What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,740 Member
    Same here re: not weighing in for a few days. I'm headed out to do errands today and will hopefully get in some good walking.

I cleaned out my closet yesterday and have four bags of (mostly clothes) to donate. More cost cleaning to come!
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,807 Member
    Today started well, but my BIL decided we needed to order in. Way too many calories, carbs, and fats....and then too many almonds and Hershey hugs!
  • connierandel
    Much better day today....and I am sure that sweeping all of the snow off of the porch, the landing, and the 13 steps leading to it was good exercise.

Calories 981
    Carbs 90
    Sat Fat 11
    Cholesterol 171
  • connierandel
    Well - It is Sunday. What do I say? At least it is just the carbs that are a bit high.

Calories 921
    Carbs 113
    Sat Fats 12
    Cholesterol 68
  • connierandel
    I really thought that I had blown it tonight with dinner, but it actually wasn't as bad as I had thought.

Calories - 1053
    Carbs - 100
    Sat fat - 11
    Cholesterol - 72
  • cmsienk
    - Chaffles for brunch
    - A slice of multigrain toast and hot chocolate mid afternoon
    - Broiled salmon and sautéed green beans for dinner

Overall, a pretty healthy day - eating-wise
  • connierandel
    I was just a tad high in sat fats (1 over) and cholesterol was higher than my norm due to eggs for dinner, but calories and carbs were in line.
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Working on staying within my calories today. Also, planning on meeting up with a friend to walk a couple miles.
    Can't help myself; I'm proud of how well this basted egg turned out:
    1/2 an Everything bagel topped with 1/2 a small avocado capped off with a basted egg (with a sprinkle of Everything But the Bagel seasoning)
    h9pkogexeq9o.jpg
  • connierandel
    I kind of blew the carbs today. I fixed air-fried chicken strips and baked potatoes. That potato was pretty big, and add the coating from the chicken, and the little bit of pasta from lunch and there it went.

Calories - 1167
    Carbs - 131
    Sat Fats - 10
    Cholesterol - 201 (a bit high for me, but within the allotted range)
  • connierandel
    Calories - 984
    Carbs - 100 (or 101 depending on the device checked)
    Sat Fats - 13
    Cholesterol - 154
  • cmsienk
    I'm low on calories today. I had a lemon yogurt at 2 o'clock and potato leek soup with a cauliflower garlic breadstick for dinner. Before 2 all I had was 3 cups of coffee.

I'm down a lb from the 5 I gained. At least that's the right direction.
  • connierandel
    Yesterday was Sunday, so numbers weren't great. Calories were in line, though.

I couldn't sleep and was hungry during the night, so I have already blown today. I'm not going to even try to track this mess.
  • connierandel
    Well - going a little over in carbs in getting to be a habit. I had left over pork loin, so I decided to make some BBQ sauce (basically sugar-free and salt free). It really turned out good. I used it in the leftover pork loin and in some pinto beans. Everything was cleaned up. I was totally shocked - There was a pretty big bowl of the pork (I figured some would go in freezer).

Calories 939
    Carbs 115
    Sat Fat 8
    Cholesterol 79
  • cmsienk
    I made turkey spinach soup last night. Also shoveled snow for 47 minutes. Two good choices.
  • connierandel
    Wow - I just can't get the carbs in line this week. I know today is due to the chicken and noodles, but I don't usually exceed this badly when we have them.

Calories - 1028
    Carbs - 122
    Sat Fats - 10
    Cholesterol - 158
  • connierandel
    I was so bad this weekend. I ate everything in sight on Friday and again on Sunday. Now, I need to get back on track! We will be going out for brunch with a group from our church on Thursday, but hopefully can be realistic in my eating.
  • cmsienk
    I've been so bad with candy lately. I have Hershey Kisses, York Peppermint Patties and Smarties in the pantry and ate at least one every day for the past week. I'd like to cut out candy completely for a while if I can.
  • connierandel
    Today I am within all paremeters except was over 1 sat fat. I need to get back to my water tracking and exercise. If I had walked today, it would have taken care of that one fat.
  • cmsienk
    I'm tracking my meals today; I haven't done that in a while. I also started a 16/8 fast on Tuesday, which I hope to keep up for at least the next 10 days or so. (I'm going out of town on the 27th and it's much harder to stick to that when I'm on the road.) Must get going on drinking water - today so far I'm at coffee - 3, water - 0 and it's already almost 3:30.
  • connierandel
    I have to get back to tracking and watching. I just have been bad. First it was dinner delivered, then brunch out with friends, then Mom's. I have been terrible in between meals, too. Back on track today. I haven't gotten on the scale and won't until I have been back on track a couple of days, but it won't be pretty. I'm back on the 16/8 fast, too. That works well for me.