What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

connierandel
connierandel Posts: 1,805 Member
edited June 2021 in Social Groups
Here we can track our progress on a daily basis. What are you tracking? Exercise, nutrition, calories? Accountability is a huge plus for me!

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,540 Member
    I'm tracking my nutrition as well as calories. A little bit with the exercise, but that isn't as consistent. The last two days I've been on track with their numbers, but yesterday I did have more fat and protein than they suggest. I am trying to find where I can put in the numbers I like!

My weight at the doctor's office yesterday was 242. My scale is two pounds heavier, so I was the same this morning.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,736 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm focusing on tracking exercise right now. Trying to hit 6,000 steps a day - which is just under 3 miles a day. I was out of town last week on business and managed to go over that goal most days. My high was 20,000 steps (9 miles!).
  • connierandel
    I tracked here today and was pleasantly surprised how easy it was. The main thing I ran into is that it did not track cholesterol, but I rarely go over unless I eat an egg. I don't particularly like the application on my phone, but easy on website.

Another thing that will take some getting used to is saving my tracking at the end of the day.

Calories 903
    Carbs 95

Basically no exercise due to a cold. I am gradually getting my energy back.
  • Restfinder
    I hope you are feeling better very quickly, Connie! To track cholesterol, go to FOOD, then settings (last on the list just under the one where Food is) and it will give you a list of nutrients that you can track. If you click the little down arrow beside any of the ones mentioned a list of the ones you can follow will come up. You'll also see "Check-in", that's where I found you can put your weight changes or your measurement changes without having to re-set up all your nutrients! I wish they had the little tracker on the bottom of our posts like SP did, then we could see how we are doing. Oh, I just found this when answering a MFP message - go to setting while in your message settings and you can check off all the things that you want them to send you through your e-mail, but I didn't see post notifications on that list - everything else was there, but not that one!

Sticking to my modified THM diet. Have lost four pounds in about five days, but most of that is probably the water weight that had swelled me up. That's okay, that means that is going away and for whatever reason the weight is coming off! I'll take it however I can get it!

Love y'all.

• connierandel
    edited June 2021
    I got the cholesterol in, thanks! I still am not getting emails on group posts. I didn't see anything about that on the email preferences. It does say if you get a message, but not necessarily on group posts.

Having to take Bill to the doctor. He can hardly walk. His ankle is killing him, and a toe on the other foot is leaking puss....yucky!! Say a prayer. I called the doctor's office and they said that there were no appointments available, and to take him to Urgent Care. They just called back and said that they made a spot for him at his Primary Care. I am pretty sure they are going to want him to see a podiatrist, but medicare doesn't cover them unless referred for something specific. I was wanting the doctor to look at that toe, but thought it could wait until his regular check up in July since it wasn't anything new - the puss is new!
  • connierandel
    Well, today was challenging. We went to see Bill's doctor and he said that it was a gout flare. I was surprised, because the toe that was seeping didn't hurt and that is a big sign of a flare. He said that the ankle was a flare, too and that the seepage really wasn't infection, so just treating the gout will help both. SUCH a relief! Bill used to have a lot of issues with it, but since he started taking tart cherry capsules religiously, he hasn't had one. The doctor said that if we have gone 1 1/2 years without a flare that we were beating the odds.

Anyway, I had beef planned for dinner, and that can be a gout trigger. I didn't really have time to plan, so KFC it was. I was over in everything except the cholesterol. Now, I need to get my meals planned around the no red-meat thing for the weekend. Actually, pork isn't nearly as bad as beef, so we may have that.

This all wound up with three trips to WalMart today. 1 this morning for grocery pick-up, 1 this afternoon for 2 of his 3 prescriptions (one they still had to talk to the doctor about a reaction with current meds) and one this evening for the other prescription. Sure glad they are close to the house and that I didn't have to get out of the car for any of them.
  • Restfinder
    Oh wow! I'm glad it's something that you had dealt with in the past. Praise the Lord that he's been having success with the tart cherry supplement. It's amazing what natural things we can use to help with troubles our bodies are having. I'll keep you both in my prayers.

