love that you both are doing this together.

@red1185
    Spectacular step day ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป That's hilarious "teacher summer vacation brain", I've never heard of that before - I'm a former elementary school teacher (in my previous life, before kids). I'm sure you are going to be even busier over the summer! A beach vacation sounds wonderful.

@888Angie888 and @azkunk
    Thank you so much. YES, I know the feeling. It's a challenge. How do you manage with your husbands? If either of you has a magic wand, or a beating stick, please let me know. I've joked with my sister about how much easier life would be if he (husband) would just obey and do as I willed ๐Ÿคฃ it's for his own good of course ๐Ÿ˜‰

@rwood566
    Thank you for my five star rating! I needed that.

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,577 Member
    Options
    @red1185
    Sounds like your dog helps you with your activity level. A beach vacation sound so nice. We are going to the Dominican in December 2022 when my daughter graduates nursing school.

@TheresaM787
    Two walks! That is awesome. Great job on tracking and calories.

@roz0810
    I added you on Fitbit. Your goal is realistic.

@amymartin555
    You are a beast. I am curious, what is the most steps you got in a day?

@Aqualang26
    Use this group in what ever way works for you.

@Beverly2Hansen
    Another great step day! Are you doing a plank challenge? That is an amazing time.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @rwood566
    Loving all you great steppers today. Staying within calories and having dessert is heaven.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    It must feel good to be walking again. Great job!

@rlaskey2
    Nice loss! I admire you and all the other team members losing weight with young children.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question for Apple Watch users:

How does it interface with MFP? Does it give you a calorie adjustment every day? My Fitbit is not giving me reminders to move, no disco ball when I hit my steps, etc anymore. I have reset it and a few other things. Time for something new.
  • amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @red1185
    Sounds like your dog helps you with your activity level. A beach vacation sound so nice. We are going to the Dominican in December 2022 when my daughter graduates nursing school.

@TheresaM787

@roz0810

@amymartin555

@Aqualang26

@Beverly2Hansen
    Another great step day! Are you doing a plank challenge? That is an amazing time.

Hi linda
    The most steps I have ever got while wearing my fitbit was a few years ago and I got 32,000. I kicked butt that day. Lol I seem to compete with myself. I always try to beat my previous best. I only get this many steps when I am not working on my art dolls.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited June 2021
    Options
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @888angie888 love your intro and goals
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 ugh drought in CA is serious - another cloudy, heavy day here and I'm meditating on sending rain your way
    @lindamtuck2018 My body is the same!!! I gained 1.4 yesterday and I'm thinking it has to be the sodium and eating late - hope that's what it is.
    @Z10Rtza I hope the accupuncture helps! I just started this and some Chinese herbs, for the same. I've done it now for about 2 weeks and I know it will take a while but meanwhile I feel better. Let us know if it helps.
    @TheresaM787 Glad you had a rant. You are in a tough situation, having to resist yummy things in the house, and having your husband bring them in. There could be a part of him that wants the "old you" back again. Way to go setting a great example for your kids.
    rwood566 Wow, resisted cherry crisp! Good job.
  • BRGking
    BRGking Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    brgking
    Weigh-in Day: Wednesday
    PW: 422.8
    CW: 415
    SW: 468
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @red1185

@TheresaM787

@roz0810

@amymartin555

@Aqualang26

@Beverly2Hansen

Hi linda
    The most steps I have ever got while wearing my fitbit was a few years ago and I got 32,000. I kicked butt that day. Lol I seem to compete with myself. I always try to beat my previous best. I only get this many steps when I am not working on my art dolls.

You kick butt everyday!
  • amymartin555
    Options
    Check in for Tuesday

โœ…Steps 8,877
    โœ…Sleep
    โœ…Walk
    โœ…physio 2/2

My walk was longer than I thought it would be. I ended up wandering through the subdivision. Luckily, I prepped my lunch and supper before I went as i was in a lot of pain the rest of the day. Bottom line is I have to keep moving. When this started with my back/leg I slowly cut back my walking until I didnโ€™t go at all. Today, I am planning to walk and get a tea. Scales are still being grumpy. I am going to have faith that I am doing everything right and they will cooperate. Off to vacuum and prep my meals for the day.

Happy Hump Day!

Good job on getting a walk also on the meal prep. That helps so much. I hear you on the grump scale. My scale is mad at me I think. Right now my measuring tape is more my friend than my scale.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @littleflutterby I loved the before/after pics! I could see a difference, for sure.
  • amymartin555
    Options
    @red1185

@TheresaM787

@roz0810

@amymartin555

@Aqualang26

@Beverly2Hansen

Hi linda

You kick butt everyday!

Thanks. I am trying. I am hopeful that my scale catches up soon.
This discussion has been closed.