What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Options

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,347 Member
    Options
    We had Chicken Casserole for lunch with cornbread dressing on top - yummers. Not healthy really, but so good and super easy. I'm going to try and do some house walking today and add around 500 extra steps. I have a long and short circuit in the house. The long one means a couple of sharp turns and those hurt my back, but the shorter one also meals I can walk faster! So will probably do that one.

Have an awesome day!
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    The chicken casserole sounds good. I can't do the canned chicken, the soup (but I have a recipe to make it without salt) or the stove-top. I used to always make my own dressing so I could probably do that again, but would probably just make a big pan of dressing and use left-overs for the casserole.

I fixed a roast off of a pork tenderloin tonight. I fixed potatoes for Bill and Kip and I had rice. I am taking the left over roast the veggies and gravy and making a stew for tomorrow after church.

Staying on track with 16/8, avoiding sugar, being much more careful on eating, but have gained a half pound this week. Oh well...I will just have to be a bit more diet diligent.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Went to the dentist today. Hopefully, I can keep from any more cavities. I hope that as I get older this isn't going to be a trend! LOL!

Not sure how the rest of today is going to go, but so far eating well.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Yesterday was a bust. I did keep to my 16/8, but oh my, the sweets. Anyway, today is back to business.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,373 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Can this count as healthy even though there was plenty of butter used? Hibachi chicken with vegetable fried rice that Dave made on his Father's Day griddle...
    swhg83x39aff.jpg
  • connierandel
    Options
    Oh my, that looks so good!

I stayed in my 16/8. I did make biscuits and gravy for dinner, though. I did have one with some sugar free jam, too...it is rare that I want anything fruit. I need to figure out some type of exercise routine that I can do in the living room while watching Bill. I used to do a sitting exercise routine that was pretty intense through sparkpeople. I need to see if I can find similar video.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Even though a lot of butter was used overall, your part shouldn't be that much! It looks sooo yummy! One of these days Wade is going to get his griddle out and start using it, but it's too hot right now to be cooking outside!

We made some fig jam that has just a small amount of sugar in it. Four jars we did has 1/4 C sugar and 1/4 C honey. Wade doesn't like the taste of the honey, so he did the second four jar batch with 1/2 C sugar. I don't like figs, but this jam is pretty good! We'll be eating on that for awhile. My friend made some plum jam from her plum tree that was quite good, but I think I like the cherry jam best of all! I make a PBJ wrap using my sweet potato wraps or my chia seed and flax wraps. The veggie wraps tastes like lettuce so I don't think that one would work for a PB and J!

• cmsienk
    Options
    I was pretty sedentary today, but I'm walking with Beth in the morning. Hoping to get that in before it gets too hot
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Just got back from walking with Beth. Today we walked 3.5 miles (almost 7,500 steps). We had a nice visit, drank some coffee and she sent me home with eggs from her chickens. 🐔🥚😊
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Took a short walk today, got distracted but will do some more when I get done here! LOL!
  • connierandel
    Options
    Oops! Sugary treat dessert!
  • cmsienk
    edited July 2023
    Options
    We had breakfast for dinner last night. Dave made bacon, hash browns and pancakes (two kinds: Bisquick for him, grain free for me). As much as he's enjoying his new griddle, I think he's realized that being the cook isn't all is cracked up to be. He tried to "gift" it to me the other day. Lol.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Found out at my doctor's visit that my scale was 5.5 lbs heavier! I like that. I'm at 234, not 239! Woohoo! Other than not being able to anything about my pain because my stomach can't take the meds, I'm doing alright. Once I get on Medicare we will do some testing to see where we presently are with my stomach and my back.

That's funny, Cindy! They make it look so easy, but just getting the griddle ready and then having to care for it after each use is a time-consumer!

I might have 3,000 steps by the end of the day. I have just over 2800 right now, so not so bad on steps today.
  • cmsienk
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Just came back in from cutting back some of the many multiflora (wild) rose bushes we have along the driveway. I'm going to have to tackle them in the fall, but wanted to get a head start. They choke out everything and have really gotten out of control. I didn't take my phone, so I have no idea how many steps I got in, but I was out there for about an hour and definitely broke a sweat.

More hibachi for dinner tonight. Our oldest daughter is coming to pick berries and staying for dinner. Dad's going to make steak and shrimp (and a little chicken). Should be good!
  • cmsienk
    Options
    No candy for the past 3 days. Not saying 'no sweets' because I had strawberry yogurt Gelato 2 days ago, but it's a start. Sourdough toast for breakfast. Leftover chicken fried rice for lunch. Planning on burgers for dinner
  • connierandel
    Options
    I have just been bad. I need to get back on track........
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Oh dear, I have over 3,000 steps and my back knows it well. I had more trouble with the pain in my right upper leg today than I have ever had! I'm walking like a little 90-year-old woman right now. I am going to have to figure out what to do for my right SI joint, I think that is what is causing all the pain. I haven't been eating badly, just taking that occasional treat now and again.
  • cmsienk
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better, Kim. I'm at 1,952 steps so far today and probably won't get too many more. I'm making meatloaf, hash browns and peas for dinner after having only a lemon yogurt for lunch. I'm so hungry!
  • cmsienk
    Options
    More hibachi on the new griddle for dinner tonight. Our youngest daughter, her husband and our grandson are coming for dinner. Dave will do shrimp and dumpling appetizers and there'll be vegetable fried rice again. Tonight's protein is strip steak and chicken thighs
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Sounds yummy!

It's Wade's birthday today. His mom always made him a pineapple upside-down cake for his birthday so we tackled it today. We haven't turned it over yet, but we used pineapple tidbits instead of the rings and cut up the cherries so they would be more widespread. Cutting through the rings was always hard to do, especially with your fork, so we thought we would give this a try - more pineapple too! Mom made me a lemonade cake, but my favorite is a cheesecake! So today I will be eating upside-down cake! The rest of my eating will be healthy though. We are going out to eat for dinner tomorrow night with good friends - Longhorn Steakhouse probably!

Praise the Lord, no headache this morning and my pain levels are back to normal. God is good!