What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Replies

• connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,809 Member
    Today was much better. No emotional eating.
    Calories: 917
    Carbs: 78
    Sat fat: 19
    Cholesterol: 284

We had breakfast for dinner so the scrambled eggs (half egg white half egg) almost put me over in Cholesterol).
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,756 Member
    edited January 2023
    My eating was better today.

Brunch was avocado toast at
    a favorite bakery/restaurant...
    From the menu: "Thick slice of sourdough bread, avocado, an over easy egg, caramelized onion and chopped bacon."
    1c9xsrgbuw4d.png

Leftover chicken salad in half a pita pocket with veggie rotini Alfredo and peas for dinner
  • connierandel
    OH - that looks so good!
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,551 Member
    Take away the avocado and that would be an awesome breakfast! LOL! I think I don't like the mushy texture of the avocado more than not liking the flavor.

Going to try and experiment for lunch. Chicken tenders coated with coconut flour, milk, and corn chips (since anything wheat is out for me). We'll see how it works. I'm also going to have some mashed potatoes. Dinner will be my smoothie and veggie chips and my snack, 8 slices of pepperoni!

Here are my proposed numbers for today:
    cals: 995
    carbs: 88
    protein: 67
    sat fat: 12
    sodium and potassium in range.
  • cmsienk
    Oatmeal with 1/2 banana, 6 large blackberries and 1/2 T ground flaxseed for breakfast. Graham cracker with coffee for a snack. (2 cups of coffee so far today.) I'm traveling to Dallas today, so I'll probably snack through lunch. Hopefully I won't eat my dinner too late.

I brought my exercise mat to do some stretching, planks and push ups in my room. Now if I just stick with it.
  • connierandel
    Frozen waffles with a squirt of butter Pam for brunch. Turkey meatloaf, green beans, salad with homemade dressing, and a small scoop of mashed potatoes for dinner. Snacks - small cinnamon crumb cake and 5 hershey kisses.....not good, but needed to increase calories.

Calories:970
    Carbs: 109
    Sat Fat: 13
    Cholesterol: 33
  • Restfinder
    I ended up adding a slice of bread with about 1/2 Tbsp of peanutbutter with my evening snack. That probably brought me up to my 1100 calorie limit.

234.4 this morning. I didn't track my calories and stuff today, but it should be close to yesterday. I had 3-4 oz. of the chicken tenders we made last night and a bag of my veggie chips for lunch. I'll do my smoothie for dinner and probably some corn puffs; and not sure what my snack will be yet. It will probably end up being a high carb day!

Wade set up our little fire pit that we got from Amazon. It's pretty small, so just perfect for our deck! https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09T3KK25X Spent time out there drinking my coffee this morning - so nice!
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2023
    My husband and I are both in Dallas - working on the same program, but for different clients. They forgot to book a room for him and by the time they figured that out, all the downtown rooms were booked... SO he's staying with me. 😁 We walked to a Mexican restaurant for dinner last night and I way overate. They dropped the basket of chips and salsa and then we didn't see anyone for at least 15 minutes. By the time someone stopped by "... Has anyone been to take your order? This used to be my section, but now it's not..." we had demolished the entire basket of chips. After they sorted it out and our order was taken, another basket of chips appeared and we finished that. And, of course, I finished my entire order of chicken enchiladas. All told, even though I only had a small yogurt for breakfast and a cup of chicken rice soup for lunch, I'm pretty sure that late dinner (and all those chips) put me over for the day.

I did some stretching and planks this morning. So far I've only had a venti latte and a slice of cheese. I brought a couple of hard boiled eggs and another small yogurt with me. Time to break those out I think.
  • connierandel
    Stayed within my calories and time frame, but can't get to the nutrients right now. They should be pretty much in line.
  • connierandel
    I was a little low in calories today. I did frozen waffles (with a spritz of Pam and splenda/cinnamon) this morning while I was fixing waffles (with real butter and SF syrup for Bill) and a homemade sausage. He always says he doesn't like frozen waffles, but I can't get him to eat hardly anything except donuts or cinnamon rolls (high sodium & sugar). He snarfed those waffles right down. Maybe it will work for a day or two a week.

Anyway, I ate a little early, so had to quit eating early and didn't have time to get much of a late evening snack. Wound up at 775 calories.
  • cmsienk
    Back home from Dallas. I stayed the same weight while I was gone. Hardly ate anything yesterday because we were busy getting the house ready for the painters, who are coming this morning. I know that's not healthy, so I'll try to do better today.
  • Restfinder
    Well, I gained a pound after eating snacks like there was no tomorrow. My snacks are healthy, but not when you have three or four servings! Our pastor is back in the hospital and they aren't sure what is causing things to go amiss in his body. Please keep him in your prayers. He is 75, but when he feels good he does great and keeps very busy.

