Options
    Digger61
    Saturday 6/12 weigh-in
    PW: 200
    CW: 200
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 thank you again for sharing that book. I don't read much but I read it in two days. It's a real eye-opener. Yesterday while at work I noticed a coworker at a vending machine. He was buying a bag of chips. My mental reaction was like I had seen a long lost friend. That's when it hit me. The purpose of food was not for a friendship. Currently food has no value to me any more. I hope it lasts.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,744 Member
    Options
    @RYcare I hope your daughter's fever passes soon. I'm sure your scale is just showing water retention.

@Firefly743 Congrats on the loss :smile:

@trooworld Thanks, me too. I hate seeing little ones sick! Good luck for your art opening tonight!! Enjoy the moment!

@askewcr Wow great loss! Your intentional choices are definitely paying off!

@mlhopp93 Nice to see you're back on track :smile:

@TheGlwUp Great loss! Sorry you had a stressful week, I hope next week is better.

@TeresaW1020 I had to Google Whoppers lol but yes they do look to be the same kind of thing!
    I hope your Zoom meeting goes well tonight, maybe they can help with some answers about your lunchtime BGL.

@19shmoo69 A nice little epiphany! I'm glad you're able to notice some changes and that the book is helping.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I overate a lot yesterday, I was just so hungry. I think it was because I didn't eat anything all morning (not even a coffee) and didn't get lunch until about 3pm. I will do better today.

I think I am starting to come down with the toddler's cold, despite sanitising my hands all the time. I will probably have to work from home next week if I do get it.

I don't have much else to add, going to spend some time playing WoW with hubby today.
    4ec6434mnvck.png
    2021 Word: PEACE
    Goals for June:
    lwlp5x70xqc3.png
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,761 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just doing a quick check-in. I spent the morning at the food bank farm, there were more volunteers than normal but they were a fun crowd, at the end we were pulling weeds and saying how we needed to get some music to turn up while gardening to attract a crowd to help us. I mean, if I saw people dancing at the food bank I would stop and hang out, FOMO! LOL @TeresaW1020 I do like Eric's cats the most, I care about him but adore his cats. He's trying to make it up to me, I haven't decided what to do yet. I told my mom about what happened with him and we're celebrating Father's Day tomorrow, I don't know if I'll bring him with me but my mom might go up to him and smack him.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Great, great day today! We spent the day with two of my great nieces and we had a ball. We had Zaxby's but I didn't overdo it. I love spending time with them and my hubby. I'm a super blessed woman. Oooo God, I thank You! :)
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 2 - Jun 2021 Sunday
    PW 137lbs (62.1kg)
    CW 138lbs (62.8kg)
    LTD about 37lbs (16.8 kg)
    GOAL weight 121lbs (55kg)

Fluctuate gained - but thank you everyone for commenting on my loss last week.

Eating better but still eating chocolate when I am tried. Brought fruit as the pineapple was only 79p. But then I ate quarter of it and that's a lot of sugar.

My home grown strawberries are fruiting. But since I only eating them, that's sugar too.

Continuing with warm weather I am eating less. I recall one day I just ate salad and was satisfied.

Wishing everyone a good week ahead.

Smiles☺️
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Someone NEEDS to see this today!

🌟 Consistency is everything.
    🌟 Keep going, you’re almost there!!
    🌟 Don’t stop right before your NEXT breakthrough

mez0z0p08jlc.jpg
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    @askewcr @mlhopp93 @TheGlwUp @19shmoo69 Congrats on the losses! Well done!

@askewcr Happy anniversary!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! My husband did go with me. More below! Well, if nothing else, you will learn things by doing that, won't you? I needed to see that today, thank you!

@TwistedSassette Thank you! I'm sorry you are coming down with the toddler's cold. I hope it is a quick cold.

@apple852hk You have a good week, too.

Hello all. The art opening went really well and an opportunity to exhibit at another gallery might have come out of it. At first, there were a lot of people and it was crowded but then the crowd thinned out. There was no wine or food (thankfully) but I did have a drink out afterward with my hubby.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @askewcr I've told you this before but I love your outlook, the people in your life including us are lucky to have you as you seen to appreciate and enjoy your life so much.

