What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Replies

• connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,807 Member
    Calories 958
    Carbs 95
    Sat Fat 11
    Cholesterol 115

Well I got into the 130's again, but the next few days at Mom's may hurt that. I am not changing it here. I will wait until after I am home for a couple of days.

I am "top-heavy". I used to be more "hippy" but age has added more from the hips into the tummy, and that drives me nuts! But, I am still top-heavy.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,740 Member
    I am also trying to get back into the 130s. I'd been doing so well and then I got really busy with work and had no time for walking or even my once a week exercise class.

On top of that, my eating has not been great. I have to cut out all sugar again and try to get some exercise if I want to get rid of these 13 lbs that I've put back on!

Rant over. I did get 6,000 steps in yesterday. It's a start...
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,540 Member
    Wow, Cindy, Praise the Lord for the work, so sorry about having a hard time getting in the exercise and healthy eating! I think I was in the 140's when I was in high school and haven't been since! I would rejoice to get to 200, that is my goal. My body is fighting me every step of the way. I read about everyone having a "set point", a place that your body says, yep, this is the weight I want you to be, and we have to fight it to get below that. Well, it seems my body likes me in the 230's! Oh NO! But, I know how to fight it, it's just making myself do what needs to be done.

I will, Lord willing, get my walk in again today, hopefully up to four laps. I did get my tennis shoes on this morning first thing after I got out of bed. The left foot still took a little wrangling to get on, but the right foot slipped right in. I think the swelling is going down a wee bit and for that I praise the Lord.
  • connierandel
    Cindy - Good to see you back!

We are home and I am looking forward to getting back to my regular diet. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow and I'm not sure he is going to be happy. I lost a couple of stitches while we were at mom's. It is a bit sore, too. We will see. I was pretty good at staying away from hard to chew foods at mom's, but I did eat some chips and toast, but on the "healthy" side of my mouth,
  • Restfinder
    I got five laps in yesterday! Woohoo! I'll try for five again today. We are supposed to be up to 80, I sure wish it would feel like that in the house. I've been ready to pull out the sweats it's been chilly in the mornings, but I just pulled out the jeans and the sweater/shawl wrap that I have and that's been keeping me warm until it warms up outside. Gotta love this transition time where you bundle up in the morning and then start peeling things off as it gets warmer!

Well, I had a cookie this morning! Wade brought a whole box of my favorite cookies home, so I put most of them in the freezer and saved out several for over the weekend. I'm going to set up a challenge for the coming holiday season so we will hopefully make it through without the dreaded 10 pound weight gain.
  • connierandel
    I had my dentist appointment today and he said that everything looked good and took out a couple more stitches, but said that it is imperative that I stick with soft food for another 2 weeks. It's so funny, the reasoning that he gave me was almost word for word the reasoning that Bill's doctor gave him for staying in the boot for another 2.5 weeks after the stitches came out. I almost laughed at him, but didn't want to have to explain the whole thing. I probably had a silly grin, though.

No exercise today. I am getting way too lazy!
    Calories - 845
    Carbs - 99
    Sat Fats - 14 (when I first put in tracker it showed 13, so one over)
    Cholesterol - 110
  • Restfinder
    I got in four and a half laps yesterday and will try and get back up to five today. Weight is going back up, but I am allowing more snacks, so that will end today!
  • connierandel
    Officially gained two pounds on my trip to moms. That's totally ridiculous for three days! I wasn't all that horrible, either.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,740 Member
    I made some healthy chicken vegetable soup for dinner last night and had that again for lunch today. Headed up to have dinner at a burger place with my dad and son and his family. Then we're off to watch his youngest daughter in a local production of Alice in Wonderland. She won the part of Alice's sister. She's also a Daisy in Wonderland and a playing card.
  • connierandel
    Cindy - That sounds like so much fun! Pictures?

Calories - 860
    Carbs 101 - yes, I went one over, but was having a hard time with balancing and needed a few more calories.
    Sat Fat - 12
    Cholesterol - 207 (egg in my pea salad)
  • connierandel
    Calories - 962
    Carbs -100
    Sat Fat - 13
    Cholesterol - 74
  • connierandel
    edited October 2021
    Calories 976
    Carbs 105 (top limit on my tracker - It is leftover Sunday!)
    Sat Fat 10
    Cholesterol 104
  • Restfinder
    Down in weight this morning, but waiting for the blow out weekend I had to show up. I actually ate, without realizing it, a piece of chocolate pecan pie. I knew it didn't taste like strictly pecan pie, but the chocolate was subtle in it - my husband told me long after I'd eaten it that it had chocolate in it - and, praise the Lord, I didn't get a migraine! Woohoo. I had some aura's at the Birthday party we went to on Saturday and quickly took my Tylenol and caffeine and ended up with only a mild headache - thank You, Jesus!

Will continue with my walking today and putting a ban on treats until next weekend!

