Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Team 🀩 I have a bit of catching up to do.

@BRGking
    Way to go Gerrit!!! 10,900 stepsπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

@lindamtuck2018
    Yes, yes it was rude of that donut to ruin my sleep by hurting my belly. Thank you. Yes, same here. We've only lived in this house for about five years, and I decluttered last year (or so I thought) when the pandemic hit. We were able to donate so much, and we haven't been shopping in almost 15 months for more "stuff", yet I have more to declutter πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Way to go! All βœ…s you are kicking butt all over the placeπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» You blew away your higher step goal, 7,043!! You will get to onederland. I wish you could see how incredible you are doing. Your NSVs are just a snapshot of that, look deeper: you are going for walks with your grandkids- you are building lifelong loving memories that all of you will carry and cherish; you are finally sleeping - remember how you felt before those days of blissful sleep (you tried everything and now you are sleeping); you haven't given up - staying on your path, being consistent, is one of the hardest parts and you are doing it, mentally and physically; you doubled your step goal in six months - you are walking even more than your goal, you built up your stamina, you increased your strength; your insulin has dropped another two units - you are seeing noticeable, health-related, improvements. Plus you are a constant source of inspiration and motivation to this team. πŸ€—

I like the quote you shared, "It's okay to struggle, but it's not okay to give up on yourself or your dreams."

@lmf1012
    Fantastic step day πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Congratulations on the scale moving Joni πŸŽ‰ It sounds like you are putting together an awesome home gym also.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Congratulations on finishing another year of homeschool πŸ™ŒπŸ» FOUR HOURS? 😳 Four 😲Four hours! 🀣 Please know I mean this in the most loving and envious way, that's absolutely insane! I don't know if I will ever be able to do walks like that. Four hours? You are truly inspirational. Four. Hours. I hear, "I would walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more.." in my head.

@Tazaria87
    BAM! (channeling my inner Emeril) Look at you hitting all of your daily goals Ashley πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Five miles and with sporadic jogging spurts- well BAM! Those hamburger buns sound delicious.

@rwood566
    Yes, that scale does owe its life to me. It should have remembered that, when it wouldn't move, or when it moved in the wrong direction.

@888Angie888
    Well done Angie! Congratulations on your loss πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» slow miles are better than no miles, way to go running a mile EVERYDAY. That's a tremendous step goal, and you're hitting it πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Staying away from the drink & tracking everything πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ» Meditating also? That's remarkable, and yes that's a win! HUGE step day!
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    SW: 194 (9/1/20)
    PW: 140 (6/3/21), I think
    CW: 137

Wow!!! 3 lbs in one week, that's awesome!
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    part two...
    @rlaskey2
    Oh my goodness 18,000 steps PLUS you started a new routineπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» The 18,000 would have been my routine 🀣. I love how you keep improving your workouts Rachel, absolutely incredible!

@red1185
    Wow! Way to go Rachel πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» 75 treadmill minutes 🀩

@rwood566
    Ok, so what did you get at the Asian supermarket? You are a brave dad, I try to hold out going to those game room places - they are WAY too loud for me. Which I don't understand, because I used to listen to music that was MUCH LOUDER than that and my family is always saying how loud I am, especially during hockey games (if I don't yell at the tv, then how will the team/ref hear me?).

@amymartin555
    Did you type that right? 40,000 steps! One can get 40,000 steps? In a day? How did you get 40,000 steps? Did you just walk all day long and only stop to eat and pee? 40,000? Did your legs fall off? 40,000? Well hot damn! Throw up the cowgirl hat and do a jig πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Congratulations on hitting your goal πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

@Beautyofdreams
    You had a feeling that you had more grafts in store. You're doing really well with the entire procedure. You're almost done πŸ€—

@Bluetail6
    Yayyyyy Leah!! Congratulations on your lossπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

@roz0810
    Well done on those steps πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

@lindamtuck2018
    Yessss πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ Congratulations Linda!! You persevered and taught that scale a lessonπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Plus another three for three day βœ…βœ…βœ… You keep stepping all over your step goal🀩 That sounds
    really lovely walking with a neighbor, walking and talking - love that. I'm so glad the family is coming over for pizza tonight. Enjoy!
    That's hilarious! Birth weight 🀣

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,255 Member
    Options
    19,318 steps on 6/10
    Yesterday ate in deficit and drank 2 litters of water.

Would you be so kind to post your steps from 6/6-6/9 I seem to be off on your steps for some reason ...Thanks
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    BRGking wrote: Β»
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    6/10
    Steps- 11,100 + swimming 30 minutes

was your swimming leisure, moderate effort, treading water or vigorous effort?
  • amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    part two...
    @rlaskey2
    Oh my goodness 18,000 steps PLUS you started a new routineπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» The 18,000 would have been my routine 🀣. I love how you keep improving your workouts Rachel, absolutely incredible!

