What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Options

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,370 Member
    edited March 4
    Options
    I meant to do some stretching and exercises in my room last night but I was just so tired! I took a nap before dinner... counting that as my healthy thing because I haven't been doing great in the sleep department lately
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, Cindy!

Went out for a little bit today (pick up meds) and so far I have 1526 steps - for me, that is very good. I haven't been feeling well for the past three days, so I'm just taking it easy - it's hard to catch my breath when I do something active! I think my allergies are on overdrive rather than whatever is going around - but who knows any more. About 75% of the folks in my church were sick too, so it could be whatever is going around.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Not a lot of steps today, but I just got to my exercise class, so I'll burn some calories tonight. Salmon and peas for dinner and no snacking (so far) today
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Woohoo, Cindy! Me, not so much!
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Soup (French onion, no croutons) and salad bar for dinner... this was a win for me because what I really wanted was a burger and sweet potato fries
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I really like French Onion Soup! I rarely have it though. Yeah for you, making a wise choice!
  • cmsienk
    edited March 24
    Options
    Just got back from a walk with Dave... 1,500 steps so far today. I made the mistake of making banana cake (with cream cheese frosting) yesterday. Lol. I was testing a new dessert for Easter. It's a 9x13 sheet cake, and at least I froze half and only frosted half.

I forgot that earlier we stacked a list of firewood on the porch... that was a little workout too.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Well, somehow I tweaked my back when I was cleaning up a little while ago. Now it hurts my lower back (right side only) to bend down. That's unfortunate as I still have things to pick up (mostly toys in my sunroom from when my daughter and grandson were over the other day. They usually clean up before they go, but, it was so late when they left, I told my daughter to just forget about it and I'd take care bare of it later. Regretting that now.)

My brother-in-law and his wife are coming over later this afternoon and I was hoping for a neat house. They haven't been here since we had our floors refinished, the staircase replaced, and the main area painted. Oh well - they'll just have to understand. At least I have that handy robot vacuum to sweep and mop the entire main area for me!
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Oh boy! I can commiserate! Hoping and praying your pain leaves quickly!

I made some muffins for breakfast. I've been buying Aussie Bites, so making them myself will save some money! They have around 5 calories more than the Aussie Bites, but when I put the recipe into a calculator it had a ton of sodium in it. I took out the baking soda and powder and that lowered it to about half that amount but it shouldn't make much difference, they didn't rise anyway! LOL! But they are quite tasty with a hint of heat from the cayenne pepper!

Will try to get some house walking in today!
  • pianolady831
    pianolady831 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon, Cindy. Surely your guests will understand, for it seems the unexpected always happens.

It warmed up this afternoon and I was able to get a short walk in. Dogwoods are starting to slowly open up and we have several on our street.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Have you gone to the Dogwood Festival while you've been in TN, Carole? So beautiful! It's in Knoxville area. We lived in-between Crossville and Knoxville, in Crab Orchard up on the plateau so we were able to get to either city easily. I had two weeping cherries when we were in Hickory. Wade ended up digging one of them up because it looked like an octopus and we couldn't see out our front window! The other one was so beautiful, tall and slender with the waterfall of flowers - but the branches kept growing down and across the ground! Wade had to keep trimming it back - that one went too! Or a Japanese Maple. We almost got one of those, but where we wanted it used to have a tree there and you have to plant a Japanese Maple on "virgin" soil, they don't like old roots lying about! Sigh! They were really expensive too! I had a flowering pomegranate too, beautiful orange flowers and pods, but when Mom moved in we had to clear away the clematis and pomegranate to make room for her driveway! I'll take Mom every time! I did find a lilac-colored azalea that looks similar to the one I had to leave behind as well (I had a gorgeous yard in Hickory thanks to the previous owners). We do have a magnolia in our front yard, with a little trimming it will look pretty! LOL! The birds love it! Well, that's enough of that!

Hope y'all have an awesome day. Oh, and I did get a few indoor laps in before my back told me I'd had enough, about 1500 and a wee bit more steps yesterday.

• cmsienk
    Options
    Kim, we planted 4 Dogwood trees when we first built our house - 30 years ago. They bloomed beautifully every spring for about 5 years, then suddenly all but one died. 😑 That one is still going strong...
  • Restfinder
    Options
    We had a dogwood when we moved in in Hickory but it died a year later! Quite strange to lose three of them. I know, we had a lot of beautiful trees in our yard, seems like I keep saying, "I had one of those!" but, I think I've mentioned all of them! LOL!
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Burgers, peas and a small baked potato for dinner
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I've been doing more salads. My favorite right now is with an apple, cubed chicken breast, a crispy curly lettuce, Colby Jack shredded cheese and Thousand Island dressing. So refreshing! I need to do my smoothie more often: 4 oz Cranberry Juice, 4 oz water, 1 oz liquid vitamins, 2 tsp cranberry powder, 1 scoop potassium powder, 1 scoop magnesium threonate, 1 scoop greens powder, 1/2-1 scoop of pea protein powder. If I want to use my blender I also add my frozen three berry blend.
  • cmsienk
    edited March 29
    Options
    I need to move more... I've gotten very sedentary
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    I need to get both of our diets back on track. While we have been here it has been very difficult getting the spices, etc that I have used in my recipes. I don't want to take stuff back with me, so have bought more sodium saturated mixes. And, they aren't even as good! At least we haven't done a ton of take out....although on sale days and nights when company came by, we did do chicken strips or pizza.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Oh, Pizza, I love me some thin-crust pepperoni pizza! Wade makes a really good French bread pizza too.

I'm going to work hard at keeping my calories around 1000-1200 a day. I just can't lose an ounce when it's higher than that! I'm going to try and get at least 1500-2000 steps a day as well! I didn't order my coffee protein drink this month and will just drink my regular coffee and have my muffin for breakfast. I did that this morning. I am going to try and do my smoothie for lunch and then a regular dinner, and a snack around 6:30 (dinner is usually between 3:30 and 4:00. Lord willing I will be able to stick to this!
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I've gotten right around 4,000 steps the last couple of days. My goal is 6,000. So I need to work on being more consistent at that
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I had a lot of trouble with my heartrate yesterday, but today it seems to be doing like it should, so praise the Lord. I will get extra steps in today and say no to treats! (well, except for a few jelly beans)!