What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Options

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,370 Member
    Options
    I was up a pound this morning and I KNOW it's because I couldn't stay away from the candy here. Thank goodness - today is my last day here.
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I've been good so far this week in staying away from the sweet treats. I got around 2200 steps yesterday without doing extra walking. I'm going to try and get extra steps in today.
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    I was bad today, but not "sweets"....fast food bad.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Working on getting sweets only on the weekends. I occasionally do a couple of jelly beans - kind of a "thing" I enjoy with Wade at night. He gets a small handful and then I take two of his when he comes to bed. He did get a lemon meringue pie for this weekend, so I will enjoy a slice of that! I'm getting over 2,000 steps a day, but having a lot of back and right leg pain. I have my TENS unit on today hoping it will help.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Well, yesterday was my birthday and this weekend family from all over is coming to town for Kip's birthday. He knows some are coming, but doesn't realize how many and that there is a surprise lunch planned. In other words...no dieting for the time being. Bill's (and Kip's) sister and husband from Houston wanted to stay with us and I had to say no. That really hurt me, but it would just be too uncomfortable for everyone involved at this point. She understands, but it was hard! Unfortunately, Bill and I can't be involved in the party...but hope to visit with some of them here at the house.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Connie! I hope that you are able to enjoy your company despite not being able to be at the luncheon! Were you able to get in touch with anyone who can help you get Bill to the doctor?

Not much will be done today. Woke with another headache so need to take it easy since there are still twinges. Am watching my eating though and still have my wraps on my legs.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Bill had his first video appointment with the new doctor. I'm impressed at how quickly they are getting things done, but unfortunately we have had to postpone some of it due to mom.

Luckily Kip's son (strong as an ox) was able to get Bill's wheelchair down the 13 stairs and we could get on the road. I bought him a new chair just a few days earlier, so we can just keep this one in the car.

Thanks for the birthday greetings! I'm still not eating healthy, and Bill's eating WAY too much sodium, since we are just eating easy stuff or hospital cafeteria food (surprisingly good).
  • Restfinder
    Options
    It's amazing how good hospital food has become! I'm glad things are working out with the video doctor. Hope your Mom is doing alright.

I did get more steps yesterday and, praise the Lord, I'm not having as many headaches or as much leg pain as last week. It was weird on Wednesday night Bible Study. We Zoom our services and there were seven of us present and the rest had to Zoom! I'm glad I felt well enough to go and didn't have any trouble while I was there.

I've lost two pounds of water weight from having my legs wrapped. I'll put them on again tomorrow since I need to take a shower this afternoon and can't do that with them on! I wear my skirts down to my ankles when I go to church (my preference because my legs aren't very pretty), so the wrappings should be covered up nicely! Although, no one will really care!
  • connierandel
    Options
    Healthy? Nope. But, I am now doing the PT exercises with Bill a couple of times a day. They don't take long and aren't strenuous, but at least it is something...and I am feeling it in my knees. I will be so glad when we are both off of the antibiotics. Bill has really suffered from intestinal problems from them. Between doubling up on probiotics and taking Imodium, he still is having issues.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I had huge problems from the antibiotics I took for my diverticulitis. I think that as we get older our bodies can't handle stuff as well. Hope y'all are doing better quickly.

I haven't been doing much. I've just been tired and this morning had another headache. I've had mild ones off and on over the last two weeks, but this is the first bad one. God was very gracious and took away the nausea before I got sick, that was a huge Praise the Lord for me. I've been having trouble with my breathing as well. I can't catch my breath at times, especially when I go outside or do my walking. My chest feels tight, and when I try to take a deep breath, I have to hold on to it until it catches. I haven't had this much trouble for a couple of years at least. I've changed to the name-brand allergy meds rather than the generic to see if that helps. So far it hasn't.

Y'all stay in my prayers.
  • cmsienk
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I've gotten in SO much walking here in Barcelona. The first day was the only day any sightseeing was involved though. My hotel is a 15 minute walk from the convention center and that is a huge place!

We landed Sunday morning and after waiting (3 hours) to check in to the hotel, we walked over to the convention center to get the lay of the land... then later in the afternoon, my sister and I walked to Las Ramblas... kind of a shopping, restaurant area that was decorated for Christmas. (I posted pictures on the chat thread.) I had to stretch when I got back from that walk... it was a 12 mile day for me and everything was tight.

This has been my week in steps: (it's currently just before noon and I'm just under 4,800 so far today.)
    nmc9afrgpawd.jpg

• connierandel
    Options
    Wow! That is a lot of miles! Hope that you get a little more "you" time while you are there to enjoy the city and the culture!
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Oh my. I thought I was doing awesome to get 4,000 for the whole day! LOL! You are an inspiration, Cindy!

I took all my meds and vitamins - how's that for doing something healthy!? LOL! I don't do much over the weekend, but Lord willing, I will feel better by Monday and be able to do some walking and I will not have any treats during the week!
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I haven't been getting much sleep lately. 5 hours Monday night and 4.5 last night. I know that's not healthy. We're supposed to be done earlier tonight. I'm hoping for 7 hours
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I hope that you were able to get some good sleep, Cindy! I slept like a log last night!

Not doing well this morning. Felt really good yesterday, but today we are back to what we had been. I'm going to ask for a Covid test when I go see her on Wednesday. I did a home test when this all began and it was negative, but I'm not sure how accurate they are. This all started on Oct 13th, when I see her on the 11th it will be two months! Ugh! God has been very good to me through it all.
  • connierandel
    Options
    I haven't been very good, but I have been doing Bill's PT/OT exercises with him. It isn't a lot, but it is a bit of exercise and the OT ones are stretches and they are really hitting some sore spots. I also decided today that I would take the stairs as often as possible at Mom's apartment complex. Again, it isn't a lot, but every little bit helps.

Bill's OT was reading my mind the other day and told me that all exercise is exercise and when I do the exercises with Bill, that it counts for me too.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Can you tell I sat in my chair working most of the day on the 4th, 5th and 6th?
    The meeting ended at 1pm yesterday, so I took a walk on the beach to Starbucks and got an afternoon peppermint mocha. Walking on wet sand is exhausting and we walked about a mile. That was some good exercise...
    63rj3lz6fizp.jpg
    pgtqlvhjx6so.jpg
  • Restfinder
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Oh, I want to go to the beach - which is actually just a 40-minute ride for me! I can get to the Sound or the rivers around us much faster than that. We've been here for three years and we have yet to go to our local beach! You are awesome, Cindy!

Connie, I agree with the PT, just getting up and taking a walk around the house (which I need to do) is exercise. It gets the blood pumping!
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I've lost 3 lbs since being sick. Take out bbq for dinner - pulled pork, sweet potato fries, cole slaw and cornbread
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I've gained one of those pounds back. I think having 2 peanut butter cookies and coffee for breakfast today does not quality for doing something healthy. I'm a work in progress...