This June I Will...

Options

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    Been gone 5 days working, working working... Sometimes that's all I do. Anyways... I have a week off! Yeah! So everyday starting today this week I can do all my things. This past 5 days I got my water in and yoga in for 3 to 5 mins. in the morning before I got ready for work. However not as much as I'd like (would like to get a good 15 mins in a day for yoga). I sat outside for an hour or so yesterday with my dad so Sunday was a big ✅ Yes for me in getting my habits done for the day. Check back with you all tomorrow. Happy day to everyone😁

Awesome @pamelaromanczuk25 !!
    Look forward to hearing!
    I bet your Dad loved that!!!

Best,
    🌸Maddie
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Amazing list! @MadisomMolly2017 Even the smallest of tasks are useful to note so as not to forget. 🌼

Thanks! I developed this very slowly over time. The whitening strips are a new one. Missed two days so far…I thought they stripped enamel, but dentist said “if you want to lighten them slightly, Creat whitening strips are the “go to” - after I got over initial bit o hurt, I was delighted!! Whiter teeth here I come!!! LOL
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,812 Member
    Options
    Hi all, you have been doing great this month! I love your morning routine/flow @BodyTalking and @madisommolly2017!

I’m really liking my tree pose habit for this month. I have only missed one day so far. My carbs and fasting goals aren’t going so well - I need to work on those.

6lhmt1r1a3qk.jpeg
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    Hi all, you have been doing great this month! I love your morning routine/flow @BodyTalking and @madisommolly2017!

I’m really liking my tree pose habit for this month. I have only missed one day so far. My carbs and fasting goals aren’t going so well - I need to work on those.

6lhmt1r1a3qk.jpeg

@77tes!
    Happy to see your tracker & hear that your 🌲 pose is going well!!

Best,
    🌸Maddie
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    My new, tiny habit, morning routine has been completed for Tuesday ✔️ 🙂
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Great habit chains everyone!

I need to focus on my evening and nighttime routine.

I'll start with this...and if all goes well...add another step in July.

After I eat dinner, I will prep my collagen for the next morning.
    After I prep my collagen, I will take a short walk.
    After my evening walk, I will floss and brush my teeth.
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    Ugh! I was really tired this morning and took the extra time to grab a bit more sleep instead of trying my new routine.
    I did eat breakfast though. I deleted some emails, did my daily Duolingo language learning and a puzzle at lunch time. Ihave had 3x10 minute walks and will get another 45 minute walk now. The exercises can wait until this evening.
    Normal work days will take more effort! On Monday, I had a free day and I started late on Tuesday, so was able to do the full routine.
  • pamelar25
    pamelar25 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Yesterday and today it's just rained most of the day here and I have no energy. I did get 15 mins. of yoga in both yesterday and today's schedule, but no going outside. I got all my water in though and tomorrow's going to be nice and no rain so I'll get my walks in tomorrow for sure. I say walks because on Monday I got outside and walked twice a half hour each time. Hoping to form a better plan starting next Tuesday and write out a time frame for my morning routine to you all. Hope tomorrow's good to all of you.😎

• BodyTalking
    Options
    @pamelaromanczuk25 well done on doing some yoga. The weather really does affect what we get done, doesn't it? It's stotmy outside just now and I don't think I'll get much sleep. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's not so bad in the morning.
    Enjoy the better weather ☀️

My tiny habits morning routine:
    I completed it in the evening, so am feeling quite pleased that I didn't just let it slide today.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,803 Member
    Options
    I was just admiring @77tes 's tracker this afternoon/evening and it's amazing the tiny details there are. <3<3
    I only wish the birds were more like my purple martins. I also enjoyed the "vacation - no regrets" sign.

This is my second week back in the office full time and as I expected I am having to redo and rethink some of my routines in order to be more organized and less stressed with new time constraints.

The morning "routines" listed earlier in the thread (tiny habits morning routines) could actually read like a time study. For me when I decide to record my detailed actions for a morning or afternoon or such , I look for ways and things which are not value added, but I spend time on them which could be better used for other things. So for instance in the evenings now I do my cat flea combing while watching some TV instead of playing Candy crush. They definitely enjoy it and I believe there will be NO infestation requiring strong action as there was last year.

