What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Replies

• pianolady831
    pianolady831 Posts: 265 Member
    Thanks for the accountability, Kim and Connie. That's what made me decide to walk late tonight.

Wednesday
    Walking - 23 minutes (about half was uphill)
    Water - 4 glasses
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited August 2021
    Wednesday:
    Calories 911
    Carbs 100
    Sat Fats 11
    Cholesterol 98
    Sodium 959 - If this is mine, Bill's should be okay.

Either tomorrow or Thursday, we will probably have eggs (1/2 egg white, 1/2 whole egg), so that will really mess with the cholesterol. I need to keep it low while I can. I am anxious to see if watching the sat fats and cholesterol will help in the blood work this October. Right now I have no active prescriptions and I want to keep it that way.
    I do have an asthma inhaler, but don't have a prescription for a refill when this one expires. I need to get one from my primary care doctor because the one I have will be expiring soon. I never need to refill a prescription....they always expire first, but I would hate to have an attack and not have one.

Kim and Carole - I am feeling guilty. I will see what happens tomorrow. If the weather cooperates and Bill is still doing well, I may take a walk. If not, maybe I will do Kim's trick and walk the house. I am getting some exercise pushing Bill's wheelchair over carpet :smiley:
  • pianolady831
    Don't feel guilty, Connie! You're already doing a lot, just with tracking nutrients. For me, it's going from doing almost nothing to starting with something, no matter how small the effort.
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,540 Member
    I set a challenge for our other team:
    Movement - choose some type of exercise that you want to do for the next month. I am going to do house walking. The first week I will do five laps (about 350-400 steps) five days; week two seven laps; week three 10 laps; week four 15 laps. The second part of the goal is to reassess your goals and make changes. I wasn't finding success on my modified THM diet staying at the calorie range I was at. This week I have gone down to 800-900 calories a day. On Sept. 1 I will be doing 1000-1200 calories a day. I've lost four pounds doing the calorie cut and hope adding a wee bit more won't make much difference. I needed to shock by body out of it's complacency! LOL! I haven't really struggled with this calorie count either, it's been rather easy, but I know it's not enough. I'm hoping that with the walking I can counter the extra couple hundred calories. Now I just have to figure out what to eat to add those! LOL!

My next door neighbor friend (pastor's wife) likes to have frozen cherries with whipped cream for her dessert. I don't like the frozen cherries, I can't taste the cherry, so I nuke mine and then add the whipped cream - yummers.

Stayed within my calorie range today even though we had McDonald's for lunch. I had the crispy chicken with half the bun.
  • connierandel
    edited August 2021
    Today I was a bit higher on calories, but easily within range.
    Calories 1107
    Carbs 98
    Sat fats 8
    Cholesterol 183 - most in ground turkey. I need to check this out a bit. Hmmm.

We eat a lot of ground turkey right now with trying to limit red meats to once a week and beef to only on very special occasions.
  • connierandel
    edited August 2021
    Friday:
    Calories 943
    Carbs 97
    Sat Fats 7
    Cholesterol 206 (ground turkey and whole egg)
  • pianolady831
    Too hot to walk, but I'm doing better on water. Not as much as I should be drinking, but definitely an improvement. I do not enjoy hot weather and was glad to notice that by next Tuesday or Wednesday, our temps drop by about 10 degrees.

Water
    Thursday - 4 1/2 glasses
    Friday - 4 1/2 glasses
  • connierandel
    Saturday:
    Calories 984
    Carbs 95
    Sat Fats 9
    Cholesterol 118

Well, tomorrow's cholesterol won't look nearly as good. I made tuna salad for lunch with whole egg. Oh well, it will be easy and taste good. The calories and carbs will be good, too.
  • pianolady831
    Tuna salad sounds good, Connie. Light lunches like that work great on Sunday.

Most of my time was spent in preparing for tomorrow, but I ate healthy. I'm playing at a church about 15 minutes away where Beth's seminary friend preaches.
  • connierandel
    I may not have made it to church, but I did make it on a short walk. About 6/10 of a mile. It was humid, but not hot yet.

Calories 1039
    Carbs 96
    Sat Fats 13
    Cholesterol 238
  • pianolady831
    I don't know what the distance is, but I got a good 20-minute walk in tonight. If the road was level, I could have walked much longer. It's level in front of my house, then drops off pretty quickly, levels off, then does a steeper drop after that. Walking back up the steeper hill tires me out, but I hope to build up more endurance.

Sunday
    Walk - 20 minutes
    Water - 4 glasses
  • connierandel
    Carole - It takes me about 16 minutes to walk our block which is 6/10 of a mile. There are inclines both ways, so I usually walk the hardest one on the downhill, then the easier one coming back. It goes up, levels a little, then goes up again. There is a flat walk that I do sometimes mid-walk. I haven't done it yet. My knees are a bit of a mess, so I need to work up to longer walks.
  • Restfinder
    Woohoo, y'all are doing awesome. I'm waiting for the first to put my goals in action!
  • connierandel
    Well, I did absolutely nothing that is healthy. The doctor's appointment made us late getting home and Bill wanted me to order pizza - total cheat for both of us, but we hadn't done that for a couple of years. It tasted so good! Tomorrow is another day! I'm counting pushing Bill's wheelchair (and carrying it to and from the car) all over the medical clinic as a little bit of exercise.

• pianolady831
    Kim, you spoke too soon! I didn't do anything worth reporting today, although I did manage to eat pretty healthy - with the exception of a little taffy that I got at a mountain fair a few weeks ago. Now we're about to get two days of rain from Hurricane Ida.
  • connierandel
    Happy, Happy Birthday to Kim and Carole! Hope you ladies both have a wonderful day!

sy98z0lp4wrw.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Thank you, Connie! I hope that cupcake has no calories or carbs or fat! LOL! That's okay, I'm off diet until tomorrow!
  • pianolady831
    Thank you so much, Connie! I'm having a nice, quiet day, just like I like. Then Beth and Daniel are taking me out to eat this evening. Not going to worry about carbs today.
  • connierandel
    I walked the block again today (6/10 mile route). We had a rain this morning and this afternoon and evening the weather was absolutely perfect! No excuses about getting that walk. I also love it when the tracker here increases your calorie/carb/sat fats totals when you log exercise. I got an extra sat fat - that I used!

Calories 903
    Carbs 77
    Sat Fats 14
    Cholesterol 232 (tuna salad for lunch)
  • Restfinder
    Had my smoothie for breakfast and will begin my walking today with five laps!