What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,540 Member
    Cindy, I just saw the post about the pancakes. No, I didn't have any effects from them at all. I do have lingering effects from wheat and especially if paired with cheese. I'm going to feel the sausage mcmuffin I had for breakfast, even though I ate only half the muffin! Stopping at McDonald's for something to eat doesn't leave a lot of choices unless you just eat the meat by hand and get rid of the bread (which I've done). I can go a week without any wheat of dairy and still struggle with the effects of having had it. I think that there must be something else in my diet that causes the same stomach issues. I've toyed with having another food test done just to see if anything new has been added to my sensitivity/allergy list. I know that my migraine list kept growing, so why not this?

Since Ukraine said they are not going to export wheat any more, I think that staying away from it is going to be easier. I am going to use my Vitamix to do some oats into flour. I'm pretty sure I can do dough in it, so I can make some dough for some pan bread and see how that goes. I have psyllium husk to add to the oat flour so that it will be easier to work with. Coconut flour needs the psyllium husk as well, otherwise the flour alone just sucks up all of the liquid and you end up with sand!

I've been working out on my rowing machine again rather than going outside for a walk. I avoid going outside for more than a few minutes at a time since my allergies have gone crazy! I've gotten back into the 230's again (top end) but am happy for even that little bit of victory!

Y'all have a blessed Wednesday!
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,807 Member
    After.the cooking and eating out this week, I don't even want to get on the scales!
  • connierandel
    I still haven't made it to the scales. I have been tracking, but haven't been watching the nutrients like I should. Today I may be "bad". I made keto brownies, which still have fats and calories but no sugar (for my BIL). He was wanting chocolate pie yesterday, so I decided he needed a treat. We will be going away for the weekend to be with my mom and decorate graves... There is no dieting while there.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,740 Member
    edited May 2022
    I've fallen off the wagon as far as my eating goes. I'll be lucky to not gain a bunch of weight while I'm on this job. I brought my mat with me to do some exercising in my room at night, but I've been so tired, I haven't even dragged it out of my suitcase. 😑
  • Restfinder
    I tracked my eating yesterday and mostly stuck to my plan (instead of adding pistachios to my salad I used sesame seeds, and instead of regular French Dressing I made my own honey mustard dressing). That put me around 1200 calories for the day, but I was still hungry around 6:30 so I had some popcorn with salt, no butter. At least I stayed well under the 1500 calories at the top of my goals.

I made some broccoli salad with the honey mustard dressing instead of the mayo. I haven't eaten any yet, I like for it to marinate first, but I used dried cranberries, real bacon bits, sesame seeds and the dressing in with the broccoli. I'll use it as a side with some BBQ Pork tonight.

No weight change and am hanging at the edge of the 230's, top edge that is! LOL!
  • cmsienk
    Well - guess what? To my surprise I actually lost a pound while I was out of town. I got back home yesterday around noon. Had to go to the bank and was going to stop at the grocery store on the way home, but it started pouring rain and I just didn't want to get out of my car, so drove home instead and will stop today on my way home from this job. I'm working today, off Sunday and Monday, working Tuesday and Wednesday, off Thursday, then back on a plane on Friday. It's crazy how busy it's gotten.
  • connierandel
    Well. I saw a huge gain today from the trip to Mom's. I'm home and watching it again. Aarg!
  • cmsienk
    I'm up a couple of pounds myself and I won't be able to fit my exercise mat in my luggge on this trip. If I have room for a pair of tennis shoes, maybe I'll try to get in a little walking on my off hours.
  • cmsienk
    There won't be many off hours on this trip. Maybe a couple of hours Monday and Tuesday afternoon. When I'm not working, I think I'll be sleeping.
  • connierandel
    Hope that your trip is going well, and you are getting a bit of rest, and seeing some of the sights in London.
  • Restfinder
    I am going to go to the doctor this afternoon, and hopefully be able to do some blood work, if not today then very soon. I haven't had any real blood work done for two years and I used to have my cholesterol checked once a year and my kidneys twice a year. I really need to know where I am on at least those two things. I would love to do my hormones again and see where they are, it's been several years since they've been checked, and they were a mess last time they were checked.

