What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,743 Member
    edited September 2022
    I do, but not always. I don't get to pick the hotel and they don't always come with a free refrigerator. That said, I usually bring several small yogurt cups - I can keep them in the ice bucket if necessary. I sometimes take hardboiled eggs, cheese and even Carving Board turkey slices. I have also on occasion, taken a loaf of gluten free bread and Jif to go natural minis - but every store has been out of those for months now. I know you don't like fruit, but sometimes I'll bring blueberries or red grapes or honeycrisp apples. That said... if I don't have time to run back to my room, it doesn't matter what I've brought. 😑
  • cmsienk
    edited October 2022
    I've been getting a lot of walking in (only early in the morning) while I'm here in Las Vegas.

10/2 - 11,997 steps (5.69 miles)
    10/3 - 20,679 steps (9.87 miles)
    10/4 - 9,073 steps (4.38 miles)
    10/5 - 11,269 steps (5.42 miles)

I know I won't get as many steps today though, as I opted for a little more sleep this morning - instead of waking up at 5am to walk.
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,807 Member
    Wow! How much longer will you be in Vegas?
  • cmsienk
    I'm working all day today and tomorrow until 11am tomorrow. And then my flight is at 3pm tomorrow.
  • connierandel
    I'm sure you will be thrilled to be home!
  • cmsienk
    edited October 2022
    A friend gave me some beautiful butternut squash from her garden... I roasted some for dinner...
    f9my6sj8yi5r.jpg
    7n7dnovaqknm.jpg

• connierandel
    Oh the squash looks great. I haven't done that in YEARS! Neither of the fellows in the household will eat it, but I love it.
  • cmsienk
    Oh I'm the only one here who eats it too (and only butternut squash for me). That's why I picked three of her smallest ones. I ate two of those quarters last night and will probably have the other two with leftover chicken tonight. I'm saving one for when I watch my grandson next Saturday. He's 14 months old and he eats everything!
  • connierandel
    Butternut squash only for me, too...and it needs a bit of sweetener and cinnamon. I need to buy one just for me. I don't usually do that, but why not? I buy fruit for Bill that I won't eat.
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,540 Member
    Well, I did try that recipe for one pan dump-and-go dinner of chicken, broccoli, and sweet potato. The sweet potato tasted good (I put cinnamon on it that wasn't in the recipe - LOL). The broccoli burnt and the chicken was pretty tasteless. Tasted the maple syrup a wee bit on the sweet potatoes but very little to none on the chicken. Won't be making that one again unless I make lots of changes.

Will probably be going out to eat this evening. Wade and the guys from the Church have been working in our building all day! We are trying to get the heating/air set up and get the finishings done so we can start meeting back in there again - hope it's soon. We had some awesome times together over the past year, so it's been hard to be apart during the heat of summer. It should be really nice when they get through. It's called The Net House and will be a prettied-up version of one when they are through. We'll have some fishing nets hanging on the walls too. Can't wait for it to all get done! We are fishers of men, and fishermen go to the net house to get themselves ready to go out fishing!

Have a few more things to get done before Wade gets home! Have a super weekend with Jesus, y'all.
  • connierandel
    One of the recipes that I tried recently and really liked was orange chicken made with sugar free orange soda. It is really easy and very tasty. I have "made it mine", but basically it is boneless chicken breast or thighs cut in cubes, a bag of frozen pepper/onion blend, a half can of french style green beans and various spices to taste (onion powder, garlic powder, salt free greek seasoning, etc - shows Chinese 5 spice, but I didn't have it). Just throw it in a pan with a can of orange soda and cook until done. I then added another half can of soda with a bit of corn starch to thicken a bit, but that wasn't in the recipe. Then just serve over rice or cauliflower rice. Both of the guys really like it. The sauce is the best part. My BIL loves orange chicken at the Chinese restaurant and it always throws his blood sugar out of whack. This is great because of no sugar.

