What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Options

Replies

• connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    I have been sooooo very bad for the last couple of months. I am trying to get myself in the right mind-set to go back to healthy eating after the first of the year. I'm just running so many directions that I need to figure out timing, and meals that all three of us can eat.
  • pianolady831
    pianolady831 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    We're all works in progress, Cindy! Coffee and peanut butter cookies sounds good, though.

Today was sunny, so I got a good walk in. There's a 37% chance of snow tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I lost one pound being sick! Boohoo! Starting on Jan 2 there will be changes and I am going to work harder at getting off the weight I can get off and not stress about what I can't. I need to be more faithful to caring for my lymphedema as well.
  • connierandel
    Options
    I have tried to figure out how I am going to work healthy eating into my schedule and cooking. I think I will start with trying a 9/15 fast. I would have a really difficult time with the 8/16 right now, but I think the 9 hours will work with my schedule. I'm not sure how to work healthy for me foods into the guys' diets. Right now we are eating so much softer food an no beef for Bill. Very low potassium for Kip, so no potatoes, beans, whole grains, tomatoes or sugar for Kip. No processed meats for either.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Oh wow, you are amazing being able to keep all of that together, Connie! My neighbor's husband has diabetes so she ends up cooking two meals, one for herself and one for him. It's just the two of them so it isn't as hard. She prepares some things ahead of time too. She does the THM diet, so there are quite a few things that overlap for them as well.

I am going back to no treats except for Saturday and Sunday. I am also going to try and up my steps - back to 2,000-2,500 a day and see how my back takes that. I want to get up every two hours and do a couple hundred steps, which means I need to set my timer! I'm starting with that and will add as things become easy.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,370 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try and eat lower carbs... not no carb or Keto... just keeping an eye on the overall carbs I'm ingesting. This morning for brunch I had 2 hardboiled eggs and 2 small squares of cheese (2x2), and, of course, coffee. 😁
  • cmsienk
    edited January 7
    Options
    15 minutes of stretching in my room last night and 11,842 steps today
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I ended yesterday with 7,197 steps. And my eating was pretty healthy too
  • connierandel
    Options
    I have been doing fairly well staying with an 8/16 fast. Sunday, I did 8.5. I haven't changed my diet very much, but the reduced hours of eating have limited my evening unhealthy grazing. We have been doing PT exercises almost every night and I am walking the steps at mom's apartment.
  • cmsienk
    edited January 9
    Options
    Headed home today. My steps this week diminished each day as I got closer to the program happening: Sunday 11,885, Monday 7,197, Tuesday 5,315 (shy of my 6,000 step/day goal). Since I'll be in the air for 4ish hours and then driving home for another 2, I'm sure I'll be even more under today.

Lemon yogurt and a latte for breakfast. Lunch will be chicken on the plane
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I had a bison burger with havarti cheese and a small potato fried for lunch. Wade made my lunch! I need to get back to eating smoothies again for lunch. Today my smoothie will be for dinner since lunch was my big meal. Grapes for my snack. I did have a serving of White Cheddar Puff Corn - oh yummers! If you don't have those at your Wal-mart, the Utz Snow Balls are really good too! heeheehee.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Just sticking with my hours. I have just lost a few tenths of a pound, but at least the upward climb has quit.
  • pianolady831
    Options
    Kim, how does bison compare with beef? How sweet that Wade cooked for you! Does he do that often?
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Wade does most of the cooking in our house - I never seemed to get things how he liked them, and he enjoys cooking where I don't! Bison is higher in protein and lower in fat than beef, but it is dense and can tend towards dry. I think that when I get it next I will get the ground bison and make thinner burgers rather than getting the already made ones, they are just too thick and hard to cut through. It's hard to press them down flatter when they are already pressed into that form. I've seen TV chefs who had a small amount of 20/80 beef in it to give it some more moisture. But, I love the flavor, it tends towards gamey and I like that.

Having a bit of a down turn in health today. Coughing more and very tired even though I got a good nights sleep. Wade is feeling a bit worse today as well. Unless I feel tomorrow like I felt the past two days, I won't be going to church again! :'( I am going to rest a lot and take meds and see how it goes. I'm hoping it's because the infection is breaking up and the gunk is clearing out!

Hope all is going well in your homes! Prayers and love!
  • cmsienk
    Options
    6,472 steps today
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I'm hoping that I can start walking when I am done with my antibiotics. I just want to rest until I know for sure that all this stuff is over. I will be done with my antibiotics on Wednesday night and am planning to be able to go to Bible Study! No more treats this week (well, other than three or four jelly beans per day, Wade and I share!)
  • pianolady831
    Options
    The weather warmed up enough to get out and walk, so that's what I did. I had to force myself, or else I would still be reading. And it wasn't long, but I needed to start somewhere. About 30 minutes with 2 brief visits with neighbors in their yards. So a very good afternoon!
  • cmsienk
    edited February 4
    Options
    I've been getting around 4,000 steps a day since I've been here, which really isn't too bad, since I do a lot of sitting in front of my computer when I'm out of town working

1/31 - 4,116
    2/1 - 3,832
    2/2 - 3,839
    2/3 -9,203

4,200 steps is about 2 miles
  • connierandel
    Options
    I have got to get back to some type of exercise and diet. I don't want to have to depend on Kip to watch Bill more than normal, and the "exercise room" downstairs is totally full of stuff that either didn't go back into Kips apartment after the remodel or things we had to take out of the house to make it more wheelchair accessible. Some day I will get mad at myself and get something figured out.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Honestly, Connie, I wouldn't even think about it right now. You are probably eating better than you think with the meals you are making for Kip and Bill! Taking care of someone is also very strenuous - as you know all too well. Don't sweat it, you have enough on your plate! No pun intended!

Cindy, 4,000 is a lot for me. I had 4,000 the other day and was down for a couple of days with pain in my leg and right hip and SI. The NP told me I may have arthritis in my right hip and that could be causing the leg pain - after all those steps and my hip hurting I started to believe her. I do well staying between 2500-3000!

Taking my new meds for my headaches. I hate that it is an anti-depression med used to help with migraines because I know that it's messing with my brain, but if it keeps the headaches at bay I can live with that. I figure, if it works, I won't have to stop taking it. Right now I am at the lowest dose possible and it already seems to be working. I've had twinges of headaches as well as one bad headache, but with my migraine meds it was gone in minutes rather than an hour or two! Praise the Lord for that! God is working through the medicine.

Have a very blessed day, y'all. love you