What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,540 Member
    Love cheese!

I've been eating less since not feeling well with possible pneumonia again. We did a home test on Wade and it was positive for Covid. He is pretty sick, although today he was moving around a bit more. I did a test too and it was negative. He is hiding in the bedroom. We have two adjustable beds and one of them is in my office room, so I was able to sleep comfortably there last night. I was even cool enough with just a fan on me rather than the A/C unit on in the bedroom. I'd appreciate your prayers for us.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,740 Member
    I've also been making poor choices lately. And not being able to walk the several miles a day that I like to walk hasn't helped. I brought 6 apples and small pkgs of peanut butter with me. That's mainly what I have to snack on this week.
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,807 Member
    I have been pretty good with watching my in between meal snacks and sugar intake. Yesterday I had 1 donut for breakfast, but my calorie count was less than 1250, so not bad. I haven't gotten into exercise because walking is my preferred way and I try not to leave Bill if not 100% necessary and then for less than an hour without a babysitter.
  • Restfinder
    I understand! We had to watch Mom all the time - she was sneaky!

Not much right now, just resting and working on getting over this breathing stuff. I have two days left on the antibiotics - but that's because I missed two doses - blush! Wade is starting to feel better and we'll do another home covid test to make sure he's negative before he goes around anyone. So far God has kept me from getting it. We are trying to be really careful so I won't get it! I have a CAT scan scheduled for Oct. The one I had in Nov showed some issues with the lymph nodes in my lungs. They can swell with pneumonia, but the Dr didn't like how they looked. I was supposed to get another one after three months, but I didn't have the means to get it done - which I do now! Yeah! It will be 11 months rather than 3. Lord willing it gave those lymph nodes time to settle down. I need to Google and see if lymphedema can affect the nodes in the lungs. OH, I am using Brave now as my (argh, I can't think of what you call it - same thing as Firefox but a bit stronger in protection) so I use something different than Google. It is a good search engine (is that it?)

Love y'all.
  • connierandel
    I was a bit low on calories today, but had plenty to eat. My carb count was a bit high.
  • Restfinder
    Your calorie count used to be consistently low - to lose weight I have to eat no more than 1000 calories a day. Sometimes the acid perks up and I need to eat something so it will quiet down - sigh, up go the calories. Right now I'm okay that I'm not losing and not gaining either. I am eating a treat during the week, one! I also have a treat or two on the weekend - that needs to stop! Two treats over a week is going to have to do me.

• connierandel
    Today I was better on calories but still just a little bit low. I was better on the carbs, too. I am trying to keep this simple so that I am not cooking two different meals. That's how I got off the diet to begin with...too many diets to keep up with, so I was just cooking and eating what they guys could have. Then, the sugar got involved.
  • Restfinder
    It will feel good to get back into what you were used to!
  • cmsienk
    My eating on this trip has been pretty good. Since last Friday, I've only had two little desserts... a really small flan one day and some kind of a caramel pudding on another day. Still no walking though. It's a slow process, but I think my heel is starting to heal. (lol - unintentional play on words there)
  • Restfinder
    Very good, you get a gold star for getting the spellings correct! I get caught up at times on passed and past. One has to do with movement and the other with time - but I see the past used for movement many times in stories and it throws me - is that right, not right??? I took some tests to see if I could do editing and I messed up on words that can either be put together or apart - no where or nowhere!

Trying to get completely over this breathing thing, but it's hanging on. Most of the time I'm fine and then I suddenly can't catch my breath or breath deeply and have the breath resolve. I was able to get a little housework done today and won't have to look at the dust on my TV stand or under my desk/hutch! A whole person could have been created from the dust under my desk/hutch! Ick! Wade is doing really well. He was out mowing the lawn today! He is still quarantining until he's sure he's not contagious any more, following the CDC guidelines. I do not need a virus that affects the lungs! Although he didn't have much of that with this bout of it. He had some of the stomach stuff and a lot of congestion in his head and exhaustion, oh, and a fever. All that in the first couple of days and then he was getting better!

Love y'all.
  • connierandel
    It really is better getting back in line, but have been trying to figure out evening snacks. I finally remembered that I usually had a handful of almonds. I also would eat a few Hershey kisses, but right now I need to quit the sugar because I have trouble stopping it.
  • Restfinder
    It's amazing how addictive sugar can be - well carbs too for that matter!
  • connierandel
    Today was pretty good. Exactly 1000 calories, so a bit low, but ate plenty. I did buy some crystal light to have something "sweet". It has also increased my water intake a bit. I have some healthier snacks coming with the next grocery order, so that will be good.
  • connierandel
    Today was cheat day. I am not tracking, and ate a high calorie/carb dinner and a small cookie, but I think I will be with a 1350-1400 calorie range.
  • cmsienk
    edited September 18
    Today I had a slice of peanut butter toast with coffee for breakfast, two gf waffles for lunch and veggie mac 'n cheese with baby peas for dinner. So it was also a pretty high carb day for me.
  • Restfinder
    I'm going to work hard at NO TREATS this week. Wade made us ribs in the crock pot so I will probably have those for lunch and something lighter for dinner.
  • connierandel
    I was at about 1150 calories for the day. We had spaghetti for dinner, so it was rather high calorie, and if I have spaghetti, I want a little piece of garlic bread! All-in-all, I did pretty good considering.
  • Restfinder
    Wow, that is really good.

I didn't do my between lunch and dinner snack and had a light snack in the evening. I weighed this morning and was down two pounds, but then again, I've lost and gained those same two pounds several times lately! I'm just glad it isn't going up.

I did do some arm exercises this morning and plan to do them every day. I can only use 1 lb weights because of the arthritis in my hands and wrists, so I just try to do a bunch of them. Lighter today since I didn't do anything while I was sick. My right hip, leg and SI joint were very bad last night and this morning so I have my TENS unit on and hope that gives relief.
  • cmsienk
    I lost that 2 lbs. I gained while I was in Las Vegas. It must be solely based on diet, because I have done zero exercising with this foot...
  • Restfinder
    Is your foot at least getting better?

Still having breathing issues which get worse when I do any activity that involves walking. I did my upper body exercises with the weights yesterday and will do them as soon as I finish here!