Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,805 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Question for IF’ers. What is the minimum amount of time that you fast? I am thinking of starting with 12 hours and move it up from there. My biggest hurdle is the need for coffee with real half and half in the morning.

I am doing 16:8 fast from 8pm until 12pm....1st meal is at noon and I stop eating at 8pm or sooner
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Got an early start today. 6:45 hit a 5.55 mile walk. Fitbit said 5.28 and I went with Google. 1:48. Felt good so I just kept going. Daughter is off today so we might hit the gym as well.

You beat me today with your miles ... I got out there at 5:45 this morning and walked 4.95 miles in 113 minutes ..........Great job with your walk Roger ...You are doing amazing :)
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Question for IF’ers. What is the minimum amount of time that you fast? I am thinking of starting with 12 hours and move it up from there. My biggest hurdle is the need for coffee with real half and half in the morning.

I shoot for 16 but sometimes it is closer to 14 depending on when I can get dinner. I do drink black coffee in the morning but have not counted that lol... not sure if I am supposed to be or not truthfully
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    lmf1012 wrote: »

I shoot for 16 but sometimes it is closer to 14 depending on when I can get dinner. I do drink black coffee in the morning but have not counted that lol... not sure if I am supposed to be or not truthfully

As long as it is black then it is 0 calories ..you could add it as water too
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,577 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @rlaskey2
    Great job on boxing! Weather has a definitely determines my mood for the day.

@littleflutterby
    Nice loss!

@rwood566
    If I ate pistachios I wouldn’t stop until I ate the entire bag. You are killing it with the walking. You keep improving on your distance and it’s very inspiring.

@azkunk
    I do 16/8. I read before on the forum if it doesn’t exceed 50 calories your good. Not sure how much is in your coffee. Maybe you could reduce the amount in your coffee, then transition to milk and then black. I have been drinking mine black for awhile and you do get used to it after awhile.

@TheresaM787
    Rant away. It is good to get those feelings. Hugs!
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @rwood566
    Wow, a 6 mile walk! That's absolutely amazing 🙌🏻🙌🏻 Roger, thank you for working so hard, it's really inspiring. Gym later also, you're on a roll!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Thank you! 🤗 I've tried in the past, he really has no desire to change, not now at least. I do make meals for the family that are healthy-ish, instead of deep frying (which I love), I bake with a spray of oil to crisp. He adds in his indulgences (usually sauces and breads). I love new recipes. I'll message you for some. Thanks for sharing.

@lindamtuck2018
    Thank you!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @theresam787 very nice, professional rant. Not to long and not wandering all over the place. I think you could teach others how to do it properly. ☆☆☆☆☆

@lindamtuck2018 I did eat the rest of the bag. Only reason I stopped.

Off to the gym.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    @TheresaM787 Oh how the significant others can be such a sabotage! My husband is always up for pizza or wings or tacos--and not the responsible better for you versions.

I did make some buffalo cauliflower once that was pretty tasty that he thought was OK. I admit that a nice crispy spicy wing is tough to beat.

@azkunk Maybe unsweetened almond milk would be an ok substitute in coffee? There are plain, vanilla and chocolate versions for less than 40 calories per cup.

People are really rockin' it on the workouts and walks!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @TheresaM787 - That really sucks, from a lot of different levels. No real good answers for this one. His health is definitely a huge concern. Promoting poor health and lifestyle to the children. Non-supportive to your new way of life, so much so that he appears to be anti-supportive. You have every right to feel upset. Marriage is a 2 way street, where each couple helps carry the load, together making each other stronger.

Have you talked to him, about how your feeling, and how some of his actions appear to you? Talking about it at some point unfortunately is the only way through it. Otherwise you just agree to disagree, and I'm not sure where that might lead.

Just a real tough situation I'm sorry.... Makes me realize how lucky I am to have Lynn in my Life. We are a team in all things, and it makes everything just better.

@azkunk

Not suggesting you do this... But My fiancé and I don't eat at all on Sundays. And it's been like 17 or 18 Sundays in a row (starting to lose count now). So no food at all for 36 hours. Granted were both on a Ketogenic Diet and I firmly believe it makes fasting for 24+ hour periods way easier, as there is no need for the body to switch metabolisms, which typically lead to Electrolyte imbalances which can lead to tiredness, brain fog, fatigue, headaches etc. Not to mention since on KETO the bodies fuel is actually your fat reserves and I have plenty of them, thus my body isn't actually starving when I don't eat as it's constantly feeding on fat, hence we get only mildly hungry on Sundays and never during the week. However if you just doing the Windowed approach to IF, then your not at risk of burning through your glycogen stores in 12-18 hour periods so you really won't have to worry about the electrolyte issues.

:)
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Steps- 10,000 ✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups ❌
    Tracked everything ate and drank ✅
    Under calorie budget ✅

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    15,100 steps

I was able to do a 3.5 and a 2 mile walk today. Ok, give me your secrets, how do you not pee your pants walking for so long? I had to speed walk home during the 3.5 mile walk, because (as my kids used to say), “I have to make the pee.” 🤦🏻‍♀️😂
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    1st June
    Steps, 6,455
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

How is it June already wth! Its my birthday in about 15 weeks! I'm aiming for 20lbs loss between now and then 🙂
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @azkunk When I do IF, I do an 18:6 window. I don't eat until dinner then have a nighttime snack/meal. I drink green tea in the morning instead of coffee, as I can't do black coffee.

I'm sorry I don't do a daily check in, y'all. I read the thread every day -- I just don't really feel like I have much to say I guess.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Steps- 10,000 ✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups ❌
    Tracked everything ate and drank ✅
    Under calorie budget ✅

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    15,100 steps

I was able to do a 3.5 and a 2 mile walk today. Ok, give me your secrets, how do you not pee your pants walking for so long? I had to speed walk home during the 3.5 mile walk, because (as my kids used to say), “I have to make the pee.” 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

Now that I don't drink coffee in the morning I don't need to pee while on our walks :) It is great being back on Keto and IF :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited June 2021
    Options
    So today I got in 27,588 steps plus my 1,000 jumps. I also got my smart hoop today and it is not as easy as they make it look but I knew that it would take practice. I got 30 minutes in of that. This weekend we had to drain and clean our aboveground pool and now it is slowly filling back up. I cant wait to swim.

Was your jumping rope moderate/fast or slow and how long did it take you to jump 1000? Remember I have a converter chart that I can convert most things into steps but hula hoop is not one of them
This discussion has been closed.