I had a protein bar and coffee for breakfast. I'm out of protein drinks until the fourth of Feb when my Amazon order gets here. I ordered an extra box, so should have plenty for Feb and the beginning of March. I ordered a different brand this time to see if I like it. It's about five dollars cheaper than the one I've been getting. I'm going to try and eat sparsely this week to see if I can stop the headaches I've been having. We've had a couple of weather fronts go through so they could be the culprit, but I'm not sure.

I was 235.4 this morning.

Here are my numbers for today:
    cals: 1009
    carbs: 83 (healthy)
    protein: 49
    sat fat: 13
    sodium: +5
    Potassium: -357

• connierandel
    Did pretty well for a Sunday. I ate 870 calories even with a cinnamon crumb cake for my snack.
    Carbs -96
    Sat fat - 15 (oops)
    Cholesterol - 133
  • Restfinder
    edited January 2023
    I found a recipe for Breakfast Apple Oatmeal that sounds really good.
    Slice two apples and place in bottom of crock pot with 1/4 C brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon and a pinch of salt. On top of that place 2 C oatmeal, 2 C (1%) milk, 2 C water - DO NOT STIR! Cook for 8-9 hours on low. It should be around 6 servings.

I checked this with a recipe checker and thought about doing coconut cream rather than milk, but it was a huge difference in fat and carbs. I am going to add 1/4 tsp nutmeg as well. Here's the nutritional information for a 1 C serving:
    Calories: 202
    Fat: 2.8; sat fat .9
    Cholesterol: 4 mg
    sodium: 42 mg
    carbs: 39.2
    fiber: 4.8 (subtract from carbs)
    sugar: 18.2
    protein: 6.6
    VitaminD: 42mcg
    Calcium: 123 mg
    Iron: 2 mg
    potassium: 312 mg
  • connierandel
    I have made a similar recipe with bananas instead of apples. It was good, but Bill has gotten to where he really doesn't want oatmeal anymore. His breakfasts are getting much more difficult. He really wants donuts or cinnamon rolls every morning and that isn't happening!

Today I cleaned up some leftovers for lunch and it took me a few calories more than usual, but not bad.
    Calories: 1064
    Carbs: 88
    Sat Fat: 19 (too much meat and cheese)
    Cholesterol: 223
  • Restfinder
    Here's another thought, Connie. What about using the crescent rolls - don't separate, but put them flat on a baking sheet and pinch the perforations closed. Then add some apple slices (thin) (or fresh blueberries or strawberries) and cinnamon and a wee bit of butter on half, then fold over. Bake as instructed on the package directions. You could sprinkle a tiny bit of sugar over the top so he feels like it's something sweet, but there would be very little sugar. Wade and I have enjoyed the one we had with the apples.

Here are my numbers for today. Yesterday I did have a couple of snacks added to mine - sigh!
    Cal: 999
    carbs: 83
    protein: 49
    sat fat: 13
    sodium and potassium were both over a wee bit.
  • connierandel
    Kim - the refrigerated dough has tons of sodium that Bill can't have. The frozen waffles I have been using aren't nearly as bad. So far we are doing okay with homemade sausage and waffles one day and homemade sausage and eggs a day, then either shredded wheat, oats or something like donuts for a day. That way it is only one or two days a week.

Today
    Calories 950
    Carbs 101
    Cholesterol 268
  • Restfinder
    Oh wow, I didn't realize. I can't eat it anymore - boo hoo, I'll miss those. What I miss most is pizza! A restaurant just down the road from us remodeled and we ordered from them the other night. I used to get a shrimp burger without the bread, they would put the shrimp and cole slaw in a bowl for me - but they don't carry that on their menu anymore. They did have one thing I saw that would probably work - chicken parmesan. The cheese isn't good for me, but so far it isn't giving me headaches!

Oh dear, we are getting colder weather now. It's in the 40's today. It's been rainy and cloudy as well. Wouldn't it be great if we could sleep through the cold weather like the bears do?? LOL!

Hope y'all have a great day. Love in Christ, Kim

• connierandel
    It's in the 40s here, too. That's a warming trend here, though. It has been teens and low 20s.

I don't know yet how the calories and carbs will be today. I did the pork ribs in the crockpot again. I hope I saved the recipe here, but it would be difficult to do because of having to do the recipe for BBQ sauce in the recipe for ribs. Anyway. It should be okay as far as calories and carbs, just hard to track. I may not even try.
  • connierandel
    I didn't try to track yesterday, but I didn't over do anything...I just didn't want to try to figure it out.

Today isn't too bab.
    Calories 897
    Carbs 76
    Sat fat 12
    Cholesterol 28