I spent a lot of time on Sun doing meal prep for the week and planning how I was going to handle things. That got me thru today. I figure I can survive Thursday and Fri just preparing the meal at the time of the meal. I ended up getting up 15 minutes earlier as my backwards planning said in order to actually get in to the office by a certain time and still get my runs in that would work. It is also not a huge change. Going in to the office is much less efficient but the benefits of being "face to face" with co workers is quite clear. Even masked. I just wish it would be a bit more flexible but I could understand wanting folks there 100% so that the expectation of actually being able to visit people at their desk would be greater,

I am leaving work a bit earlier as I discovered traffic to get to the barn after work was much lighter if I kept my departure from home time the same. I don't know if that's an issue but I didn't ask either. Just decided that I would set the expectation from the start that I left at a certain time and that would be that.

• BodyTalking
    Options
    I got all the steps of my morning routine done, but some had to wait until lunchtime.
    I didn't really have breakfast - I ate a mandarin on the way to the underground and a banana when walking from the bus to work, then, an oat biscuit with a glass of water when I arrived.
    When I got home after lunch, I deleted emails, did today's Duolingo practice and a BlokuDoku puzzle and grabbed a 15 minute nap.
    I'll get 10 minutes on the exercise bike and do today's Darebee exercises before starting work again.
    This evening, I'll be working on some stained glass and will go for a walk after dinner. The sun has come out and the air is fresher after the thunderstorm last night, so a walk in the park should be nice.
    I'll be working from home all day tomorrow, so will take some time to think of a routine not to procrastinate or get lazy on such days. Tips on this are welcome ☺️
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Yesterday and today it's just rained most of the day here and I have no energy. I did get 15 mins. of yoga in both yesterday and today's schedule, but no going outside. I got all my water in though and tomorrow's going to be nice and no rain so I'll get my walks in tomorrow for sure. I say walks because on Monday I got outside and walked twice a half hour each time. Hoping to form a better plan starting next Tuesday and write out a time frame for my morning routine to you all. Hope tomorrow's good to all of you.😎

Hey @pamelaromanczuk25 !
    I began walking when an esteemed doctor told me to walk 10K steps *every* day for the rest of my life. It rains here in Northern California, so I had to figure this out.

Things that helped:
    Wet weather gear including pants for really windy AND rainy days. Sturdy umbrellas, gloves. A face covering.

Pre-covid I joined a gym- perfect for rainy days!! But no longer an option for me.

What I’m considering is an indoor treadmill or equivalent- I’ve never been a fan.

However, I don’t mind rain, but I do hate temps over 83 degrees & UV exposure as I’m susceptible to the latter because of meds
    So a treadmill would allow me to get some of the benefits from the gym: a fan blowing on me, can walk any time safely, etc.

If I don’t get a treadmill, I’ll have to become an early riser so I get my walk in before the heat/UV.

It’s all about creative problem solving!

Best,
    🌸Maddie
  • pamelar25
    pamelar25 Posts: 197 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    So today's been cloudy and wet again so no going out for a walk. It's still raining here and for the rest of the next week! But I got my yoga in again today and relaxed with some stretches and meditation. Water intake a ☑️ so I'm going say an okay day. Tomorrow's plan get up early before it rains and walk? Hopefully it stops just enough early tomorrow to do so. Hoping everyone's having a good day.

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    I got all the steps of my morning routine done, but some had to wait until lunchtime.
    I didn't really have breakfast - I ate a mandarin on the way to the underground and a banana when walking from the bus to work, then, an oat biscuit with a glass of water when I arrived.
    When I got home after lunch, I deleted emails, did today's Duolingo practice and a BlokuDoku puzzle and grabbed a 15 minute nap.
    I'll get 10 minutes on the exercise bike and do today's Darebee exercises before starting work again.
    This evening, I'll be working on some stained glass and will go for a walk after dinner. The sun has come out and the air is fresher after the thunderstorm last night, so a walk in the park should be nice.
    I'll be working from home all day tomorrow, so will take some time to think of a routine not to procrastinate or get lazy on such days. Tips on this are welcome ☺️

@BodyTalking

I read an article like the one posted below, which helped me figure out my own brand of procrastination!

https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newHTE_96.htm

The technique I came up with & use most often:

“Just do 5 (10) (15) minutes, and if you want to stop, you can.

