What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Replies

• connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,805 Member
    I sometimes go low on calories to align carbs, sat fats, etc. Yesterday was easy. Today was too, even ate an extra Hershey Hug!

Monday
    Calories 1000
    Carbs 100
    Sat fats 12
    Cholesterol 129
  • connierandel
    Tuesday
    Calories 914
    Carbs 99
    Sat fats 13
    Cholesterol 253 (had an egg!)
  • connierandel
    Wednesday
    Calories 1029
    Carbs 98
    Sat Fat 12
    Cholesterol 164
  • connierandel
    Well, I blew the carbs today! I made spaghetti, then ate a piece of angel food cake for dessert. Oh well, tomorrow will be a bad day and the carbs are my only problem today.

Calories 1031
    Carbs 122
    Sat fat 12
    cholesterol 90
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,540 Member
    Walked some and ate well. I found that the Elderberry chews I've been taking have guava in them and I think that has been causing some of my headaches. It's the last ingredient listed, so I don't think there is a lot of it in there, so I don't get a headache every time, but after eating them for a couple days in a row - bang, headache! Boohoo. I'm going to head to Amazon to find another something to help bolster my immune system.
  • connierandel
    Bill's surgery went well, but I am so nervous with him. He is doing great, but not being able to put any weight on that foot is very hard. He is behaving himself, but he has been sitting in his recliner since he got home. He hasn't tried to get up at all.
  • connierandel
    Bill is doing very well today. He has gotten up for the bathroom and came to the dining room for dinner. His brother bought dinner and it was hard on my sat. fats and cholesterol...grilled chicken, egg and bacon. Oh well. It fit in the calories and carbs and it was sooooo good!

Saturday:
    Calories 1071
    Carbs 72
    Sat fat 15
    Cholesterol 358!!!!!!
  • connierandel
    Sunday:
    Calories - 1016
    Carbs - 100
    Sat Fats - 13
    Cholesterol - 121
  • connierandel
    Had a fairly good day. I was just under 1000 calories and other priorities in line.
  • pianolady831
    pianolady831 Posts: 265 Member
    I try to eat healthy, but haven't been counting calories, carbs, etc. My main focus at the moment is to start back walking and try to drink more water.
  • connierandel
    I miss my walks, but not enough to start them again in the heat. Shame on me, I do have a dreaded treadmill.
  • pianolady831
    I never could do the treadmill thing, Connie. Recumbent bike, yes. Elliptical, okay. We live on a quiet street and people walk a lot. Our front door has a storm door and my cats love to lie there, watching people go by as they walk their dogs. The days are still hot, but morning and evening is very nice.
  • pianolady831
    Okay, you inspired me to start walking again, Connie - tonight instead of waiting until tomorrow! It was still rather warm, but not unbearably so, and I walked for 20-25 minutes. Best of all, I have beautiful mountain views to enjoy. I would earn an "F" on the water drinking, though. Only 2 glasses today.

q3gp8vbb537t.jpg
  • connierandel
    Carole - Bill uses the recumbent bike but the seat is hard to adjust, so he uses it and I use the treadmill. That's all the room we have in our tiny little exercise room that we sectioned off from the furnace room in the basement. If Bill will do the recumbent bike, I will walk the treadmill. Of course now, Bill can't even get down the stairs, so I would have to do it alone.

I have no problems getting my water, and can track my food without issues, but I hate that "dedicated" exercise. When I was working, I wore a pedometer for a while and walked between 7-9 miles a day. One time I had an 11 mile day at work. I am glad to be retired, but being active was good for the waistline.
  • pianolady831
    We had some exercise equipment in the basement of our house back in Atlanta, but there's no storage space at all here. That's a good thing in order to not accumulate "stuff," though. It's funny ... when I was working, I used lunch and break times to walk around the church parking lot and did real good at that. Now that I have plenty of time and opportunities, the habit is hard to continue. Do you have places where you can walk outside, Connie?
  • connierandel
    I have places I can walk outside, just not the desire to walk in the heat, or the cold. I will get back to it sometime, but right now I am just not caring. I know that isn't the right attitude, but honesty counts for something.

Tuesday
    Calories 861
    Carbs 100
    Sat Fats 13
    Cholesterol 74
  • pianolady831
    Honesty counts for a lot, Connie! For the most part, I've just stopped doing the things that I need to do - tracking, etc. My focus now is to start with one thing, then gradually build from there. Kim, do you remember back when you led us in a plan kind of like that? One thing for a week or two, until we got used to it, then you would add on another. I don't think I ever got good at doing everything, but the basic idea worked well for me.

Tuesday:
    No walking because I had a full day of activity.
    Water - 4 glasses
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,540 Member
    I sure do remember. We have a goal page on our other team. We set long term goals, then mid-term goals, then short term goals to get us to those other goals. Mine weren't working so I started this work to really limit my calories and try to shock my weight into moving, and it's working. I have lost three pounds in as many days. I want to finish out this week in that 800-900 range and then do 1000-1200 on a regular basis. The 800-900 hasn't been difficult for me, so the slightly higher should be good. I was doing 1200-1500 before this and allowing too much in between meals knowing I had the calories to spend.

I'm struggling to get my walking in as well, although I do mine in laps around the house. I just haven't felt well and my energy has been so low lately. I am going to challenge myself (again) to do some walking around the house every day, even it it's just one or two laps, it's movement. I need to take my dumbbells along too and do some arm exercises while I'm walking. I need to walk to keep the blood flow in my legs good! Okay, hold me accountable, ladies!
  • connierandel
    edited August 2021
    Oh my - I am so diligent in watching Bill's sodium, and I realized that something I didn't think about is really high. I would have never thought about angel food cake being high in sodium, but I have been buying them and making strawberry shortcake with it. A serving is a large piece of cake, so I will definitely be cutting the cake myself and doing skinny slices. One serving is 1/3 of his daily allotment. Whew! I guess that I thought since it was low on sugar (for my BIL), it would be low in sodium.

Well, I guess I see why I didn't worry so much about it. I bought it for pick-up and the website's nutrition information isn't anywhere close. Also, the MFP tracker has all kinds of sodium contents on WalMart angel food cake. I actually just fixed one of them, so that it was correct.
  • pianolady831
    Accountability is everything! I'm so glad we can encourage and support each other.

I don't have access to exercise equipment at home, but even if I did, walking would still be my choice. We're in the middle of what's been the hottest week of the summer, but the mornings and evenings have been comfortable enough for walking up until now. According to the long-range forecast, it's only 6 days until temps start dropping.

Connie, I've been mainly focusing on carb level for Dwight and would probably be shocked to know what his sodium levels are. He enjoys sugar-free angel food cake with fresh strawberries and a spoonful of Cool Whip lite.