What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,540 Member
    Oh yum! I'm on track so far today, although we aren't much into the day. I'll finish off my dinner from last night, maybe add another egg since there isn't much left.

Super sleepy today. I had two migraines yesterday and one this morning. I'm ready for my Aimovig to kick in.
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,807 Member
    Kim - hope you are feeling better.

No walk today. I didn't sleep much last night, for no particular reason. Then today, I just couldn't get motivated.

Calories 1113
    Carbs 94
    Sat Fat 13
    Cholesterol 78
  • connierandel
    Did the nutrition fairly well today, bit didn't walk. HOT AGAIN.

Whew so aggravated! When my BIL filled the dishwasher, it wouldn't turn on. It doesn't have any of it's normal lights on the front. If it isn't one thing it's a dozen! I know we needed new racks in this one, so it's probably time, but we haven't had it but about 4 years.
  • connierandel
    Calories 974
    Carbs 100
    Sat Fat 12
    Cholesterol 108

No walk today. It may still happen if it cools down. We will see
  • Restfinder
    Started to get another headache this evening but, praise the Lord, caffeine and Tylenol knocked it out. Less tired as well. I did have wheat and dairy today - ugh. Sometimes you just gotta have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

I need to find an easy flat bread recipe that I can switch the wheat flour out with my coconut flour. I found a recipe on THM, but it was complicated. Most flat bread, out there in the world, is flour and water! LOL!

Did some stuff around the house and ate well. I made soup for dinner but added a can of cream of chicken soup to the mix, so it was that, chicken broth, chicken breasts, a can of green beans, a can of lima beans and a can of corn (we were out of the frozen veggie blend) and those were the only veggies I could find in the pantry besides lots of different kinds of beans! It was good. Probably too much sodium since the spice blend I use often makes things taste pretty salty, but then I don't usually salt stuff so it may just be the normal amount.
  • connierandel
    edited September 2021
    Kim, any canned veggies are pretty high
    in sodium and your cream of chicken soup is high in sodium. If you are trying to keep an eye on sodium, you need to find a recipe for the soup and eliminate or reduce salt, and buy no-salt veggies and broth. If you aren't worried about it, just ignore. :smiley:

My BIL came up and wanted to order Denny's tonight, so a blown diet for the day. I am keeping it to just that meal, and stopping my eating at 7:00 so it won't be such a disastrous day. If I eat my entire logged meal and normal snacks it will be 1506 calories. Since Bill's dinner alone is over 1100 calories, I at least made a little healthier choice.
  • Restfinder
    Yesterday was a blown day for me. I had McDonalds for lunch, then my neighbor brought dinner over for us, lots of no-no's there! I did have green beans, that's about the healthiest thing there! LOL! On track today. Will probably do my soup tonight.

Great points, Connie. I'll have to put those notes on the list next time Wade shops. I could use coconut milk in the soup next time, although that would add a bit of that flavor to it, but it isn't a strong flavor, so I may try that. I can also add glucomannon which is a thickener acceptable with THM. I didn't buy their brand but have a bottle from NOW foods. They are a pretty good company who does natural and organic (at least they did when I first started buying from them!)
  • connierandel
    Well, I did decrease my snack last night, but still an awful day.

Today was not a good day, either. I thought I was doing well, but I forgot how much Sat Fat is in ground turkey and I had a small amount of leftover taco meat for lunch (2 oz) and a large burger for dinner. I still wound up high. I didn't think about that SF pudding that I had, either. My carbs are a bit high, too. Just not a great day.

Calories 1073
    carbs 105
    sat fat 17
    cholesterol 172
  • pianolady831
    pianolady831 Posts: 265 Member
    I didn't track foods today, but did better than normal overall. Only exception was a small serving of vanilla ice cream tonight.

The cooler weather is great for walking. I've been experimenting with walking a little slower, which makes walking uphill easier, and discovered that it still gets my heart rate up. Walked 26 minutes this evening.
  • Restfinder
    Connie, a bad day for you would be an awesome day for me, although I do try to keep my sat fat below 15.

I did have dessert last night but a lighter lunch and dinner. I was at 236.2 this morning, down .4 of a pound. Woohoo.