Oh, one of my friends made me a cheesecake whip - three ingredients: 8 oz whipping cream, 8 oz cream cheese, and 1/2 C. powdered erythritol (my friend used Pyure). I am going to try it with non-dairy whipped topping, softened cream cheese, and I have Stevia Powder which is about five times stronger than the granulated sweetener, so I would probably just add a 1/2 Tbsp. to the mix. It is a keto friendly recipe and gives us something sweet without the sugar! Woohoo!

• connierandel
    Calories 914
    Carbs 83
    Sat Fat 13
    Cholesterol 147

I'm just a mess - I need to get back to exercising, but it has just been cold and ugly. I need to get out of the house, and when I walk I love it. Arrg. I have my annual physical this Thursday. I wonder what the blood work is going to look like? Last year, I was basically keto. This year the carbs are a lot higher.
  • connierandel
    Kim, but using non-dairy whipped topping your are probably taking your cheesecake whip out of keto. The whipping cream doesn't have carbs, but non-dairy usually does. It would still be really good, and low carb. It would be tasty to add a little pumpkin, a little peanut butter, or a few chocolate chips (or carob). Again, not keto then...
  • Restfinder
    Well, I may have to just take those carbs because of my trouble with dairy. Bummer, I didn't realize that. I don't think they make coconut milk whipped cream, do they? LOL! Hmmm, I wonder if you could whip coconut cream??? Oh wow, I just looked it up and you can make it out of full fat coconut milk, some type of sweetener (I like Stevia) and some vanilla! Praise the Lord, I will do that. The coconut milk I just ordered from Amazon is unsweetened vanilla flavored and it doesn't say that it is reduced fat, so I guess I could use that - at least I will give it a try and see! If not, I can get the kind that has the cream in it and use that. Thanks for the info. I know that the cream cheese has dairy in it, that's why I wanted to use a non-dairy as the other ingredient, limiting the amount of dairy I get from this treat. I thought about the pumpkin - that would be yummy. Pumpkin is a healthy carb at least.

My carbs aren't anywhere near the Keto level, but I try to limit them as much as I am able, but, unfortunately, I just need my carbs, I just try to make them healthy carbs at least.
  • connierandel
    I looked at my blood work on-line today and it is all in the healthy level. Whew! I guess the extra carbs haven't hurt, and watching the cholesterol and sat. fats have helped, too. I have the appointment on Friday. She should be happy with me.

Calories 955
    Carbs 100
    Sat Fat 13
    Cholesterol 92
  • connierandel
    Bill and I had our new dishwasher installed today (finally and it fit!). Then, we went and got our second vaccine. When we got home, I had to go pick up an order at Penney's for Christmas. It was COLD, RAINY, and yucky all day. I'm glad to be home and warm. Tomorrow is my yearly Doctor's appt. The only thing that will be bad is that she is going to want me to schedule another colonoscopy and I don't want to do it. I know I need to because of the issues on the last one, but I would have to have Bill take me, and going to pick up the car to pick me up will be an issue. I have to get that figured out. At one time they offered valet parking, I need to see if that is still an option before I schedule. Bill wouldn't be able to go far to pick up the car, and may or may not remember where the car is parked.

Anyway:
    Calories 929
    Carbs 100
    Sat Fats 11
    Cholesterol 73
  • Restfinder
    I'm sure they would be willing to work something out for you, Connie. I think I'm good until I'm 70!

Had two cookies today. Just wanted something sweet. Can't say it was a thrill to eat them, but it satisfied that sweet tooth. Come the 1st of November my treats will be limited to two per week, so those two cookies would have been my treats for the whole week - gulp!

Did my walk today, got 850 steps in, so happy about that. I was shooting for 850-900 and I was ready to quit at about 700 but just kept going until I got to where I wanted to be. Phew! I'll walk again tomorrow and then take Sunday off. Mom does her house walk when I go outside to do my driveway walk! I'm glad she is getting some exercise. She's too unstable to walk on the uneven ground. She was putting on her shawl yesterday and lost her balance and ended up sitting on the floor. Sigh! I think she is going to have to do that with the chair behind her from now on. She has scoliosis and neuropathy and her brain, as damaged as it is, just can't balance her fast enough. She told us that the two times she landed on her face she had no idea she was falling until she felt the pain! I don't think it will be much longer before we are going to have to just keep her in a wheel chair - and I don't want to do that because I don't want her to stop trying, to feel she has some independence. God will let us know what we need to do and when.

Will try to have a better eating day than today. Oh, today included wheat as well and I am paying the price!
  • connierandel
    I have to laugh when you talk about your treats. I eat a few Hershey Hugs every day. If I can't have a treat, I won't stick to my diet. I just have to work them into the mix. Sometimes it is one, sometimes it is 4 depending on calories and carbs left for the day.

I had a really bad day yesterday. During the night before I started getting a headache (from the shot, I'm sure) and couldn't sleep. I got up and changed my doctor's appointment. I knew that I couldn't get up and go. I just laid on the couch all day. I stayed within my calorie guidelines (easy since I felt so bad) but did eat a fun-sized Snickers after my 7pm cut-off. I decided that the Tylenol I was taking wasn't doing much good, so took an Aleve. That did ease the pounding and this morning it is just an aggravation.