I haven't tried it, but I bet it would be good just thrown in the crock pot. I may try that next time.
  • connierandel
    Well, a new year and the need for tracking and being open with my eating. It sure has been fun eating whatever I want and whenever I want, but I don't like the weight gained over the last couple of months.

January 2
    Calories - 946
    Carbs - 121 - I don't think I can watch this as closely as before due to dietary restrictions of my BIL and Bill.
    Sat Fat - 11
    Cholesterol - 30
  • Restfinder
    Phew, had to switch some stuff around to drop some carbs and add some protein!

Cals - 927
    Carbs - 92
    protein - 62
    sat fat - 10

I am going to have my soup again this evening and not sure about those amounts, so these numbers may be a bit off. The soup has quite a few carbs, so for tomorrow's dinner, I can make more protein and fewer carbs. I don't like my calories to be quite that low, 950-1000 is my target.

I didn't get my walk yesterday but did do some more moving around the house and getting some things done. I had around 1200 steps yesterday. Will do more today. I did lose 1/2 a pound! LOL!

• Restfinder
    Found where I can change my goals. I set my daily intake at 1000 calories and I'm already over that by 4 for today! If I eat everything I plan to. Getting enough protein is going to be a hard one!

Today's numbers: Cals: 1004
    Carbs: 93
    Protein: 62
    sat fat: 10 (I'm happy about keeping this one down, should help my cholesterol)
    I'm +401 for my potassium and probably more than that because I take two different potassium supplements, one is 99mg and the other is 1000mg.

I am going to have bloodwork done next Thursday so will see how all my numbers are doing. Hopefully, he will do my thyroid this time.
  • connierandel
    Tuesday:
    Calories - 985
    Carbs - 122
    Sat Fat - 11
    Cholesterol - 53

I stayed within my 8 hour time frame for eating. I didn't get quite as much exercising as I did on Monday - after a storm came through and we had a flood in our newly remodeled basement. Whew, if it isn't one thing, it is another. It looks like a pretty nice day today, and I need to do some running around. Maybe I can get a walk in as well.
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2023
    Oh my goodness, Connie, when it rains, it pours. Literally! I hope the damage wasn't too bad. I'm getting control of my eating, but haven't been able to get back to exercising quite yet. I'm working on it
  • connierandel
    I guess I just deleted my comment. There wasn't any damage, just a mess.

Tonight was takeout breakfast but ate egg whites to keep the cholesterol down. Calories were taken from the website so should be accurate but don't have nutrients.

Calories 1049
  • Restfinder
    We went out for breakfast this morning so at a mom and pop restaurant and I couldn't find their nutrition information, but I had the sausage omelet and the hashbrowns - well, half. I will eat the other half tomorrow. Here are my probably close numbers:
    cals: 999
    carbs: 74
    sat fat: 16 (a little over)
    prot: 67
    sodium was way over by 449 and my potassium was 613 (no supplement today)

I don't know if any of my supplements have calories, but the ones I know do I've added (like my powders and my liquid vitamin and mineral).
  • cmsienk
    I had a cinnamon zucchini muffin and coffee around 11 and then didn't eat dinner until 7 because I was out grocery shopping. Dinner was garlic chicken with 1/2 cup of rice and broccoli
  • connierandel
    I'm really trying to stay in the 11-7 time frame for intermittent fast. I had gotten so used to grabbing a few almonds, a few Hershey Kisses, or a brownie whenever I wanted. I really need to get myself back on a healthy regime.

I didn't get to eat brunch until 11:40, so I was a bit past 7 when I realized I wasn't going to get my snack in, so I kept it in the 8 hours instead of the 11-7.

Calories: 895
    Carbs: 97 - that is a little better, but I have no idea why.
    Sat Fat: 14 - one over. I guess it was the cheese in my casserole along with a piece of string cheese for my snack. It seems like if my carbs are lower, the fats are higher. I guess that is normal.
    Cholesterol: 130