Wade picked up some wheat free bread for me, and last night I had a sandwich with natural peanut butter and Simply fruit. Sooo good! I was going to do frozen cherries with whipped cream, but this just sounded so much better. Hadn't had one in awhile.

The vet offered to make a cast of Jake's paw print for us and Wade picked that up yesterday. Oh my! The afternoon we had him put to sleep Wade cleaned out the house of everything that was Jake's, just too many reminders, it will be nice to have this just to remember him by. I had a friend who works with ceramics to make me a tiny Max shortly after he died, brings back good memories. We keep having Jake moments (you get a snack and wait for Jake to come a begging, or we hear sounds and think it's Jake moving around... then we remember.
  • connierandel
    Kim - do you think you will find another puppy? I love dogs, but Bill isn't a fan and right now just having him to take care of is enough!

Saturday:
    Still fighting this cough. I feel pretty good now, but the cough always hangs on! Bill is doing much better today. The meds the doctor gave him really are working.

Lunch: left-over taco salad topping
    Dinner: about 2/3 cup spaghetti with a bit of chicken in tomato base, small spoon of corn and salad with home-made french dressing (low sodium).
    Snacks: a few almonds, 3 hugs and SF choc pudding.

Calorie - 1033 - MFP really gets mad if you go under 1000 calories! I added a few calories to get it above 1000 today.
    Carbs - 89 a bit high
    Cholesterol - 63

Not too bad, all in all. I still need to get back to my exercise, but I have to wait until the cough lets up.
  • connierandel
    Sunday:

Lunch - Tuna salad on lettuce and pretzels
    Dinner - pulled chicken sandwich with pretzels, greek yogurt
    Snacks - vanilla sf pudding, choc almonds. 4 hershey hugs

Calories: 1003 - had to add an extra "hug" to get it to 1000
    Carbs: 104
    Cholesterol: 226 (within the 250 limit, but close due to some egg in the tuna salad.
  • connierandel
    Monday:
    Lunch - Tuna salad with pretzels and a string cheese
    Dinner - meatloaf (no fillers and low sodium) with a small spoon of mashed potatoes and a larger serving of baby carrots.
    Snacks - Greek yogurt with a handful of chocolate almonds and 3 hershey hugs.

Calories - 1000 exactly Carbs - 79 Cholesterol - 208
    A bit more reasonable. I still need to work on the carbs.

I did get out and take a short walk....Yay, no coughs!
  • Restfinder
    I stayed well within my numbers today, except for the saturated fats - the coconut milk I had in my muffins and in my smoothie put me way over the top with that. Not a problem once in awhile, but I'll not do that again! LOL!

Praise the Lord you and Bill are both doing better! I've had a weird cough that I believe is associated with my allergies, and sometimes if I look down it irritates my throat and I start coughing. It's been better the past two or three days though - thank You, Jesus!

It's been raining here all day. I kept thinking about getting out for a walk, but just too wet and nowhere to walk that wouldn't be muddy or water soaked.

I don't think we will get another dog. We struggled at times to take care of Jake, especially when he got sick. Bending over to try and get socks on his chewed up feet took a lot out of my back, although I did get more flexible! And keeping up with a puppy is more than either of us can handle any more. We have talked about a fish tank!
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,736 Member
    It seems to be a time for coughs. I've had one the past two days. It's associated with a little post nasal drip, so it's either allergies or I've got a cold. I've been so healthy, I was taken by surprise. I did walk a little yesterday and the day before - 7000 steps both days. Tomorrow I'm going to take it easy. I'm working Thursday and Friday and DO NOT want to be coughing.
  • Restfinder
    Wow, after just opening up after Covid and then have someone coughing... They might throw a mask over you and make you leave, even though the cough has nothing to do with Covid. Have you noticed the list of symptoms that they read off at the doctor's office is much longer than at the beginning of this thing? Quite a few of the symptoms are similar to allergy symptoms, so I just tell them I have allergies!

