Chat

Options

Replies

• connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    I contacted AARP and tried to schedule a time for remote help on mom's taxes. I got a reply that they aren't offering the remote in our area and I need to schedule an in person appointment. Aarg. I didn't want to have to get Mom out to do them. Now I have to look at when I can get an appointment.
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Carole, we just finished doing our taxes on Turbo Tax. Took a little over an hour to do it, so not too bad.
    I had used STREAMS IN THE DESERT years ago. I always like that one. I also have used the MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST devotional. Right now I am using one called DAILY LIGHT: MORNING AND EVENING by Thomas Nelson. It's been around for a long time. Our pastor used it when he was in Bible College around 50 years ago! I have it on my Kindle. It is just Bible verses. He gives the whole verse or part of a verse and then at the end gives the passages that the verses come from, all on a similar topic.

• connierandel
    Options
    I tried to get an appointment for remote help from AARP for Mom's taxes and they said they don't offer it in our area. So...AARP does taxes for free through several libraries, churches and civic centers in the area. I started trying to get mom an in person appointment and the three closest options were already full for the year. I finally found her an appointment about 25 minutes away, and the soonest appointment was April 8th. The 25 minutes is fine, it's close to the girls, so we might see if they want to meet for an early lunch.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,369 Member
    edited February 21
    Options
    Today is our 35th wedding anniversary. 🥰 Going out for dinner tonight, but otherwise - a quiet day here
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Congratulations, Cindy! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Woohoo, 35 years! Awesome!

I would appreciate your prayers for Wade, he is having a biopsy tomorrow. The last one he had was negative so we are hoping for another negative! Thank you!
  • connierandel
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Cindy! Enjoy.

Saying a prayer that all goes well for Wade.
  • cmsienk
    edited February 22
    Options
    Praying for a good report for Wade.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Thanks, Connie! Appreciate the prayers.

Wow, 37 When I got up this morning. It's up to 48 right now! I sure hope Spring isn't too far off! LOL!

Wade and I are loving the chickens next door. They just recently started letting them free-range and they will come into our yard to eat some bugs - Go Chickens! They are just so funny! We think that one of their Silkies is a rooster, he likes to crow in the morning, and sometimes even in the afternoon - but then I learned even the Silkie hens will crow!

I have a question: have any of you used a palm scrubber for the dishes. Wade's not liking the sponges any more and we are looking at the ones with a wooden knob and sisal bristles. Any suggestions?

Love y'all.
  • connierandel
    Options
    It was an absolutely gorgeous day in Kansas. At 1pm it was 66. I imagine it got up to 70. I had a dentist's appointment and they had a window open at the dentist. I got a good report, so that's good.

Bill had a little issue this afternoon, causing a complete bath, change of clothes from the inside out, removing the protective pad from the wheelchair, two protective covers from the recliner, and laundry. I started to pull his t-shirt over his head and he even wound up with a mess in his hair. I was at the point of laugh or cry and I started laughing. I think Bill was really confused about my laughter! That's the first time that has happened. He said that he felt fine and ate a big dinner, so I don't think he was sick. I just hope it doesn't happen in bed tonight. Whew! I finally got everything out of the washer and dryer and put back together.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Oh no! It's so hard when they lose control over those functions! I'm so glad you could laugh. You continue in my prayers.

Doing alright. Having quite a bit of arthritis pain in my left hand - and I can't find my left compression glove - boohoo! I have thumb protection and even a thumb brace, but that limits my movement - but, it does work so I will go with that one until I can find the glove! LOL!

Have a beautiful day. Love y'all.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Good day today, except my BIL doesn't feel well. Say a prayer for him.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Praying, Connie!

Had a headache this morning, the first one in a month. I'm praising the Lord for that. The migraine meds worked quickly!
  • pianolady831
    pianolady831 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Kim, any news on Wade's biopsy? I've been praying for him.

Connie, being able to laugh during Bill's episode is a blessing! Dwight had problems like that while in hospital/rehab, but only once after he came home. He had a catheter most of the time, so his were diarrhea. I won't deny that it was hard. With him so weak, I wasn't sure how long I would be able to care for him myself, but we managed. I was thankful he had two weeks at home. Prayers for your BIL too, Connie.

Cindy, congratulations on 35 years! I pray you have many more anniversaries to celebrate.

I played piano with a small string group this morning and it was so much fun. I could just play in the background and ad lib. I saw some daffodils in a yard close to me, so spring isn't far away. It's been cold this weekend, but 73 is predicted on Wednesday!
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Carole, we haven't gotten the results yet. He had this done about six months ago. His numbers were more elevated this time, so his doctor wanted a biopsy. He said that some men just have high numbers and it never turns to cancer, but always best to know for sure. I'll let y'all know what we find out. We are expecting good news!

