What are you reading

Options

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,373 Member
    Options
    I just finished Edge of Belonging by Amanda Cox. So good. I want to read her next one but it isn't on KU.
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,347 Member
    Options
    I finished the second book in the Hallee Bridgeman series, very good. Going to start book 3 tonight.

Still working on the others.
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    Right now I am listening to AUTHENTICALLY, IZZY by Pepper Basham. I usually really enjoy her books, this this one is mainly email and messages. I am really not of fan, but the book is moving along at bedtime. It is about a gal that subscribes to a dating site, so some of the messages are from the site and some are to/from family members.

I am also reading a Christmas Anthology.
    Destination Christmas anthology - KU
    KISS ME ON CHRISTMAS by Sarah Monzon - I liked this one best, so far. It is about a single woman with a high functioning Autistic son.
    CHRISTMAS CAMP by Cathe Swanson -
    NOT ANOTHER CHRISTMAS by Jaycee Weaver - current
    The hearts of new Cheltenham by Chautona Havig -
  • cmsienk
    Options
    A Heart Of Stone by Lyn Cote. Almost finished
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Read more in RECRUIT OF TALIONIS, a fantasy.

Finished DEADLY INTENT by Christy Barritt, book 4 in Vanishing Ranch series. Wow, verying good.

Still working on the others I was reading.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Kim - I just finished HIGH STAKES DECEPTION by Christy Barritt (Vanishing Ranch 6). I am really enjoying this series.

I also finished CONCRETE EVIDENCE by DiAnn Mills (susp) - her newest.

Currently I am reading a light cowboy romance by Hannah Jo Abbott. I needed a bit lighter book. I have read a few of her novellas that were included in anthologies, but this is the first series I have started by her.

Still working on Authentically, Izzy by Pepper Basham. It's good, but just not a format that I love.
  • connierandel
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I enjoyed AUTHENTICALLY, IZZY. It finally got to more story than email.

Currently I am listening to the last book in the Faith on the Home Front series by Penelope Stokes. This last book is REMEMBERING YOU. It is a long book, but is tying up all of the loose ends of the series. It is a very good WW2 series.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I am on the third book of the Hallee Bridgeman series and not liking it as much as the first two. I'm sure it will get more intense pretty soon, but it just feels like it is slogging along so far.

Still reading the RECRUIT OF TALIONIS story, so far it's been quite good.

Friends were telling me about a TV streaming station Enjoy that is like VidAngel - it takes out the bad stuff in TV shows and movies. You do pay, I think it was $5.99 a month. We had VidAngel for awhile, but the shows I wanted to watch weren't on there or I had to pay for netflix as well. This one seems to have the shows that I've been wanting to watch again but haven't been able to because they do have cussing in them. We ordered a new Amazon Fire stick to stream it through, so when that comes we'll sign up for it.

Hope y'all found some good deals on Black Friday and now Cyber Monday. I've found some good book ones on that site I linked in the free books thread. They are still doing their black Friday.

Love y'all.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Currently I am reading Happily Ever Amish by Shelley Shepard Gray. This is her newest book and came up on libby. It's pretty good, but I keep letting my mind wander.

I finished an anthology of Christmas stories that were set in castles. I really only liked two out of the 6 books. Oh well, it was KU: Keeping Christmas Volume One. I know I won't be checking out volume 2.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Sigh, still working on the same books. I haven't been spending as much time reading as I used to.

• cmsienk
    Options
    I also haven't been reading much lately. I started something but can't remember the name of it (or the author, or even what it's about)
  • connierandel
    Options
    I haven't been "reading" much at all, but I almost always have a book going in my ear...either text-to-voice or audiobook.

Current:
    A CHRISTMAS MEMORY by Richard Paul Evans - his books are sometimes listed under Christian, but I think he is actually Morman. His beliefs aren't really obvious in his books.

