What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Replies

• connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,809 Member
    Saturday
    Calories: 985
    Carbs: 102
    Sat Fat: 14 (those ribs - but oh they were good)
    Cholesterol: 83

I don't think I will track today, but I am being good. The numbers would probably be similar to yesterday, since some leftovers from the ribs yesterday are being eaten.
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,551 Member
    Yum, peanut butter toast!

Connie, Wade likes to watch cooking shows for barbequing, and some of them said to line the side of the crockpot with the ribs, just mold the rack to the sides after putting on spices, and then pour the BBQ sauce over the edge of the ribs. I don't remember for how long though. "Smokin' and Grillin' with AB" He has a couple for ribs and one of them compares ribs in the crockpot to ribs in the oven. We usually do ribs in our smoker, which ends up being an all-day event! LOL!

I am having some turkey soup tonight from some left over turkey we found in the freezer! We use chicken broth, one can of cream of chicken soup, frozen veggies and jasmine rice. We put some chicken spice mix and some Italian spice mix in there too. We put this batch in the crock pot with a liner. When we try to make it in the stock pot the rice burned on the bottom - sigh! I don't much care, but Wade doesn't like burnt stuff! Oh man, the burnt end of meatloaf - yummers!

Here are my proposed numbers for today:
    cals: 1051
    carbs 92
    protein 53
    sat fat 7
    sodium and potassium in the normal range.

I think I will have to change my calorie goal from 1000 to 1100, I've rarely been near that 1000 mark! I am happy if I am between 1100 and 1200.

Love y'all.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,756 Member
    Chicken chili for lunch with a little cheese and avocado. It's a little on the heavy side of calories but I think dinner will be a salad so that's fine.
    hmne06t25x7d.jpg
    (You can see the beginnings of our hardwood floor refinishing project in the background. I'll post a couple of pictures in the Chat thread )
  • connierandel
    You chicken chili looks really good. Share your recipe! There are several that I have seen that the guys wouldn't eat, but I keep looking. I can substitute some things, but not half the recipe.

Today some numbers were just a little over, but we had Mexican and it was tasty. With the rice and beans, it kind of hurts the carbs. I may cut a bit of my snack and that will help, but not doing it right now.
    Calories: 999
    Carbs: 120
    Sat Fats: 14
    Cholesterol: 106
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2023
    Thank you! It was good and quick. My husband likes spicy, salty food, so he doctored it up. To me - it was the perfect amount of spicy - very little.

I modified an Instant Pot/Slow cooker recipe that called for raw chicken, navy beans and more chili powder than I wanted to use... I had leftover chicken from the day before to use and it was too close to dinnertime to use my slow cooker.

1 1/2 lbs cut up leftover chicken

2 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained

1 bag of frozen corn

1 (4-ounce) can, diced green chiles, drained (MILD)

One carton of chicken stock 

3 teaspoons ground cumin 

2 teaspoons chili powder 

1 teaspoon garlic powder 

1 teaspoon onion powder (I didn't have onion powder so I sautéed 1/4 of an onion really quick and added that)

I skipped the 1 1/2 t Kosher salt

shredded cheese and avocado for topping

Add all ingredients to the pot and bring to boiling. Boil for 10 minutes, then reduce heat and simmer for another 15-20 minutes.

https://eat-drink-love.com/instant-pot-white-chicken-chili/
  • Restfinder
    Cindy, the only difference between yours and mine is that I use black beans, canned corn, and rotel tomatoes and chilis. The last couple times I made it I didn't add the 8 oz of cream cheese! That really does make a difference, but Wade doesn't like it. Oh yum with all that cheese on top - avocado, not so much! LOL!

Off a wee bit today. I ate breakfast out with friends and had two scrambled eggs, bacon, and home fries with coffee (half and half and sugar added). No lunch, breakfast lasted until about 10:45. I did have a Little Debbie Valentine's treat (yummers) and dinner will be my protein drink and chips. Lots of steps, went shopping - well, not as many as Cindy gets, but lots for me.
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2023
    Kim, I make mine a white chili - no tomatoes added. And I usually use navy beans but didn't have any on hand. I've always preferred frozen vegetables to canned but there's probably not much difference except for the sodium. The cream cheese sounds good, but I'm fine having those calories in the avocado cubes instead.
  • Restfinder
    Oh, yeah, without the tomatoes would make it white. I got my recipe from a Youtube video from the Collingsworth family. You don't add liquids, you just use the liquid in the cans. I use canned chicken as well - makes it a lot faster!

I was surprised at how few calories are in a slice of bacon. Sometimes when Wade makes his for his breakfast he makes an extra one for me. I tracked it this morning and it was just 45 calories for the Smithfield bacon!

I adjusted my numbers today, upping my calories to 1100 rather than the 1000. I just can't get enough and keep it that low.

Here are my numbers for today:
    cals 1036
    80 carbs
    9 sat fat
    52 protein (I need to figure out how to up these)
    in with potassium and sodium.

I'm working harder at controlling and caring for my lymphedema/lipedema, wearing the compression garments at least five days a week, even though I should be wearing them 7, some days when we go out it isn't convenient to have them on. I can't always get my pants over the wraps because my calves are so large. Praise the Lord they aren't anything like some of the pictures I see. I think I am at stage two lipedema and have been holding there for a long time.