Was able to sing for morning worship, what a blessing. It was a song a friend and I wrote in 1982 called ONE STEP AT A TIME; that friend is still with us 44 years later! She's written A LOT of songs and has the music on CD - she played the piano, the guitar, the trumpet, and laid down the harmonies! She shared of one her songs too, MORE OF JESUS. Such an awesome time of worship yesterday.

We have a family that's been with us on Zoom, living in Va near his elderly parents. With Dad's blessing, they will be moving to within an hour of us and able to be at worship in person! Woohoo. They too have been with us for a little better than 40 years!

Cindy, I forgot to mention in the WHAT ARE YOU READING thread, but it drives me nuts coming across something that an editor has no excuse for missing. One of the most common is using past when they mean passed! I've looked into doing editing as a job, but unless I can find clean documents or books to edit, I wouldn't want to do it; and even in the "Christian" realm, you find bad language or too lustful or even sexual stories. We'll try to figure out something else.
  • connierandel
    edited February 27
    Options
    Just hopping on to ask for.prayer for Kip. I got Bills daughter to come and stay with Bill today and took him to the ER. They kept him and are running a bunch of tests. First a kidney panel to see if the dye from a heart cath is going to cause significant problems with his CKD. Then the heart cath because his heart enzymes were over 1000 and are supposed to be about 15. He also showed significant heart valve damage in the echocardiogram. Then after they get his heart checked out they are doing a GI to try to find out about some rectal bleeding. He needs prayer, and he needs God.
  • cmsienk
    edited February 27
    Options
    Praying that Kip will turn to God and that the Lord will touch his body. Good night, Connie. I hope you get rest tonight
  • cmsienk
    edited February 27
    Options
    Dave is out talking to a lawn guy about cutting our lawn this summer. Dave's work picked up 2 years ago - from July thru November. It's possible that could double this next summer/fall and I told him I can't be in charge of the lawn. We're on 10 acres and he mows maybe 2 to 2 1/2 acres. We have a small hill in the back and a much larger hill in the front. Years ago I tried mowing the lawn when Dave was out of town for a week. Those hills are just too scary for me.

I got a recommendation for a lawn service from a friend at church. Dave called him, but he lives too far away and didn't service our area. So this young man was a recommendation from the first guy. Praying that he's a good guy (we're not telling him Dave will be out of town, just really busy with work, but still, he'll be dealing mostly with me) with reasonable rates
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Connie, praying as Cindy is, for Kip's soul and body. Wow, so much needs tending! Praying, always, for you as well.

Cindy, I hope you are able to find an honest hardworking guy to do the lawn! I never had to mow the lawn. I had a sister and brother who liked to do it when I was young, and then my husband has always done ours. A year ago we got a riding mower because we have our lawn mowed as well as our Pastor's. Now, one of his grandsons is doing the his lawn and the area around the building we meet in.

We've had a little deer coming into the yard the last few days. Once he/she was with a little bit older deer, not sure if it was a sibling or its mama! Another time there were four of them out there. I love where we live!!! Haven't seen the bear (on the trail cams) for a little while, but I think about him when I am walking back to the house after a worship service at night. Wade is usually with me though, so he says he'll protect me!

Have a wonderful day, y'all. Connie, if you are able, please let us know how Kip is doing. Let him know that we are praying for him.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Okay, I have a few minutes so I will try to update.

Kip has a very bad heart valve, congestive heart failure, stage 4 CKD and GI bleeding. The were supposed to do testing most of the day today to get to the bottom of the heart and GI issues. During the evening yesterday, he took a bad turn to the worse and couldn't breathe. They wanted to put him on a ventilator and go ahead with the Heart Cath and hopefully be able to stent or at least know further problems. He declined to be vented. They didn't expect him to live through the night and this morning was in very critical condition. They called in the family, but he did make some progress during the day. He as refused treatment and they are wanting to release him to come home to hospice. Since I have my hands full, he cannot come "home". His son and daughter-in -law are trying to take him back to Oklahoma with them, but aren't sure about the travel. They are trying to find out if they can get it paid by Medicare to move by Ambulance. Right now things are rather up in the air, but the kids are trying to handle all of it. They are here and staying in his apartment tonight. The daughter (who couldn't get a flight today and is coming in tomorrow morning) said that Jr wanted me to pack up all of Kips clothes for them, so I worked on that all afternoon. That wasn't even what Jr wanted. He wanted her to let us know that he was going to pack up his clothes. Anyway, there was a huge head start! His son said that he was in really good spirits and knew everything going on.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I prayed for Kip again Connie - while I was driving to my nail appointment. Praying he'll realize just how much he needs God and for the comfort that comes from knowing Him