I am sticking with my diet. I'm down another pound and am amazed! I hope it's for real and my my scale acting up. It has new batteries, so it should be giving me accurate numbers. It was two to four lbs different at the doctor's office. I wish I could remember if I was 246 when I went to see her or 244 - I'm pretty sure it was 246, which means that her scale had me four pounds lighter than my scale, but right now I am just taking two pounds off of my scale, so that puts me at 238.4 this morning, about an 8 lb. drop in the past month. I'm sure some of that is water, but I'm hoping not all, since I am wearing my compression garments more frequently!

Love y'all.
  • connierandel
    Yesterday was cheat day. I did go ahead and track and it was AWFUL! My tracker showed that if I kept up that calorie intake that I would gain about 12 pounds in the next 5 weeks....OH MY! The only thing that I did right yesterday was the intermittent fast hours. I am not seeing a huge difference in the weight with this, but it does decrease my intake of late snacks and l know that is healthier. I always ate a string cheese on my way to bed...now I rarely eat one, and then usually with my lunch. I know it is helping the grocery bill!
  • connierandel
    Totally exhausted today! We got the camper out of the garage and cleaned it out and cleaned it up. It is now listed for sale. I probably went up and down the stairs more than a dozen times. It was 103 degrees when I finished. At least it has air conditioning. We have someone coming at 10 tomorrow morning to look at it.

Less than 900 calories, less than 70 carbs. I'm sure I blew the cholesterol with the egg that was in my chef's salad tonight.
  • Restfinder
    Oh my, I am just getting into eating the cheese sticks. When I wait up for Wade to get off work (at midnight) I'm hungry again and have a couple of the mozzarella sticks. I really need to eat just one though.

Are you watching your cholesterol because you have high cholesterol? I have high cholesterol genetically and a nutritionist told me to watch my saturated fats, that would help more than watching my cholesterol. I have no idea if that is right, but it seemed to help at the time. As I got older, the diet and exercise method of keeping it down didn't work, only statins brought the numbers down. This last time I saw my PCP in Hickory he said my risk of heart disease or heart attack was so low he didn't think a statin would be helpful! Woohoo. I still watch my saturated fats and even got my husband to as well!

Back on plan today and am able to even have a fried chicken breast, .5 cup of French fries and some carrot sticks for dinner and stay within all of my numbers! Yeah!
  • connierandel
    I am watching due to my cholesterol being a little on the high side at my last Dr. visit. I had been on very low carbs prior to that and eating a lot of fats and cholesterol. I am keeping an eye on both, now, but am not losing weight like I did on low carb diet. It is really hard to watch fats/cholesterol and still basically no carbs.
  • connierandel
    Brunch: 1/2 turkey bologna sandwich on lower calorie bread, a few baby carrots and a string cheese
    Dinner: 3 oz. Grilled pork loin, hash browns (big serving) and 1/2 cup corn
    Snacks: SF pudding, chocolate almonds, 4 hershey hugs

Calories: 829. Carbs: 83. Cholesterol: 87

I decided to change my "fats" tracking to Sat. Fats. I was pretty good there. The turkey bologna was the worst thing, but it was bought with Bill in mind for our last trip and he hasn't eaten much of it, I am trying to finish it before it expires. Not a huge fan.
  • Restfinder
    Wade and Mom polish off any bologna that comes into this house. Now if it were salami or roast beef, I'd have trouble saying no to that!

Didn't do well after all yesterday. Wade came home with cherry turnovers and one of them was calling to me. That will be my treat for the week. I usually eat something on the weekend (I guess Friday is close enough). Now I need to exercise my "NO!" and stay away from any more! My weight loss has stalled because I've allowed some treats in, so I need to make sure I keep a tight control on that.

I hope that watching the cholesterol helps to bring that under control again. My new doctor hasn't done blood work that includes that, but I see her again in December and will ask if she can do a full panel so I know where I am at.

• connierandel
    Sunday I did fairly well, considering that I went and bought BBQ for the men for Father's Day. I got a smaller meal and only ate half, then Bill had the rest for dinner. I was at 969 calories, 119 carbs (would love to keep below 75, but it just isn't happening right now), and everything else within range.

I am really liking this tracker. I even found the nutrition information on the local BBQ restaurant. They have two in the KC area.