connierandel Posts: 1,805 Member
    Tuesday
    Calories: 977
    Carbs: 99
    Sat Fat: 13
    Cholesterol: 98
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,540 Member
    No cake today! I had Wade's birthday cake yesterday - well, the plain left over cake rather than the brown sugar coated pineapple upside down cake! Otherwise I've been on point with my eating.
  • connierandel
    No tracking and terrible eating yesterday, but lots of fun and fellowship. We went to a luncheon with a bunch of friends from church, so we just ate what we wanted for the day. Today is going to be a cheat day as well since we have tickets to a dinner theater with gourmet food...and lots of it. The show is about Elvis and Jerry Lee Lewis. It will have lots of old rock & roll.
  • Restfinder
    Went to McDonald's for lunch. I just did the Mango Pineapple Smoothie. 250 calories. Mom treated us after her doctor's appointment. It went well. She's still in the collar until the NP can get the information from the trauma center to figure out why they had her continue to wear a collar when her neck wasn't broken or fractured.
  • connierandel
    Yesterday was a totally terrible eating day, but the show was great.

I ate fairly healthy today, but was just a tad high in carbs and sat fats. Came in at less than 1200/calories, though.
  • connierandel
    On track today. Cheating is fun, but I feel so much better when I watch what I eat.
    Everything was in line by calories were a bit low. For me 900 calories isn't really low, though.
  • connierandel
    Sunday:
    Calories:891
    Carbs: 100
    Sat Fats: 13
    Cholesterol: 67
  • Restfinder
    On track with my eating and will work on getting some of my steps in today! Wade worked out and didn't really want to so I told him I would walk even though I don't really want to! LOL!
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,740 Member
    edited August 2021
    I've been lax about tracking lately. I'm up a pound, but hopefully I'll get that under control. Exercise class tonight
  • connierandel
    Monday:
    Calories: 1097
    Carbs: 90
    Sat Fat: 17 (Whoa!) It was too late to adjust anything enough to cover that, so it stayed.
    Cholesterol: 156

I am trying to get rid of as much beef as possible in our diets. Tonight we had ground turkey burgers with 93/7 ground turkey. I added the spices I use in meat loaf, and they were really good. So far, I haven't been disappointed in the ground turkey recipes I have been using. I already have been making sausage with it, then last week tacos, spaghetti and meat-loaf.
  • Restfinder
    Last night I did my bison burger and some mashed potatoes. I did a cross over meal, which isn't good because it's more for maintaining than losing. I need to get that figured out. I put some cheese on my burger which makes it crossover since the potatoes are a starch and a carb meal - so I mixed my fat and my carb! Boo. But, it was good.

I bought some peanut butter powder which has coconut palm sugar in it rather than refined sugar. Can't say I like it as much as regular peanut butter on a peanut butter sandwich, but it's awesome in my smoothie. I have also been using carob powder to add a touch of chocolate flavor. Yum! I have an organic, vegetarian protein powder as well that I really like. It's KOS. Both the peanut butter powder and the protein powder are KOS.
  • connierandel
    Kim - We like bison, and I like venison, but the meats are very "red" and that is hard on Bill's kidneys. They are so lean that are very healthy for most, but not good in uric acid. Glad you are enjoying carob. My mom also buys carob chips (unsweetened) and uses them in a lot of things.

I weighed this morning. I don't have a regular schedule for days that I weigh, but just do it when I think of it. I have lost about .75 pound since my last weigh in and that was before 2 cheat days last week. Whew, they didn't hurt me too badly.

Calories: 815 - Couldn't find a way to get more calories without hurting either the carbs or the sat. fats. I am full, so I am not stressing about it.
    Carbs: 99
    Sat Fat: 13
    Cholesterol: 55
  • connierandel
    Well, with church tonight it was hard to do my 8 hour rule on eating. I "fudged" it and ate a string cheese after I got home from church.

Wednesday:
    Calories: 944
    Sat Fats: 12
    Cholesterol: 100
  • connierandel
    Thursday:
    Calories:859
    Sat Fats: 12
    Cholesterol: 100

Whew - That was a rough one. I had a really hard figuring out my evening snack after what I ate for lunch and dinner. The carbs were really high, with left over pasta for lunch and a baked potato with dinner. I did get it figured out, but the calorie count was low. I don't usually plan out the whole day, so it is a juggling process when I get done eating dinner and put in my foods already eaten. I like that evening snack and if I don't get one, I will get hungry during the night.
  • Restfinder
    I've been able to keep to not eating after that 8-8:30 mark. Sometimes I am reading in bed and just want some nuts to munch on - that hand to mouth feel (popcorn, potato chips, something you eat more than one or two of) is comforting, but not always what I need!

Doing well today, getting ready to do a smoothie for lunch. I bought some peanut butter powder which has coconut palm sugar in it which is better than refined sugar which is in my natural peanut butter. I guess I could try to make my own nut butter, but this is good. Nuts, palm sugar, pink salt - that's it! I put 3/4 of a scoop in my smoothie and get this incredible peanut butter flavor. I throw some carob in there as well, but that isn't as strong as cocoa powder and I don't taste much of that. Then I add frozen okra, my fruit and veggie powder, my tummy powder and my veggie protein powder, some SoBe Water or milk (if we need to use that up) and there she is! So refreshing!

• connierandel
    Friday
    Calories: 1000
    Carbs: 85
    Sat Fats: 13
    Cholesterol: 122

Not a bad day...much easier to plan evening snack tonight. I did have to substitute, but with the carbs not out of line, it was easier to get the Sat Fats down. What is harder is getting the carbs down without raising the sat fats.
  • Restfinder
    Woohoo, the scale was down 1.2 pound(s?).

In the THM program you have to keep the fats and carbs separate - and I rarely get that down! I look at my meal and see potatoes and cheese - nope, they aren't supposed to go together. Sigh. It's hard getting it right because I don't like vegetables and the low carb meals have lots of the non-starchy veggies in them. You do so well!

Eating treats the last three days but yesterday I was able to stay in my calorie range because my meals were smaller.
  • connierandel
    My scale was down, too! But, I totally cheated last night. Oh well, it is getting hard to keep Bill away from beef and even pork to a certain extent, so we had fried chicken with all the trimmings from KFC. Hopefully it won't hurt the scales too much.
  • connierandel
    Today was a fairly typical Sunday. I try to have something left-over for Sunday lunch, or else make tuna salad ahead of time. Then dinner is just a small sandwich with chips for Bill and pretzels for me. Today was fairly easy to keep the nutrients in line.
    Calories: 1104
    Carbs: 95
    Sat Fat: 8
    Cholesterol: 188
  • Restfinder
    Well, my scale was back up that 1.2 pounds this morning - just ate too many treats this weekend. I tried to make my meals very sensible so I wouldn't be over, or over badly on my calories, but I'm sure the wasted calories didn't help. I need to make myself do the THM treats when I want something! I'm back on track this morning.

Oh my, Connie - is that calorie count over 1000??? Teasing! I think it's awesome, I wish I could do with as few calories as you get. I could if I just did my protein drinks and veggie chips! LOL!