@apple852hk Do you notice a difference in your chocolate cravings if you don't have sugar? I wonder if sugar fruit is okay but not simple sugar. I can eat fruit without cravings and my blood sugar does fine but the more I eat sugar the more I crave it and the more my health problems worsen (plus I break out from it). When I first tried no sugar I'd dip cocoa powder on fruit, it's just like chocolate but without the white stuff.

@trooworld Sounds like a great time, how exciting!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 You are very welcome and I’m so glad that it resonated with you! I have never gotten to a place where food doesn’t have value for me. That is the addiction and the simple fact that I really love food. However, I have really been trying to look at food in terms of nutrients that are good for my body and those are the foods that I need to consume 95% of the time. The other 5% can be those treats that might not have much nutrition but satisfy in other ways. If that makes sense? ;) And woot on your great weight loss this week!! Keep up the great work! B)

@TwistedSassette My Zoom meeting was helpful and they mostly suggested that if I’m really hungry to eat something small that is high protein. My exercise with weightlifting can raise BG. They have this thing called the “main” meal which is the one that I eat no matter what my BG says. I might need to do that with my lunch on days I lift. :/ I’m sorry that you think you are coming down with the cold. And if you are not used to going that long without food it can certainly trigger a binge reaction. I’m sure you did much better today. <3

@Katmary71 You just follow your heart…and your gut when it comes to Eric and what you decide to do. Don’t let him persuade you to do what you know is right for you. Cats or no cats. ;)<3

@askewcr So happy that you had a great day yesterday with your great-nieces. I have a very strong feeling that you are a blessing to all who know you. This group included. :)

@apple852hk I would look at the types of sugars you are eating and see if you can make some changes to help you stay more on track. Look at low glycemic fruits, which strawberries are great, and pineapple not so much. Also, what type of chocolate do you eat? The problem with chocolate treats is that they are often mixed with fats and that is a bad combo for us to consume. Do you like dark chocolate? I find that isn’t as much of a problem for me as the milk chocolate can be. You will figure it out! <3

@trooworld I’m so happy that the exhibit went so well and that you might get to do another one at a different gallery. You are rocking the art world!! B) And you deserved that drink!

Hi Team! Today was a good day. I taught the kids in children’s church and that was fun as always. Our VBS (vacation Bible school) starts in 2 weeks and we are all super excited about that. This year I’m going to be a crew leader and in charge of a small group of K-2nd grade. Pray for me, please!!! :grin: I took today off from work because my body is SORE from that new program. I’ve never done one quite like this before but it’s fun and if I don’t end up killing myself might actually yield some great results. I laid out in the sun this afternoon trying to get a bit of color on my pasty white legs so I don’t have to go the self-tanner route with my capris. It’s just that I don’t like the sun or being hot! :D

Goal Weight Challenge: EYE ON THE PRIZE! B)
    Data Driven Fasting challenge Trigger went down from 85 o 84 this morning. I was hungry after church for lunch but it was high so I went and did a super slow 10-minute walk on the treadmill and that worked like a charm.
    No snacking or sugar No snacking or sugar
    Workout (includes church cleaning): Took today off but have been doing some stretches on my poor aching triceps and traps
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Low key day today. We took the girls blackberry picking yesterday so today hubby made a blackberry cobbler today. I had fixed me a big bowl and realized I didn't need it at all. I told hubby to eat it later, I did not eat the cobbler, and did eat roast, carrots and potatoes instead. Thank you Lord my head was in the right "space" because the old me would have had two bowls. "Intentional!" B)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,228 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Challenge!

Lace up your favourite walking shoes and let's get striding!

nqo5g2lo7ocn.png

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10835477/june-week-3-challenge-70-000-steps/p1?new=1
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,744 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Music at the food bank farm sounds like a great idea!

