What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,740 Member
    edited July 2021
    I did some yard work, stayed within my calories. 2 egg cheese omlet for brunch, yogurt at 2, chicken and salad for dinner.

Yes, the teacher has snacks at the end, Kim. I'm just an old dog... In my other tracker I had breakfast, morning snack, brunch, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, evening snack and cravings - because I could put any heading wherever I wanted it. I didn't use all of them every day. It just helped me see my eating patterns... if I was eating a lot in the evening, for example.
  • cmsienk
    edited July 2021
    Grr! I KNOW I went back in and corrected that to tracker (teacher). (Also, how is teacher an auto correct for tracker?)
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,805 Member
    Not feeling well today. I don't know if it came from a sleepless night or what. I actually had Bill bring me home after Sunday School this morning because I was so dizzy. The dizziness is gone, but I have a headache (very rare!). I'm fine, just Blah.

Calories - 1094
    Carbs - 77
    Sat Fat - 11
    Cholesterol - 18
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,540 Member
    Up a little weight-wise: 237.6. Staying on plan.
  • cmsienk
    Glad you're feeling a little better Connie. Hope the headache was short-lived.

Sorry to hear about the small weight gain, Kim. Those little setbacks can be frustrating (don't I know it!) but it's good you're staying on plan. You'll turn it around.

3 cups of coffee and a coconut yogurt with 1/4 cup of wild black raspberries so far. I've lost a couple pounds, but I'm hovering right around there. Can't seem to move on to that next pound lost. Exercise class tonight. Maybe THAT will help.
  • connierandel
    edited July 2021
    Monday:
    brunch - 1.25oz home-made turkey sausage, 4 egg whites, 1/4oz cheddar, 1/4 cup chopped onion - omelet. 1oz pretzels.
    dinner - 1/2 bun with 1.7oz pork loin and home-made bbq sauce (best I've made). 1 cup potato soup (no salt, very low fat). MMMmmm.
    Snacks - cocoa almonds, 3 hershey hugs, string cheese.

Calories: 949
    Carbs: 93
    Sat Fat: 12
    Cholesterol: 96

Kim - I went up 2/10 of a pound, too. It just happens. I don't usually pay a lot of attention to a gain unless it stays there.

Feeling fine today - thanks for the concerns.
  • Restfinder
    I love potato soup. I make my own that is not low anything! LOL! I put lots of cheese in it, mmmm! My body doesn't like dairy so I don't do this often. I found I can make a quick bowl using the store bought mashed potatoes, some chicken broth, and cheese. Sooo good and takes just a minute.

Makes me feel better I'm not the only one hovering, but I am hoping all of us find the end of the plateau and start down on the other side!

Staying on plan. Looking at my THM starter book and getting recipe ideas so I can separate my fats and carbs. I still haven't got a grip on the Fuel Pull part of it though, but will keep working on it!

• cmsienk
    MONDAY:
    Coconut yogurt with 1/4 cup wild black raspberries for brunch. 2 chicken sliders (on gf multigrain dinner rolls) with leftover chicken breast and Colby Jack cheese sounds 4:30). No snacks!

3 coffees, 2 waters
    1 hour exercise class.

And down a lb this morning!
  • Restfinder
    On plan. Did get some walking in yesterday but not as much as I had been. Still quite fatigued. I walk until I peter out. It seems like my heart isn't beating right right now. I'm having more episodes of that irregular beat showing up and I just get that heavy feeling in my chest when I'm walking and it gets to pounding, it makes it harder to breathe! I may have to go up on my metoprolol for a little bit, at least until we get out of the heat of summer. I'm still not taking much of it, 1.5 tablets in the morning (37.5mg), so I'll just add that half back and go back to 50 mg for a little while. I still got close to my 2,000 steps though. Praise the Lord for that!
  • connierandel
    I kind of fell off with reporting for a couple of days. I thought about it this morning.
    Yesterday:
    Lunch: Small taco salad and an ounce of pretzels
    Dinner: Pan seared chicken breast (good sized portion), corn on the cob (no butter) salad with homemade french dressing
    Snacks: 1oz cocoa almonds, 1 string cheese, 2 Hershey Hugs.

