What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,740 Member
    edited December 2021
    Today I was woefully short on calories. Coffee for breakfast, yogurt for lunch, peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner. Tomorrow will be better.
  • cmsienk
    edited December 2021
    Finally the scale is moving in the right direction. Yesterday I was down a couple pounds, losing the last of what I'd gained over Thanksgiving.

I tried a protein drink in the morning. Since I haven't been able to eat breakfast anyway (I'm just not hungry) I thought I'd try this. I drank about half the bottle, then added the rest to my coffee. 30g of protein and 2g of sugar (monk fruit) and no inulin fiber (which a lot of them have and I don't stomach well).

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,540 Member
    Back on track today. Running back and forth to the hospital has put a kink in my diet. We'll be home today, friends are going to visit Mom this afternoon. She's in rehab now, a very good rehab associated with the hospital. She'll get three hours of therapy five days a week and any make up work on the weekend. I've been helping myself to whatever I feel like so I need to make today a good day to just give my system a break and get back on track.
  • pianolady831
    pianolady831 Posts: 265 Member
    So glad to hear that she got into the rehab that you wanted, Kim! How far away is it from where you live?

Cindy, I love breakfast foods, just not at the normal breakfast time, so I usually start my day with a Carnation light drink.
  • cmsienk
    edited December 2021
    I used to eat breakfast first thing in the morning, but since I did a little intermittent fasting, I'm just not hungry for food early in the day anymore. I also like breakfast foods and we'll quite often have breakfast for dinner.

I tried the Fairlife chocolate protein drink. It's a lot like drinking chocolate milk. 30g of protein, 150 calories. 2 sugars (and that's from monk fruit) it also tastes pretty good in coffee.
    mu26d45ikrfp.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Cindy, sounds yummy. I so wish I could eat chocolate. If I want the chocolate flavor I use my carob powder in some coffee. It doesn't blend in well so I have to keep stirring it, but it gives me that chocolate flavor without the migraine! LOL!

Still not eating well, just having too many treats. The cookies are gone now, so that should help. Going back and forth to the rehab center means at least one meal out. I will try to make better choices! Sigh. Hopefully Mom will bounce back quickly and need just the one week of therapy. They said on check in that they try to get them out of rehab in one or two weeks - woohoo! I'm not looking forward to the intense care she may be going to need when she gets home, and some of it I can't do, but I have an awesome friend who is ready to help me with all of that. Because we live so far out there isn't a home nursing opportunity, but if we find we do need someone at night then we have someone who can put the word out for the need for a night nurse. Mom likes to get up several times during the night and she isn't going to be able to do that by herself, and we can't be up and down all night and then coherently take care of her during the day, so we are trying to figure all of that out. Please keep us in your prayers. Love y'all.
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,807 Member
    Oh my goodness, I really went backwards while on our trip. I ate entirely too much and too often. I am glad to be back on track. Tonight is a catered Christmas party at church that we really need to attend, but I really don't want to go, and I don't know if Bill will want to go....he's just hard to get out of the house anymore. We will see. I should be able to stay on track calorie wise if we go, but not the intermittent fasting hours.

I jumped on the scales this morning and it showed a 10 pound gain. I don't think that is even possible, but I will have a lot of work ahead of me!
  • connierandel
    Today was solid on plan. Felt good! Hopefully this quickly gained weight will be quickly lost as well!

Calories - 996
    Carbs - 77
    Sat Fat - 8
    Cholesterol - 42
  • connierandel
    Calories - 1150
    Carbs - 89
    Sat Fat - 7
    Cholesterol - 22

A bit higher calories, but everything else is in line. And I was down a couple of pounds today. Gained 2 pounds a day for 5 days, it would be great if I could lose at the same rate (DREAM ON).
  • connierandel
    Carbs are a bit high, but other than that, okay. It was a chili and toasted cheese type of day!

Calories - 989
    Carbs - 110
    Sat Fat - 13
    Cholesterol - 92
  • connierandel
    Calories - 876
    Carbs - 105
    Sat Fat - 9
    Cholesterol - 72

Pretty good day today. Still about 5 carbs over my preference, but at top of my goal range.
  • Restfinder
    Sorry you've been in here by yourself lately, Connie! I haven't been doing well eating at all. We've had to get something out at least four days a week and cheap is what we are looking for so McDonald's has been our choice. I've also been eating some sweets (white chocolate, jelly beans (they're all gone now - phew)). Lunch today will be turkey/veggie/rice soup. Sounds delicious! I should be able to do better when Mom gets home, right now that should be on the 14th, but we'll see. She really needs to improve if I am going to be able to take care of her (with the help of my friend, Martha, who lives next door).
  • connierandel
    I did terrible yesterday. My BIL brought home Church's Chicken and all the trimmings...then I couldn't resist a couple of Oreos. Anyway, I had finally gotten back in the 130s. I didn't check this morning (for a reason!).
  • Restfinder
    I have been craving some fried chicken. I've had chicken nuggets and a fish sandwich while going back and forth from the hospital, but I keep wanting fried chicken - and that would just make a mess in the car and on us! LOL!

I lost one of the pounds that I had gained, so am Praising the Lord that it wasn't worse, cuz it definitely could have been!
  • connierandel
    After yesterday's fried chicken dinner, I really needed to make sure that one cheat meal didn't go into a cheat week.

Today:
    Calories - 1038
    Carbs - 84
    Sat Fats - 19 - OOPS! I couldn't correct it from my snacks, so decided to just leave as is.
    Cholesterol - 149
  • pianolady831
    I've done pretty good with my eating, but haven't taken walks like I wanted to. The Christmas season hasn't been packed full with church activities as in the past, but I've still been pretty busy with things like taking Dwight to doctor's appointments, visiting some shut-ins, etc.
  • connierandel
    My exercise and my water have really lagged this fall, too. I have just wanted coffee more than water, and I hate being cold. Even on the pretty days, though, I haven't walked except around stores, etc.

Calories - 1018
    Carbs - 103 (a bit higher than I like, but within my range)
    Sat Fats - 12
    Cholesterol - 184
  • pianolady831
    Water - 4 glasses (nowhere near the recommended 8, but more than I've been drinking)

Got a little more exercise in while shopping for a tree with Beth and Daniel, then took a short walk while our daytime temperatures are mild.
  • connierandel
    Left over day today. It never is pretty.
    Calories - 1027
    Carbs - 102 (a bit higher than I like, but within my range)
    Sat Fats - 12
    Cholesterol - 236
  • cmsienk
    Oh my goodness. I had been doing so well. I lost 5 lbs and was headed in the right direction, then booked a stressful job with long hours and gained all 5 back in 3 days! 😭 I haven't been tracking much - I think I need to start doing it again. Down 1/2 a lb this morning. It's a(nother) start.