Finished:
    THE WAY OF WOMEN by Lauraine Snelling (Mt. St. Helens) - older book, but really a hard subject
    A GINGERBREAD ROMANCE by Lacey Baker (Hallmark) - really cute
    THE CHRISTMAS HOPE by Donna Vanliere (Christmas) - very good

Christmas in Garland series:
    PROJECT SCROOGE by A M Heath (romance) KU
    THE ENGAGEMENT COVER by A M Heath (romance)
    IT CAME UPON A MIDNIGHT CLEAR by A M Heath (romance) KU - These were fairly short easy to read books and I really enjoyed them.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I started a book from Hoopla: WHEN THE DAY COMES by Gabrielle Meyer. This is about a young woman who lives in two times, 1774 Williamsburg and 1914 New York City. I've just started it and she is still in Williamsburg. She has been this way since birth. When she goes to sleep in one place, she wakes in the other with no time lost. So far it's been good.

I tried a couple of the freebies I got, but one was very teenagerish and the other had a cuss word right near the beginning, so no loss. I deleted them. I started a re-read called MECHANICAL HEART, it's a steampunk type fantasy and so far I re-like it!

• connierandel
    Options
    Kim - That was my #2 book of the year! I totally loved it. The second is due to come out in May and she lives in 3 times. I can't wait!

Just in case anyone is interested, here is my top list of books for the year.
    Wow books:
    THE EXTRAORDINARY DEATHS OF MRS KIP by Sara Brunsvold - libby 5++*
    WHEN THE DAY COMES by Gabrielle Meyer (time travel) libby 5++
    IN SEARCH OF A PRINCE by Toni Shiloh (royalty) Scribd 5++* totally amazing narrator.
    TO WIN A PRINCE by Toni Shiloh (romance) Libby 5+* - amazing narrator
    LONG WAY HOME by Lynn Austin (WW2) hoopla 5+*
    LOOKING FOR LEROY by Melody Carlson (romance) libby 5+*
    MRS WITHERSPOON GOES TO WAR by Mary Davis (WW2) hoopla 5+*
    WORDS by Ginny L. Yttrup (women’s fiction #69) 5+*
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I am really enjoying it, Connie. She's gone forward to 1914 and, o boy, what a mama! I keep hoping Henry is a time-walker and 1914 is his other time! Not likely, but...
  • connierandel
    Options
    I have been listening to a bunch of Hallmark books. Most of them are 100% clean, but once in a while there will be a book with what I call limited light slang. Since they are not considered Christian fiction, it is not surprising to me. I have also been listening to Donna VanLiere Christmas books. They have a Christian influence and great story, but some words here and there that make me cringe - because they are Christian. Confusing to me.

Currently, I am reading the new anthology by Susan May Warren and three of the authors she has mentored: ONCE UPON A WINTER WONDERLAND.
  • cmsienk
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I'm reading a series by Lyn Cote: Opposites Attract. I just finished book 1 - Only Her Heart. Starting book 2 in a few minutes - The Heart Hopes.
  • connierandel
    Options
    I finished STAY WITH ME by Jody Hedlund (time travel) - part of her Waters Of Time series. I really enjoyed the first two in the series, but this was too much steam. I think I am about done with her books unless they are older. The last two new releases, in two totally different genres were more steam than story.

I also finished ON MY HONOR by Patty Smith Hall (Heroines of WW2) and it was so good. It was about a girl scout leader and her troop on the East Coast during WW2.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Still working on The Heart Hopes - book 2 in the Lyn Cote: Opposites Attract series.. I enjoyed the first one and this is also good. It's only loosely connected to the first one through one ancillary character from the first story.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Connie, I didn't finish the second Jody Hedlund time travel book because it was a bit more steam than I am comfortable with. I'm with you, unless it changes a lot I won't be reading anything else by her.

I started FIRMAMENT: RADIALLOY by J Grace Pennington. It's a sci-fi type story and very good so far.
    I finished a re-read of a K M Shea fairy tale re-telling, still very good.
    I have started and finished several but having trouble getting into or staying into them. I read some more in the third Hallee Bridgeman military series and last night it was pretty good, so will probably continue with it. I've struggled to stay into this one.

I need to finish the one from the Christy Barritt Ranch series too!