• connierandel
    Got my mile walk in today, and Bill and I got our first vaccines. Now we wait 4 weeks for the second.

Calories 1095
    Carbs 99
    Sat Fat 14 (goal)
    Cholesterol 112

This just is funny to me. The numbers look so much better, but I pan-fried chicken breasts (sliced thin) in a tad of olive oil, made white gravy, mashed potatoes and carrots. That seems like it would have a lot more sat fat than the turkey. Oh, well. I have made this quite a bit because the guys like it, and it fits in the numbers. The guys got strawberry shortcake, but that isn't a temptation to me because I don't like strawberries.
  • pianolady831
    pianolady831 Posts: 265 Member
    Connie, do you season your chicken breasts with anything? I'm always looking for ways to cook chicken that are appealing to Dwight. And how do you make a white gravy?
  • connierandel
    I season them with no-salt seasoning (right now from dollar tree) and no salt Cavendar's Greek Seasoning (WalMart doesn't carry anymore, so I buy from Amazon). These are my go-to seasonings. If I think something needs a more salty flavor, I use a little Accent (MSG) since it isn't nearly as high in sodium and we have no allergies to it.

White gravy (country gravy) is just using the little bit of oil from frying the chicken breasts, adding flour, browning a bit and adding milk to it. This I do use just a bit of accent in, as well as the Greek seasoning.
  • Restfinder
    Wade makes that kind of gravy for breakfast using the bacon or sausage grease! Yum. I haven't had any in quite awhile though.

I use a coconut flour and parmesan cheese mixture on my chicken. I dip them in egg first and then in the flour and parmesan then sautee in coconut oil. I like them! I use the tenders though, they cook up a lot faster and the coating doesn't get too dark. I have a chicken and poultry rub that I like to use on chicken too, but it is salty!

Down .2 of a pound this morning! Woohoo! I like these downs. I'm still at just 236, but at least it is less than it was a week ago! Please Lord, let it keep going down!

• connierandel
    Calories 1013
    Carbs 94
    Sat Fat 13
    Cholesterol 152

Mmmm - I made a big pot of chili for dinner. One of my favorites.
  • Restfinder
    Doing well with my eating, although I am hoping to get a treat this weekend! I did do a little bit of walking yesterday, but I am finding that I am having trouble catching my breath when I walk outside, and even sometimes inside. It seems like my heart is just beating really hard if not too fast, and that makes it hard to breathe. I may have to go up on my Metoprolol, that half a pill I'm not taking right now and go from 37.5 to 50mg. I don't want to but if this doesn't clear up... It may just be I need to work it more!
  • connierandel
    Having a bit of a problem leveling out my foods. I had to do a quick dinner, so I did chili over baked potatoes and salad. The potato got in the way of the carbs.

Calories 896
    Carbs 105 (that's the top of the limit I set, but usually try to keep under 100)
    Sat Fat 13
    Cholesterol 51

Tomorrow I will have tuna salad sandwiches, so the cholesterol will be high, but other than that it should be okay. Usually Sunday is left overs, but that wound up today.
  • connierandel
    Calories 975
    Carbs 88
    Sat Fat 13
    Cholesterol 375 with goal of 300. Of that about 225 were just in egg from the tuna salad for lunch and then finishing it off for dinner. I knew going into today that it would happen, and sometimes I just have to have a real egg in something.
  • connierandel
    Calories 899
    Carbs 99
    Sat Fat 11
    Cholesterol 91

This is the last day on track for a few days. Tomorrow is birthday and cheating for the day. Then on Wednesday, I have to break my 8 hour eat rule, but can probably stay fairly on track. Thursday is oral surgery, so who knows what my numbers will look like. I already have a nice soft stew made for during the recovery process.
  • Restfinder
    I turned down the last of the orange creamcicle Twizzlers! That wasn't easy, I love orange cream, but it isn't time for me to do another treat. Wade found a peanut butter cookie recipe that uses coconut flour and if I use Stevia in it instead of the brown sugar it should be a fairly healthy snack for me. I need to do the fruit muffins that THM has and do those for a snack, they were delicious.