Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 11,037

A little more movement yesterday and did my boxing workout. Knees don’t feel too cranky yet. After 4 gray cold rainy days it was starting to affect my mood. Thank god for a little sun this am. Eating was decent yesterday but not perfect. 🤞for loss tomorrow!
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 11,037

A little more movement yesterday and did my boxing workout. Knees don’t feel too cranky yet. After 4 gray cold rainy days it was starting to affect my mood. Thank god for a little sun this am. Eating was decent yesterday but not perfect. 🤞for loss tomorrow!

We are on our second week of rain - the temperature has dropped 15-20 degrees - I hear ya!! Sunshine makes all of the difference for me.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,069 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    Steps 11,037

We are on our second week of rain - the temperature has dropped 15-20 degrees - I hear ya!! Sunshine makes all of the difference for me.

California is in a drought and has been for awhile... Would you please send us your rain ? LOL
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    5/30 12,446
    5/31 12,333
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Amazing Downsizers ... Yes I am up before the sun .... I want to get out there early to go for our walk .... My daughter has classes today at 9am so we are about to go on our walk :) I had so much energy yesterday it felt great ... no headache and no naps ...it is amazing what happens when you don't eat convenient food and a bunch of crap :) Steps yesterday was 14,230 :)

I love that motivation to get up early to go for your walk. That’s so fabulous that the headaches and tiredness went away once you went back to your Keto and routine. Absolutely amazing high steps!

@363days
    Congratulations on your soon to be here granddaughter 💐
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Check in for Monday

✅Steps 7,164
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ✅physio 2/2

I didn’t get to walk to Tim Hortons yesterday as they came to fix my air conditioner shortly before I was leaving. With the walk to physio I was able to hit my step goal and then some. No walking for tea today as I have to walk in the opposite direction to go to the supermarket. I am going to do a loop through the little park on my way.

I am a bit frustrated with the scale. It went up again this morning. My calories have been on point except for Saturday when I was over a little bit. My calorie average is below my goal of 1450 which should give me a pound a week loss. It feels like I am retaining some water. My sodium has been higher than I like so I adjusted my recipe for supper today so it has less sodium. I am also going to increase my water. Oh well! That darn scale. We will see what it shows tomorrow.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Four ✅s👏👏👏 Well done! Look at all of those steps 🙌🙌 Watch out for the gaggle of geese while going for your walk through the park. Oh I know that the scale can be frustrating. Look at how much better you’re doing- using just your daily goals. You’re walking more. You’re sleeping! You’re getting in more purposeful movement. The sodium is a huge sabotage ingredient. The scale likes to keep us on our toes. Your better health is more than the weekly loss. Continually focusing on the longterm goals will show you the results. You’re doing amazing Linda 🤗
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Steps 11,037

Terrific steps AND boxing! 👏👏👏👏
    Great job staying accountable, perfection not needed- this is life, even Mary Poppins was PRACTICALLY perfect in every way. 🤗
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    We just got back from our walk ...113 minutes .....4.95 miles and 613 calories .. I have 12400 steps at the moment but it is still early in the morning here in California :) I hope everyone has a wonderful day and Happy 1st of June :)

Wowwww 👏👏 super speedy pace and SO EARLY in the morning! That’s incredible 🤩
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Littleflutterby
    PW 291
    CW 290.6
    -0.4lb

LTD 84.4lb

I was hoping for a but more this week but after a big whoosh last week it's to be expected :)

Really would love to see the 280's next week!!

Fantastic loss!! That’s so exciting. We are cheering for you 👏👏
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Hello all,
    I am Angie from California. I am excited for a new month and a fresh start. My weight in May went the wrong direction😉? Feel free to add me as a friend. I have opened my diary to add in a little accountability. Though I am not the best at logging when I am off-track😕. That's another thing to work on.

Goals for June:
    Log it all-the good, the bad, and if it happens-the really ugly too!

'Run the Streak'-run at least one mile a day between Memorial Day and Fourth of July-so far so good.

15,000 steps per day

Meditate daily

No hooch (one beer leads to just one more, then just one more one more, then nachos, chicken wings, onion rings and pizza and all the other high calorie tasty things)

I love your goals! You know I used to feel the same way about logging my poor choices. I was actually embarrassed about putting them in the MFP food diary. Listening to helpful podcasts (like We Only Look Thin) and seeing others diaries, actually helped me realize that this is life and it’s not only going to be apple slices and hard boiled eggs. My new way of thinking: Enjoy the treat. Try not to overindulge. Start again.

Very impressive- running!!!

That’s a terrific high step goal- quite envious 🤩

Great goal of meditation- I should start that up again, I gave up after two weeks.

No hooch 🤣 love that you call it hooch!

You got this. We are here for you👏👏👏
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options

@Z10Rtza
    Nice loss! How are you enjoying the strength training?

Really happy and grateful of being able to go to the gym again
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had my first acupuncture appointment and they told me that maybe we manage to improve my metabolism. At least move it to a slow path but something more than stopped.
    I'm hoping.that this will be the way. I don't know anymore what else to try.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Check in for monday, 5/31. I know it's late. I went to bed early.
    Steps - 3792. Rested after the walk and gym. Waited to see if daughter wanted to hit it again. She didn't.
    Calories - 1792, I think. I ate to many pistachios and I had to guesstimate how many. I planned on zero cal lemonade with dinner but forgot until I had drank a cup of milk. No dessert even though I made a delicious cherry crisp.
    Exercise - nope.

Huge congrats to everyone for helping the team take the week and the month. So many names sprinkled around the lists.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Question for IF’ers. What is the minimum amount of time that you fast? I am thinking of starting with 12 hours and move it up from there. My biggest hurdle is the need for coffee with real half and half in the morning.
This discussion has been closed.