Gorgeous day here today, warm and sunny. Woohoo.
  • cmsienk
    I put a pork loin in the slow cooker for today's dinner. I added potatoes (for hubby), sweet potatoes (for me), carrots and onions. I'll probably skip the carrots and have leftover sweet baby peas with my sweet potato and pork. I moved the slow cooker and a small microwave into the living room in order to stay out off the kitchen floors for the next couple of days. I'm down a total of 2 lbs. It's not much, but at least it's moving in the right direction
  • connierandel
    I was absolutely off the charts bad yesterday. I had a HUGE pork tenderloin sandwich and potato salad for dinner. I was good for brunch and staying in my time frame.

Today:
    Calories: 969
    Carbs: 82
    Sat Fats: 12
    Cholesterol: 204

For dinner I made chicken tenders in the air fryer. They turned out really good. I ate mine with a tad of honey mustard, the guys with homemade BBQ sauce.
  • Restfinder
    You do so well the rest of the time, I don't think that day should hurt you much.

Love pork loin!

I'm going to make salmon patties tonight. Boy, figuring that out took some doing. The last time I had them I used chopped pecans instead of saltines, but when I went to add it it was huge in calories, so I am going to risk having the saltines. LOL!

Here are my numbers for today:
    cals 1065
    carbs 78
    sat fat 11 protein 64

I got a call this morning about my cholesterol - woohoo, my numbers were significantly down using Red Yeast Rice and Fish oil. I was 21 points down overall (still not under 200, but working my way there); 38 down on my triglycerides; and 16 down on my LDL! So happy and praising the Lord. The other times I tried this it didn't work much, so I am thanking the Lord for His intervention this time!

Love y'all.
  • connierandel
    Well, I kind of blew the Sat Fats today, but other than that, was okay.
    Calories: 1010
    Carbs: 84
    Sat Fat: 22 - WHOA!
    Cholesterol: 179
  • cmsienk
    No numbers to share, but I'm down 4 lbs since just before Christmas. Yesterday I only had coffee in the morning and a ciabatta dinner roll with a slice of cheese mid-day. Then we went out to dinner to get out of the house for a couple of hours while the floor dried. (Our floor refinisher did a treatment called water-popping on the fully sanded hardwood to bring out the grain before staining today.) Anyway, we went to Outback Steahouse where I had a 6 oz filet mignon with a sweet potato and a dinner salad. I think I kept those dinner calories to under 600. And my weight was the same today, so that's a good thing.
  • connierandel
    Today was a pretty good day. Since I am on my phone, I can't get to the stats, but a little under 1000 calories.
  • cmsienk
    Olive Garden for dinner... Soup (Zuppa Tuscana) and salad. Under 500 calories. Came home and made a hot chocolate because I knew I had calories to spare
  • connierandel
    About 1050 calories today, but carbs were awful. I had a few calories, so ate a piece of cinnamon crumb cake. Tomorrow will be a total cheat day. I have a luncheon with friends from church. They insisted that I need a few hours away. One of the husbands offered to stay with Bill, but I think it would be very uncomfortable for them both. Kip will keep an eye out for him.
  • Restfinder
    My weekend was a cheat day! Sigh! My cheats were healthy, but I also discovered that wheat also gives me headaches! Now I can't be willing to suffer the other consequences since it isn't worth the headache. We had pizza and that is what did me in with the headache, lovely migraine! I have to look at wheat now like I look at chocolate and strawberries and almonds and chickpeas and guava and there's something else, but I can't remember it right now! :'( Pizza seems to be something I won't ever be able to eat again unless I can find a no-wheat crust and non-dairy cheese for it!

Here are my numbers for today. I switched my corn puff snack for an egg with pepperoni! I needed the protein and not the carbs!

970 cals
    69 carbs
    14 sat fat
    53 protein
    sodium and potassium are in range.
  • cmsienk
    Exercise class tonight. I'm holding steady at 4 lbs lost. My eating was okay - not great. I ate at 5 before my class, but needed a snack around 9, so I had some pistachios
  • connierandel
    Yesterday was terrible. I think a lot of emotional eating. First there was a luncheon planned to get me out of the house for a while. I knew there would be no healthy eating where we were going, so ate donuts early. We had a lot of fun at the lunch (15 of us) but while I was still at the shopping center where the restaurant was located, I got a call from my BIL that Bill had fallen and he called 911. Bill wasn't hurt, but they got him up and in his chair. I had a really long 15 minute drive home. The one time I arrange to get away just for fun and this happens. I know it could have happened with me here, but it really hit me hard.

Today is a new day.
  • Restfinder
    You have to get away sometimes, Connie! Don't blame yourself. When Mom was in the nursing home, she fell far more than she did when she was home with us - I hated that, but I knew we couldn't take care of her anymore, and if something happened they would take care of it - and they did. Kip called 911, awesome! They came and took care of it. Bill wasn't hurt, awesome, God watched over him! Don't let this take away from the joy you had while out or how important it was for you! You continue in my prayers! Hugs! Donuts are very good when we are taking care of someone!

Didn't stick with my numbers yesterday, went over a little bit.

I haven't added dinner to these numbers but I have 370 to 1370 calories to stay in range.
    Cals: 630
    Carbs: 50
    Protein: 49
    sat fat: 8

I was 234.8 this morning.