@red1185
    Wow! Way to go Rachel πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» 75 treadmill minutes 🀩

@rwood566
    Ok, so what did you get at the Asian supermarket? You are a brave dad, I try to hold out going to those game room places - they are WAY too loud for me. Which I don't understand, because I used to listen to music that was MUCH LOUDER than that and my family is always saying how loud I am, especially during hockey games (if I don't yell at the tv, then how will the team/ref hear me?).

@amymartin555
    Did you type that right? 40,000 steps! One can get 40,000 steps? In a day? How did you get 40,000 steps? Did you just walk all day long and only stop to eat and pee? 40,000? Did your legs fall off? 40,000? Well hot damn! Throw up the cowgirl hat and do a jig πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Congratulations on hitting your goal πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

@Beautyofdreams
    You had a feeling that you had more grafts in store. You're doing really well with the entire procedure. You're almost done πŸ€—

@Bluetail6
    Yayyyyy Leah!! Congratulations on your lossπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

@roz0810
    Well done on those steps πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

@lindamtuck2018
    Yessss πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ Congratulations Linda!! You persevered and taught that scale a lessonπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Plus another three for three day βœ…βœ…βœ… You keep stepping all over your step goal🀩 That sounds
    really lovely walking with a neighbor, walking and talking - love that. I'm so glad the family is coming over for pizza tonight. Enjoy!
    That's hilarious! Birth weight 🀣

[/quote
    Thanks!
    Yes I did 40,000 steps yesterday. My legs felt like they were going to fall off. I just started walking and didnt stop for the first 20,000 then I figured I would keep going because once I sit down it is too hard to get back up. I do IF so I didnt really have to stop to eat I just ate when I finished. I figured this was equivalent to someone who works on their feet all day but I dont think I could handle it. Today my legs are ok. I did my 10,000+ already so I will see what I end up with. It will be a while before I try for the next fitbit badge of 45,000. If ever.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    SW: 194 (9/1/20)
    PW: 140 (6/3/21), I think
    CW: 137

Oh my, that's just lovely isn't it? Lee your definitely Killing it! :smiley:
    PW 212.4
    CW 209

Holy Whoosh! If I had known all it took was to get in a mood and threaten my scale. For those of you plateauing hang in there as it will happen.

LINDA!!!! I knew it, your day was bound to come. Congratulations on the that stellar movement... HECK YES!
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day- Fridays
    PW: 220
    CW: 225 (gained 5 lbs)
    LTD: 44 lbs

Beyond frustrated ...but it is what it is ... I am baffled as to why I am gaining .... that is 10lbs in 2 weeks ... ughhhhhhh... my calories are set at 1500... I am going to start walking 5 days a week instead of 6 days a week...if anyone has any suggestions please let me know ...thanks ....

Off to go walking

You aren't gaining fat... That is 100% fact, I'm positive of that. In fact the laws of thermal dynamic demand that you are in fact burning fat. So why Neptune the God of the Sea, as decided to take up residence in your back side while commanding the depths of the Ocean with him... Well it's anyone's guess. But he can't hide in there forever. A spectacular WOOSH is coming for you.... Eventually. πŸ‘
  • BRGking
    BRGking Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    BRGking wrote: Β»
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    6/10
    Steps- 11,100 + swimming 30 minutes

was your swimming leisure, moderate effort, treading water or vigorous effort?

the swimming was leisure...it steady but slow...
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    part 3- ok, I think I've caught up πŸ˜†

@Beverly2Hansen
    Awesome step day!!!! That's huge πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Well done, staying under budget and drinking 2 liters of water. It amazes me how you can drink so much water, I'd be peeing all day long. 😳

@BRGking
    Way to go! Another high step day πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» and swimming (not floating) for 30 minutes🀩

@lmf1012
    Wow, terrific steps πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»! I love that you are now looking forward to lifting - that's exactly what it said would happen in Atomic Habits (create a habit, stick to the habit and it becomes habit). What a change! It feels good doesn't it?

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    That doesn't make sense, all of that walking, water, staying under deficit. Are you retaining water? That's the only thing I can think of. Have you called the general surgeon who did the hernia surgery? Not that I want you driving all the way out there to see him. πŸ€— I hope you enjoy your walk.

@Poobah1972
    Ohhh that goodness for the occasional rain. That's nice that you two had a relaxing morning. Of course he was impressed with your gym, it's freakin' awesome. He probably is going to try to replicate it at his home- look at you inspiring even more people 🀩 Enjoy your leg day!

@amymartin555
    That's so amazing! 40,000 steps πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» I'm so happy for you, that's a tremendous accomplishment. πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ» Congrats on getting your 10,000 steps already today. Absolutely phenomenal 🀩

@rwood566
    Congratulations on another loss!! You're doing so well πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/10: 17,397

Happy Friday!!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    four hour 5 minute walk today ...9.60 miles and burned 1263 calories ...shorter than yesterday but felt longer to me ..almost 25,000 steps ....I had 33,010 steps yesterday

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Beverly2Hansen ...somehow I missed a day of your steps ...Can you please re-post your steps for me ? 6/6 I have 15,012 ...6/7 19314....6/8 13,870 missing 6/9 I think and have 15,090 for 6/10 ..Thank you sorry for my confusion
This discussion has been closed.