Eating well. I'm still at 237, but am so grateful that I haven't gained any more. This should come down quickly since I'm not eating as many calories each day.
  • cmsienk
    edited June 2022
    I was off by 6 today and decided to walk to Trafalgar Square. While I was there, a woman I work with texted that she and another coworker were going to go for a walk and did I want to join them to walk around Hyde Park. 20,000 steps later (9 miles!) ... I overdid it. I think I bruised the tendons on the top of my right foot. I didn't want to let on how much it was hurting me, but when we were heading back and one of them wanted to detour into a rose garden, I told them I really needed to go back to the hotel. Once I got to my room, not only was it hurting me more, but I noticed the top of my right foot was very swollen. A little internet research and I'm pretty sure I bruised the tendons in that foot. I called down for some ice (there are zero ice machines in this hotel... I think that's an American thing), and I have it elevated. I don't have any anti-inflammatories with me - only Tylenol and Excedrin. I'll borrow some from a coworker in the morning. Good grief. It's always something.
  • connierandel
    Oh my! Hopefully the foot is better today. I'm sure the ice will help. A 9 mile walk is nothing to mess with. I hope that you can work through it, and find anti-inflammatories that will help.

Your nine miles makes my walk around the block look measly, but I just hate to be out of the house for very long at a time, and the walk felt really good! I really need to get back into the habit.
  • cmsienk
    edited June 2022
    My foot is doing lots better, but I've been more sedentary the last few days. My daily steps goal is 6,000. Wednesday I only got 4,000, Thursday I was at 5,000 and today I'm only at 1,400. I'm not too concerned about today. I worked on getting the water off the top of the winter pool cover and worked my upper body muscles quite a bit. We're late opening the pool this year - we've both been really busy. Our daughter and son-in-law are coming to help with that tomorrow. So it'll be another day of fewer steps but more upper body work.
  • Restfinder
    Phew, Cindy, that is a lot of walking! So glad that it didn't sideline you for long.

I keep gaining and losing the same pound. Today I will work hard to keep the calories down. I did have some cheddar/sour cream chips for a snack last night - ugh. I ended up with the taste of onions in my throat for half the night! Won't do that again - and besides that - they have no nutritional value!

I found out when I went to the dentist that I had geographic tongue. This is where there are smooth red places on your tongue without the little papilla on them. I hadn't every remembered seeing that on my tongue before - so I looked last night and sure enough the entire outer edge of my tongue is smooth and slightly reddened. This is what is causing that burning sensation when I eat some apples or use a regular rather than natural toothpaste! I'm glad to find out what is causing that. The dentist said that a vitamin deficiency or an auto-immune disease can cause that, but when I went to Dr. Google about it, they said that the cause isn't known. I hope it isn't what she said!

Well, doing some housework today, so hopefully that will burn some calories.

Have a great weekend.
  • connierandel
    Aarg, it is too hot and humid to take a walk today. I was just getting back in the habit and it's not going to happen today.
  • cmsienk
    My sister has geographic tongue! I don't know why I didn't think to mention that when you said something about the burning sensation in your mouth. I don't think apples bother her, but she can't handle anything spicy at all. No Mexican food, no pepper... and she's had it for years. She's also been told they don't know what causes it.

I watched my grandson Friday night while my daughter and her husband went to a play. This afternoon I'm watching my youngest granddaughter while my son and his wife finish moving into their new house. Fun with babies!

I have more strawberries to pick - it's a good crop this year. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

• cmsienk
    edited July 2022
    Healthy snack of old-fashioned oatmeal with 2 strawberries from my garden, wild raspberries from a patch I found in the front yard and locally-picked blueberries.
    otzz6aumv6y5.jpg

• connierandel
    Oh - How pretty! Too bad I don't like fruit. I do like oatmeal, but I put bad stuff in it, so it isn't so good for you.
  • cmsienk
    edited July 2022
    Tried a new waffle recipe after church. Ground up gf oats in my food processor to make oat flour waffles. Added some fruit and bacon and voila! Sunday brunch.
    zkhxcoq63rmu.jpg
    PS I'm sorry you don't like fruit.