What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,740 Member
    I haven't tried the tracker yet. Good to know it's working for you.
    I walked nearly 6,000 steps today and did 20 minutes of stretching in my room this evening.
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,540 Member
    Oh man, KC barbeque is often mentioned when I watch the BBQ competitions on TV! Yum! I had some hamburger with BBQ sauce and some diced carrots last night for dinner. It was pretty good. Less than a Tbsp of the sauce so the sugar in it shouldn't be too much.

I did do laps around the house yesterday, 10 of them. When that doesn't hurt my back I will add more, trying to get my steps up to 2,000 a day!
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,805 Member
    Wednesday:
    Another nice walk, but it won't happen today due to thunderstorms.

Brunch: One slice grilled cheese (dry), 1oz pretzels
    Dinner: Pork loin stew with 1/2 cup mashed potatoes. Small salad with 1TBS home-made French dressing
    Snacks: String cheese, 1oz almonds, 3 hershey hugs.

Calories:974
    Carbs: 99
    Sat Fat 16 (3 over -all in that string cheese!)
    Cholesterol 99
  • cmsienk
    7,000 steps today. Heading home from Houston tomorrow early morning. Up at 4am for a 5:45 shuttle pickup... my flight is at 8am. So heading to bed around 9pm in order to get 7 hours of sleep.
  • connierandel
    Thursday:
    Dinner: 2 egg white/1 egg scramble, homemade low sodium turkey sausage, small serving hash browns (no fats used), 2 slices wheat toast
    Snacks: 3 hershey hugs, greek yogurt, almonds

Calories: 982
    Carbs: 98 - I need to made some changes to lower this. I could have gotten by with one slice of toast at dinner, and I could have had a string cheese instead of the hugs (but that would have raised my Sat Fats). I also could have used a better quality cheese for brunch (but I am trying to get rid of the cheap stuff).
    Sat Fats: 13 (@ goal)
    Cholesterol: 288 (just 12 under goal - that egg!)

No walk today due to storms, I should have used the treadmill, but...
  • connierandel
    edited June 2021
    Friday:
    Dinner: Slow cooker Chicken Taco Stew, lettuce, home-made french dressing
    Snacks: 3 hershey hugs, greek yogurt, almonds

Calories: 932
    Carbs: 99
    Sat Fat: 11
    Cholesterol: 65

No real walk today due to rain and storms, but did get out and walk around a couple of stores, so it wasn't a total loss.
  • connierandel
    Saturday:
    Brunch: 1 cup slow cooker chicken taco stew. 1 SF jello
    Dinner: 1/2 cup taco stew, 3/4 cup spaghetti, 1 cup spaghetti
    Snacks: 1 string cheese, 1oz almonds, 2 Hershey hugs.

No exercise today...just chilled out. I guess I got out of the habit.
  • cmsienk
    Only 2,600 steps today. A lot of sitting at two different bridal showers.

Early morning: 2 cups half caff

Brunch: 2 egg bites, 1 small gf cinnamon muffin, fruit salad, gf cake (very rich, but I NEVER get cake at an event... this one was gf because the bride-to-be also has a gluten allergy), 2 cups coffee

Dinner: cheese nachos

2 fun size almond joys and a handful of strawberries from my sister's garden

Not great eating. I'll do better tomorrow
  • Restfinder
    edited June 2021
    I've gotten over 2,000 steps in the last three and maybe four days. On goal with that. Didn't stay on plan over the weekend, but am back on track today. I'll get my house laps in after lunch!

Y'all make my mouth water with these chocolate treats! I saw a chocolate extract today that didn't have cocoa in it, at least it wasn't on the ingredients list, it just had chocolate flavor. Hmmm. Not sure how I'd use that in my fruity smoothies! LOL!
  • connierandel
    edited June 2021
    Kim - If you can't have chocolate have you used carob? My mom is allergic to chocolate, and buys unsweetened carob chips and melts and sweetens with non-sugar sweeteners. Really tastes like chocolate. She melts over ice-cream, etc.

Lunch: 1 slice bread, one slice cheese, 1oz pretzels
    Dinner: hamburger patty, 1/2 hamburger bun, corn on the cob.
    snacks: almonds, greek yogurt, 3 hershey hugs

Nice outdoor walk, but got home just in time for rain to start again.

bm1jtjemnp14.png
  • Restfinder
    You know, I've heard of carob but haven't tried it. I will look that up on Amazon and see what I can find. I'd like to add it to my smoothies. I ordered some natural orange extract so I can make an orange cream smoothie, but would love something like a chocolate peanut butter smoothie! MMMM. Your numbers look awesome!
  • connierandel
    Well, today wasn't quite as good. I had a half egg and one egg white. The egg always makes my numbers look bad, plus there was a little real butter in my mashed potatoes and in the chicken and noodles.

Lunch:
    1/2 egg and 1 egg white, 1.3 oz home-made turkey sausage, 1 slice toast, 1/2 oz pretzels
    Dinner:
    1/3 cup mashed potatoes, 2/3 cup egg noodles with 2 oz chicken and homemade cream of chicken soup, salad with homemade french dressing.
    Snacks:
    chocolate almonds, 3 Hershey hugs, string cheese
    5dsfcjsabwjt.png
  • connierandel
    Well, I wound up a bit lower in Calories and Sat fats. I didn't eat my string cheese.
  • cmsienk
    4,900 steps today - shut off my 6,000 step goal. Not great eating...
  • Restfinder
    I have no idea how many steps I have walked today, I forgot to put my watch on after recharging it last night until I sat down here at the computer. I will guess at how many I had. I haven't reached my 2,000 step goal the last two days. My legs were too sore to do all of my house laps yesterday, so I know that is why I missed, but I did get around 1800 steps, still quite a few more than what I would have normally gotten.

On track eating-wise.
  • connierandel
    Well - I stayed in my 8 hour time frame for eating and I didn't cheat the entire day, just dinner. But, I was over in everything thanks to Mexican...but it was good. I was realistic and didn't eat the chips :frowning: , and didn't over-eat.
  • cmsienk
    More than 9,000 steps yesterday. Went for a 4 1/2 mile walk with a friend late morning yesterday.

My eating habits have gotten away from me lately. Today I put a stop to that.
  • Restfinder
    Wow, that is a very long walk! I'm happy to make it to the end of the yard and back! LOL! We had rain this morning, so I won't get those steps in watering the flowers!

I lost two pounds, so happy about that. Hope they stay off. Staying on plan!
  • connierandel
    Lunch: taco salad with a half oz. pretzels.
    Dinner was left-over chicken and noodles with some pan-seared chicken breast and a salad with home-made french dressing.
    Snacks: almonds and 3 hershey hugs

The numbers weren't bad, but the protein was a bit high with all of the chicken.
    I haven't gotten a walk in today, but there isn't a reason. I think I will go do that now. It is a beautiful day.
    mewz87ssyabb.png
  • Restfinder
    I did 12.5 laps yesterday to up my step number. I was getting to seven and my thighs were really hurting. Wade subtly suggested I change my footwear and it made all the difference in the world. I hadn't been able to wear anything but my sandals for awhile, so was very happy when my sneakers fit! I was over 2,000 steps yesterday! Yippee!

Down to 236.2 this morning.