@askewcr Sounds like a wonderful day! Also, good on you for listening to your body and realising you didn't need the cobbler. On a side note, I don't think I've ever had cobbler, it's always intrigued me as I'm not sure what it is!

@apple852hk Sending hugs your way, and a pat on the back for the things you've been making improvements on. One thing at a time! I wish I could grow strawberries, they never seem to take off properly for me!

@19shmoo69 Wow, epic loss!

@TeresaW1020 I love that pic of the miners, it's one of my favourite motivational pics!
    I'm glad the Zoom meeting went well and you got some pointers out of it. It's all a learning experience, I'm sure!

@trooworld I'm so glad the art opening went well - and another opportunity is even more exciting!!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Amazing work this week, the scale is showing your efforts!
    I had a halfway decent day yesterday. Over calorie goal, but still with a decent deficit. I was watching my football team playing their game on TV and decided to spend the second half walking in place, so that was a good 50 minutes of movement.

Hubby has now got a sore throat so he's definitely getting the cold, but I am feeling ok so far (just a little tired).

It's a public holiday here today for the Queen's birthday, so it's just a lowkey day at home. Tomorrow I will be in a leadership training course for work all day, so there will probably not be much opportunity to move around through the day. I also won't really be able to plan ahead for my eating, as I don't know what they are providing for catering. I will just have to make the best choices I can at the time.

I plan on making some pumpkin soup with chickpeas this afternoon, for lunches for the rest of the week. That will hopefully keep me on track!
    4ec6434mnvck.png
    2021 Word: PEACE
    Goals for June:
    50p8snq0bsor.png
  • Jypsy1
    Jypsy1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee
    Weigh in day Sunday
    Username Jypsy1
    PW 142.7
    Cw 141
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 It was a great time.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! I'm happy and excited. Are you all set for VBS? How many kids are going to be in your group? It's good to mix up your workouts to keep your body "guessing". I don't like being out in the hot sun either.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Nice loss, I'd be thrilled too! What did you do differently this past week?

@askewcr Wow, I don't know if I could resist homemade blackberry cobbler. You go!

@TwistedSassette Thanks. I hope the other gallery accepts my work. We'll see! That was a good idea to walk in place. Enjoy your day off! Happy birthday to the Queen, woo hoo! :D The soup sounds wonderful.

@Jypsy1 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I had a low-key day yesterday. I have to go into work today so I will be trying to stay out of the cafe and vending machines.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was the church’s picnic and while there I was asked if I mind to manage the deserts station. Deserts? Really people?
    Anyway, after doing that for 6 hours I realized on the way home, that I did not have any!
    Either this was a fluke, or I need to wallpaper my house in sweets patterns 😁
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @TwistedSassette Your soup sounds amazing! I love trying new recipes but ones like that are my favorite, I really like WFPB recipes for some reason.

@GabiV125 LOL, that's awesome, way to go that you didn't have a dessert! I try to think of things as off-limits like that but it does seem to happen a lot that when you're dieting you get more temptations stuck in your face. When I did no sugar my nephews wanted me to stay after church to make cookies all the time.

Happy Monday gang, another week to put our best foot forward! I spent yesterday with my family for Father's Day (week early because my brother's family is going camping next weekend), it was great. I made this pasta salad: https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=E211US105G0&p=skinnytaste+greek+pasta+salad

I'm going in for treatment today as I'm doing worse. I'm so tempted to go for steroids, I don't think this stupid pain clinic is ever going to happen and frankly I'm not thrilled about those options because I've tried them before or they're risky. I got approval for a pain clinic in Feb, this is ridiculous. I'm really tempted to start using the cannabis tea again but then I won't pass the drug test. I'm reading a Stephen King book right now, it's kind of boring but I think part of the problem is I'm having trouble concentrating.

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    3w7v0jzkqe7l.jpg
    2ufb8qgmbch1.png
    v7f7jq4hfzx7.png
    fxcitfl4dhtm.png
    drpqdzxsilvc.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    k1w0re514pwu.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    vim4yiep4zbd.png