Calories: 1146 - a little high for me, but still under plan
    Carbs: 98
    Sat Fats: 12
    Cholesterol: 112

Did fairly well on Tuesday as well. Staying on plan, but another cheat day is probably coming soon.
  • Restfinder
    I did have pizza and three squares of cheesy bread for dinner last night. Yummers. Not sorry at all! Normally I would eat three slices of pizza, but I had one and the cheese bread. Soooo good. We are going out to lunch tomorrow so I will try to make wise choices there too.
  • connierandel
    Lunch: taco meat, pretzels
    Dinner: Baked pork chops with homemade BBQ sauce, baked beans, hand cut fries.
    Snacks: cocoa almonds, 2 Hershey Hugs, string cheese.

Calories: 1085
    Carbs: 97
    Sat fat: 10g
    Cholesterol: 104
  • Restfinder
    I tracked my lunch for today since we are going out to eat and I wanted to make sure I could fit it in - and it does! I hope they have what I want to eat at this restaurant. It's on the waterfront in Beaufort, NC (which is pronounced like you would call your boyfriend, not the SC way where it's B-you-fert (heehee), so I am assuming they would have broiled shrimp! Yummers! I've been wanting some seafood, and since we live on the coast that shouldn't be too hard!

Weight is up again to 239. I think it's the nuts I am eating late at night. Gotta stop that! No eating after 8 PM!!! New goal!!!
  • connierandel
    It started rainy and ugly today, so I was lazy and didn't take a walk. It isn't bad now, but hot and humid. I might go later, but don't hold your breath!

Brunch: 2oz pork loin, 1/3 cup baked beans, 1oz pretzels
    Dinner: 85% lean burger on 1/2 bun with 1oz pretzels and a serving of pea salad
    Snacks: greek yogurt and 3 hershey hugs

Calories: 975
    Carbs: 97
    Sat Fat: 13
    Cholesterol: 252 (within plan but high for me - that part of an egg in the pea salad)
  • connierandel
    Calories: 974
    Carbs: 57
    Cholesterol: 200
  • connierandel
    Well, the numbers don't look terrible, but I ate very little that was nourishing! Sandwiches were the tone of the day.
    Lunch: Low sodium tuna salad on one slice toast with 1oz pretzels
    Dinner: American cheese on one slice toast, 1oz pretzels and string cheese.
    Snacks: Light Greek yogurt, 1oz almonds, 3 Hershey hugs.
    \
    Calories: 949
    Carbs: 99
    Cholesterol: 19
  • connierandel
    edited July 2021
    I found a recipe for an Enchilada Casserole that I thought I could adapt for low sodium for my hubby. It was really good, but it sure blew my saturated fats level. I will make it again, though. It was too good to eliminate and the guys really liked it.

Calories: 1066
    Carbs: 96
    Sat Fats: 21 (goal 13)
    Cholesterol: 64
  • connierandel
    Tonight we had a light dinner with a lot of carbs. I made pulled pork with home-made BBQ sauce (very low sodium) and corn on the cob. It was good, but I had forgotten how many carbs the corn has. It was after dinner before I checked my numbers and the carbs were a bit high with the evening snack I had planned. I had to go with a cheese stick instead of yogurt to keep the carbs in line...but was able to add an extra hershey hug.

Calories: 862 - I know! Too low, but if I added anything else in, it throws off another count.
    Carbs: 98
    Sat Fat: 11
    Cholesterol: 65
  • Restfinder
    I went ahead and put my food for the day in, I was quite a bit over on my saturated fats, but most of that came from the 1/4 C coconut milk I put in my smoothie. I was in range on everything else and at 1303 for my calories for the day. The smoothie is usually the thing that adds the most calories for me. On the THM diet you don't count calories or anything else for that matter, you just work on keeping your carbs and fats separate and what you do is are healthy calories (like healthy fats - nuts, butter, cheese, coconut or sesame oil, ...). I allowed myself one snack and will eat that this evening, but before 8 PM. I had stopped at 7 at one time, but it left too much of the evening without eating and my gurgling tummy would keep Wade up!
  • connierandel
    Calories: 930
    Carbs: 93
    Sat Fat: 12
    Cholesterol: 47

Not too bad. I would love to lower the carbs, but I just am not doing it. This is working, so I am staying with it.