Rewrite to-do list by category & most important to least. Break most important task into sections with actionable steps. Spend 15 mins each day on the actionable steps. Works great!

Toss/return 15 items to where it belongs. Works great

For some LARGE home repair jobs, I realized I was worried about:
    1) being ripped off
    2) not making the right decisions
    3) expense

I now tell myself: “it’s time. You are smart & you can research. You can find reputable companies & decide on best solution. Don’t worry about the cost after you have quotes; you’ve barely spent anything on tasks like this& lived here a long time. It’s time. Do your homework, decide, and get it done.”

For work procrastination…
    I started my work window with a Virtual mtg with my team. When working on big, mentally-demanding task, I used Pomodoro … I did 25 minutes work, 5 min stretch break, repeat.

I set things I really wanted to do for the time of the end of my work day so I kept at it.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    I was just admiring @77tes 's tracker this afternoon/evening and it's amazing the tiny details there are. <3<3
    I only wish the birds were more like my purple martins. I also enjoyed the "vacation - no regrets" sign.

This is my second week back in the office full time and as I expected I am having to redo and rethink some of my routines in order to be more organized and less stressed with new time constraints.

The morning "routines" listed earlier in the thread (tiny habits morning routines) could actually read like a time study. For me when I decide to record my detailed actions for a morning or afternoon or such , I look for ways and things which are not value added, but I spend time on them which could be better used for other things. So for instance in the evenings now I do my cat flea combing while watching some TV instead of playing Candy crush. They definitely enjoy it and I believe there will be NO infestation requiring strong action as there was last year.

I spent a lot of time on Sun doing meal prep for the week and planning how I was going to handle things. That got me thru today. I figure I can survive Thursday and Fri just preparing the meal at the time of the meal. I ended up getting up 15 minutes earlier as my backwards planning said in order to actually get in to the office by a certain time and still get my runs in that would work. It is also not a huge change. Going in to the office is much less efficient but the benefits of being "face to face" with co workers is quite clear. Even masked. I just wish it would be a bit more flexible but I could understand wanting folks there 100% so that the expectation of actually being able to visit people at their desk would be greater,

I am leaving work a bit earlier as I discovered traffic to get to the barn after work was much lighter if I kept my departure from home time the same. I don't know if that's an issue but I didn't ask either. Just decided that I would set the expectation from the start that I left at a certain time and that would be that.

AWESOME navigating very different weekdays, @SummerSkier! Awesome approaches! #You’veGotThis!

I have also hit on the Symbiotic Habits (as I call them LOL) these past few weeks. Today, I put clean laundry in piles as I massaged my lower body with my Hypervolt.

I check my phone messages while rolling bottoms of feet in golf ball.

I have my free wts in kitchen & lift them as I’m toasting or microwaving foods.

I often do my daily art practice while on a phone call or listening/watching a ZOOM call.

I listen to my textile arts teachers Q&A videos on my walks.

I’m planning to think of more of these!

And Congratulations again on proactively insuring your success!

🌸Maddie
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    Thank you @MadisonMolly2017 I'll read the article in the morning (in bed now).

I will try the 5/10/15 minute approach because a little is better than nothing.

I did take a look at Pomodoro last year and even took time to make up my own daily and weekly diary. I soon found that it took too much time to plan and my job doesn't allow for the intervals (I teach English as a second language in students' work places and homes). For most of the past year, I've been sitting in front of the computer for days on end. I went back to seeing them, in person, this month.

I also sell my craft work online and should be able to implement a better plan of action for that. In reality, I end up having to deal with procraftination 🤪

I think I, mentally, burned out with all I was trying to do and decided to only do the craft work when I got an order and forget about learning how to attract more customers. I, instead, turned to playing some app games to 'switch oif' and refocus. These are things I can stop on a whim and have only stuck with a couple that I can pop into for a short mind break.

