Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,370 Member
    Options
    7 1/2 hours of sleep last night; 3,500 steps today
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Did a little extra walking when Wade and I went into town. I'm avoiding treats until the weekend.

I got one of my change of weather headaches this morning and am having a twinge of one right now, but it stayed mild and went away much more quickly than it normally would!
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    Okay, i am trying to get back on track a little. I have gained so much with all of the treats and sweets. Today I did a 10/14 eating schedule with no in between meal eating and the only sweet was a mini hershey bar. That wasn't too hard. Breakfast and lunch were reasonable calories, but dinner was fairly high cal. I didnt track, but I do need to get back to tracking.
  • connierandel
    Options
    I did so well yesterday. Then forgot I was supposed to be good and when I was eating with mom today they brought this big slice of chocolate cake and set it in front of me. I realized I was trying to watch calories after I was 3/4 through it. I was good the other meals and no snacks.

• connierandel
    Options
    Fairly good day today. Just under 1000 calories and just under 100 carbs. I even stayed away from all snacks. I probably was at about a 9/15 fast. With the schedule I keep with my mom, I just can't do the 8/16 fast.
  • connierandel
    Options
    I made the 8/16 fast today, but was at about 1300 calories. Too many starches, but no sweets.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Healthy dinner tonight - salmon and salad. And earlier tonight I helped stack firewood. It's a small start
  • connierandel
    Options
    I did the 8/16 fast again today. I think it is easier when Kip doesn't eat with us. I was a little lower in calories today. Still no sweets, but was really tempted because my calories were a little low.
  • cmsienk
    edited February 26
    Options
    Just got back from walking with my friend, Beth. Thank you for your past prayers for her. Her eyes have improved - not enough that she could go back to work or drive on the highway - but she is able to drive down familiar surface streets to go to church or the grocery store, so she's got some semblance of autonomy. We walked 2 1/2 miles this morning (something over 5,000 steps) and then had a nice visit over coffee.
  • connierandel
    Options
    No sweets, calories 37 over goal, but mostly carbs since I ate breakfast and lunch on the run and was worn out when I got home.
  • cmsienk
    edited February 28
    Options
    I ended the day at just under 7,400 steps (3 1/2 miles) and I also went to my exercise class for the first time in a couple of months. I will be sore tomorrow, but hopefully that means a good night's sleep.
  • connierandel
    Options
    2 cookies, but calories were under. I stayed in the 8/16 range easily, but because I got up at 5 with a text from Kip's daughter about his condition, and then I worked and texted and talked to people all day long. I forgot to eat and it was almost noon before I realized I hadn't had breakfast. I didn't get exercise except I was up and down the steps a million times today. Work in Kip's apartment, then check on Bill, or grab cleaning supplies, or grab a cup of coffee, or fold laundry and take it down. I don't know how many trips I made down the steps, but at least I wasn't carrying anything heavy - that went in the chair lift and sent it up and down the steps.
  • cmsienk
    edited February 28
    Options
    It's a pamper day for me today. I had money left on one of those Delta Visa cards (from when I gave up my seat and got compensated for it last summer). I noticed it was expiring 3/24 and didn't know if that was 3/1/24 or 3/31, so decided to book a pedicure for today so I wouldn't lose that. My feet appreciate me 🥰 💅
  • connierandel
    Options
    I stayed in the 8/16 fast, but ate lunch at Mom's complex. That meant tasty food that was healthy-ish but also pie. The slice was small. Again, a ton of stairs, so some exercise.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Turned down the chance this morning for a Carrot Cake that was marked down by $20.00! BUT it was 350 calories each slice and the first ingredient was sugar - good deal, but not good for you! We usually take a slice and keep the rest in the freezer and the next week have another slice - but that was just too much!

I am doing 12/12, quitting at 7PM and then having breakfast between 7 and 8 AM. If I don't get something near bed time my stomach just gurgles and Wade brings me something anyway! I did get 520 extra steps yesterday and was able to take my walk outside. It should be warm enough this afternoon to get another walk in. I've been walking inside a little bit, but not getting as many steps.
  • connierandel
    Options
    I was way under calories today, so had a couple peanut butter sandwich cookies. I worked in Kip's apartment most of the morning, so lots of stairs and lots of work. I miss going to see my mom everyday! I got spoiled by Kip, but she did go to lunch on her own.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    3,000 steps today
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Woohoo, y'all! I did an extra 500 or so steps yesterday (I put my watch on the charger before I checked to see my total!). I will walk inside today since it isn't supposed to reach 60.

I stopped eating at 6:15 last night and had breakfast at 7:30 this morning. I'm scared to weigh myself because my weight has been going up. I did stop taking one of my diuretics and I could tell my feet and hands were puffier. I've been using the restroom like crazy throughout the night, so I'm hoping that is extra fluid that needs to come off!
  • connierandel
    Options
    The last few days I have lost my momentum.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Don't do that, Connie! Oh, here's how Gomer would say it - "Don't go doing that with your momentum, now!" Try doing just one change at a time, something that you can do easily, then as that becomes a habit, add another thing. You have so much on your plate, just go easy!

I've lost another pound or two. I'm down to 237 this morning! Woohoo. I figured out my diuretics too. I took the one I re-started at night, and it's the one that pulls the most fluid out, thus four times out of bed. I took one the next day and then started on the re-start one in the morning and the other at night, and wallah, one time when I went to sleep and seven hours later! Praise the Lord!

Praying for y'all.