As for my morning routine today, I was shattered when I woke up and eventually got up 10 minutes before my first online lesson 😅 I did complete the list later in the day though.

Tomorrow is a new day 💤
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    I got all the elements of my tiny habits morning routine done today but some were done this afternoon. I think I'll split it into 'definitely able to do every morning' and create a separate routine that can be done at any time of the day.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,803 Member
    Options
    @BodyTalking you are really doing well. Part of learning new habits is being flexible and seeing when things are NOT working and adjusting. As long as you are still paying attention you will eventually be where you want to be.

@MadisonMolly2017 I like the idea of symbiotic habits. Quite an important point. Not only do we have
    "after A. I will do B" as far as learning to implement new things but now we also can think of "while I am doing A, I can also do B".

So week 2 in the office done. It was somewhat more familiar to me but I was not happy that I did not get as much fruit as I wanted. So... grocery shopping today and then prepping containers of fruit for the week should help. Tomorrow will be meal veggie prep for lunches for a few days also as having 4 ready made lunches really reduced my stress level.

There is definitely a SHIFT in my habits now and I don't feel that I have extra time at ALL to add things. It is SO HOT and HUMID that I might think about getting up 15 more minutes earlier just so it is darker when I run. I do have a new boss since last year and I have to say that he is not really very impressive to me. Someone told him that the go to phrase for his subordinates is "let me know if I can help in any way" and he uses that in response to almost EVERY thing I push to him for information purposes. I cringe now whenever he says it. Eventually I will laugh but right now it's just a :# feeling. I do miss my old boss so much who actually DID know how to manage people. Having been a manager myself for many years I see his mistakes clearly but I will just let that go.

Just jabbering a little. Hope everyone is doing OK on their month. I haven't even THOUGHT about a tree pose for the past 2 weeks... Sigh.

Summer
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    okay...I have determined that I need to rethink my mini habit chain I planned the other day.

It just didn't flow as naturally as I like because there is some inconsistency in the structure of my evenings...I will have to think on this a bit.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    @PKM0515 I LOVE your kitties! More pictures???

@themedalist I put Good Habits, Bad Habits back on hold so I will be able to finish listening to it when it's available. I always appreciate book recommendations. Thanks for the virtual walk link. I use one for bike rides and it sure makes the trip more fun! I hope your parents are doing OK. It's hard to see them decline in their health.

@SummerSkier Glad to hear your blood test results came out well. You've encouraged me to get back into eating more oatmeal again. I kinda burned myself out on that with that being my daily habit a couple of months ago. I found a brand called Kodiak that has 12 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber so I can have 2 wins in one meal. How's the meal prep going? I love cherries and get the frozen ones to put in vanilla yogurt for an afternoon snack. Again, fiber and protein and the biggest plus ... YUMMY!!

Hello to everyone else and congrats on your efforts to keep the habits growing.

My tiny habit this month of accountability is at 89.9% because I missed 3 days this month. I found having a change in routine throws just about everything normal out the window :o . Something I probably need to work on :D Previous habit formation of taking pills daily (79.3%) is pretty well developed, so next month I will be choosing one thing on my habit development wish list to focus on.
    Meditation had been consistent for the first 2 weeks and I noticed a definite change in myself because of it. However, I chose to let things distract me and only have a 50% on that. The changes have stuck and I'm feeling much more centered. Maybe it's also because of my choice of books since I started working on a mindfulness habit back in April and meditation in mid-May. Whatever it is, I like it!

I got back yesterday afternoon from a 3 day escape from reality trip. Spent lots of time long-distance driving <3 , going to a quilt show, stopping at every available quilt shop in the area, finding lots of parks to do some birding and just hanging out, and ended by going to my granddaughter's softball tournament. Now that I am energized and have lots of new ideas (including several books on mosaic and embroidery patterns, and a new applique pattern and a table runner), I need to get started, or continue, on my projects at home. So many ideas, so little time :D